Red Riding Hood redo; bland with a bit of fun.

Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byfierceshopper March 25, 2011

My boys and I loved it from age 6 on up (to 11 and counting).

I think the way CS describes the cheating, violence etc is way off base. I just loved this movie, and my sons did too. They are now 8 & 11, but have seen it a few times over the last several years, so I'd say it's fine for age 5 and up. The writing is smart, funny and quick and we all enjoyed the way the Roshomon-like storytelling comes together at the end. Really clever and fun.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne April 30, 2011

My mom hated it, I, on the other hand, liked it.

It was so much better than I was expecting. She bought it for me one day (she knows how immature I am), but I didn't pick it up until 2 years later when I was bored enough to check it out. At first, I found the animation to be a bit annoying, but you get used to it towards the middle of the movie. All I have to say is that it is very unique and weird. Wouldn't recommend watching it if you don't like crazy comedy. They're making a second one? ...Oh my gosh.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny June 5, 2011

Classic fairy tale twist...

Ignore CommonSense's review, this was a great movie! First of all, I know the animation may have been lacking and, overall, wasn't the greatest. Yeah, it might've needed some tweaking, but to tell you the truth, the graphics and animation don't really matter, as long as the movie has a unique story and keeps you in your seat. I have to say, the story was just awesome. It starts out with Red Riding Hood riding to grandma's house, which is basically the same beginning of the original story. However, it takes a twist and each of the characters (Wolf, Granny, and the others) are interviewed by police officers, in order to hear each side of the story. If not a memorable movie, it still had memorable songs. This was really worth the watch.
Adult Written bykcrossley April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bymyself April 9, 2008

UUGH

That was the worst movie ever! I thought i was going to die! I was so bored and just when it finally started coming together IT WAS OVER!!!!! I would disuade anybody who was thinking about wasting their money on this show at all.
Adult Written byJEDI micah May 18, 2012

WHO IS THE BANDIT?!

This movie, despite poor computer graphics, is actually pretty funny and very clever! You get to know the "real" stories behind Red Riding Hood, the Wolf, Granny, and the axman. I think the Wolf and his little squirrel sidekick make the whole movie funny! This is a great movie for kids and even adults too! There is a sequel to this movie, which is very terrible! But if you want to see it for yourself, be my guest!
Teen, 16 years old Written bypiebloxxerpie June 25, 2011

AWESOME

Funny movie, still watch it.
Adult Written byWonderfulTonight September 5, 2009

very clever

Very fun and funny movie!
Adult Written bycissykay April 9, 2008

Funny twist on a classic fairy tale!

This film explores different perspectives of the same story by showing showing what REALLY happens to each character. My 4 year old was a little scared on some of the more harrowing scenes on our first viewing. This has since become his favorite movie and laughs in all the right places. This film is a great way to look at the concept of perspective and point of view. This kind of reminds me of "The True Story of the Three Little Pigs" by Jon Scieszka and Lane Smith.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnn Nonymous January 11, 2015

Fond memories of this movie!

I remember seeing this in theaters with my grandma. It's a really cute twist on a classic fairytale . It has funny jokes and keeps your attention with a twist at the end. Fun for the whole family. Bearable for adults unlike some little kid shows and movies. See it, you won't regret it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimonBerkowitz September 8, 2013

UNDERRATED!

Hoodwinked is by far, one of my favorite fairy tail spoofs ever. Not just movies, but I'm talkin' books, sketches, everything, up to the point where I think it belongs in the same rank as Shrek 2! Yes, I am aware that the animation is absolutely HORRENDOUS, but seriously, if you can overlook that, you'll find yourself enjoying the movie a lot for it's great writing, it's hilarious jokes, and loveable characters. My favorite character is the Wolf, no contest (usually if Patrick Warburton is in a movie, he's my favorite character). He's just plain hilarious. It's also pretty good for kids, nothing too violent, accept for use of explosives, but that's also used in Bugs Bunny cartoons, and nobody actually gets harmed from it. In fact, it's all made for comedy when they use it. However, I wouldn't recommend it to very young kids, cause they wouldn't understand a lot of the clever jokes. Probably wait for them to be about 6 years old. If only they could make a sequel, to continue such an amazing film. What do you say? They made one? Nope, that never happened. What are you talking about? IT NEVER HAPPENED.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 16, 2012

Perfect,but the sequel sucked.

How did this get 2 stars! CSM has a bad taste,it's not even good! This was a funny,action packed,greatly animated movie.The graphics could use a little work though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCodemaster August 29, 2011

An awesome movie!

A great movie, even for a person my age! Combines Mystery with Action in this movie that is a bit childish, but still just as fun! Has a few good morals (good triumphs over evil, never trust a bunny, Dynamite isn't pronounced DEE-Nah-Mee-teh, etc.) Overall, a great movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 April 12, 2011

Funny

It wasn't hilarious, but it was funny. It's a retelling of Red Riding Hood, but it's not like story except for the characters' name. The violence is only comical.
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2010

Not Your Average Mystery Move

This is a movie that can have some adult themes in it, but it is very interesting with its comedy and its fighting sequences. You don't know who is the thief and that is what makes it interesting because when you see a mystery movie, you can tell who the bad guy is halfway through the movie, but in this, they really keep it concealed.
Kid, 10 years old March 21, 2010

stupid

Ok i saw it and I HATED it me and my mom thought it was terrible very stupid and a very bad remake of the regular little red riding hood
Adult Written bybrucevain April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byBenjamin12367 November 4, 2016

Classic movie

This movie was one of my favorites for a while, the more I watch the more I realize that the animation is really wierd but it is a great movie. 1: The grandma and the wolf are awesome, the ram with the horns is awesome, the squirrel is funny, and the bunny is amazing. Incredible story for me. 2: The schitnzel children are hilarious but they are really creepy, they remind of the character Chucky which is creepy but I still think it's a funny scene. 3: I would recommend this movie, number two is not nearly as good. Classic movie I would give it 4 stars. Hope you enjoy the review!
Kid, 7 years old October 14, 2014

Fabulous Movie :)

This movie is fabulous for kids and parents. There are definitely very funny parts. And also, I think that there are some surprises in the movie. I think some parts may be a little scary and the tiniest bit sad for kids younger than 5. Anyways, I think it's a great movie and if you're a parent, I think your kids should definitely watch this.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 9, 2012

Good, but could be better.

The ending was terrible, but the rest of the movie was decent.