All member reviews for Hoodwinked

Teen, 16 years old Written bypiebloxxerpie June 25, 2011

AWESOME

Funny movie, still watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymyself April 9, 2008

UUGH

That was the worst movie ever! I thought i was going to die! I was so bored and just when it finally started coming together IT WAS OVER!!!!! I would disuade anybody who was thinking about wasting their money on this show at all.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny June 5, 2011

Classic fairy tale twist...

Ignore CommonSense's review, this was a great movie! First of all, I know the animation may have been lacking and, overall, wasn't the greatest. Yeah, it might've needed some tweaking, but to tell you the truth, the graphics and animation don't really matter, as long as the movie has a unique story and keeps you in your seat. I have to say, the story was just awesome. It starts out with Red Riding Hood riding to grandma's house, which is basically the same beginning of the original story. However, it takes a twist and each of the characters (Wolf, Granny, and the others) are interviewed by police officers, in order to hear each side of the story. If not a memorable movie, it still had memorable songs. This was really worth the watch.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne April 30, 2011

My mom hated it, I, on the other hand, liked it.

It was so much better than I was expecting. She bought it for me one day (she knows how immature I am), but I didn't pick it up until 2 years later when I was bored enough to check it out. At first, I found the animation to be a bit annoying, but you get used to it towards the middle of the movie. All I have to say is that it is very unique and weird. Wouldn't recommend watching it if you don't like crazy comedy. They're making a second one? ...Oh my gosh.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnn Nonymous January 11, 2015

Fond memories of this movie!

I remember seeing this in theaters with my grandma. It's a really cute twist on a classic fairytale . It has funny jokes and keeps your attention with a twist at the end. Fun for the whole family. Bearable for adults unlike some little kid shows and movies. See it, you won't regret it.
Kid, 7 years old October 14, 2014

Great Movie

This movie, I really liked. There are definitely very funny parts. And also, I think that there are some surprises in the movie. I think some parts may be a little scary for kids younger than 5. Anyways, I think it's a great movie and if you're a parent, I think your kids should definitely watch this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimonBerkowitz September 8, 2013

UNDERRATED!

Hoodwinked is by far, one of my favorite fairy tail spoofs ever. Not just movies, but I'm talkin' books, sketches, everything, up to the point where I think it belongs in the same rank as Shrek 2! Yes, I am aware that the animation is absolutely HORRENDOUS, but seriously, if you can overlook that, you'll find yourself enjoying the movie a lot for it's great writing, it's hilarious jokes, and loveable characters. My favorite character is the Wolf, no contest (usually if Patrick Warburton is in a movie, he's my favorite character). He's just plain hilarious. It's also pretty good for kids, nothing too violent, accept for use of explosives, but that's also used in Bugs Bunny cartoons, and nobody actually gets harmed from it. In fact, it's all made for comedy when they use it. However, I wouldn't recommend it to very young kids, cause they wouldn't understand a lot of the clever jokes. Probably wait for them to be about 6 years old. If only they could make a sequel, to continue such an amazing film. What do you say? They made one? Nope, that never happened. What are you talking about? IT NEVER HAPPENED.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 9, 2012

Good, but could be better.

The ending was terrible, but the rest of the movie was decent.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 January 10, 2012

Awesome!

Great family movie! Just some mild violence. No blood. Super funny!
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2011

I loved this movie

The common sense review was not at all true. This movie and great and deserves a 5-star, not a 2-star. A lot of times Common Sense Media gives bad reviews and make movies sound bad like on Kirby Right Back At Ya. The reviews give out more helpful information. :)
Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2011

hoodwinked rocks in a good--and bad way

One of my favorite fairy-tale-remaking movies I've ever seen since the Shrek series. It may be an action-packed comedy, but it's a heartfelt one at its core. Kids may not be likely to appeal to the sight of being trapped in a brake-less and dynamite-filled cable car, or an explosion or old-schooled martial arts movie fighting, including the Matrix bicycle kick. It's also a very funny one with lots of addicting songs, such as "Great Big Wood" (my personal favorite), "Red Is Blue" (the sad song), and "Be Prepared". A movie I suggest that you see although it does crack up with blandness at times, and one I feel sorry that it got a terrible sequel.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAuboisAcadiaStudios September 5, 2011

twist on a fairy tale

i loved this movie since it came out. it's a little violent, but it's a twist on a fairy tale and kids will love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byJaydaBanana September 4, 2011

Good, but there were some annoying parts

I liked it and the story was fine, but no one seems to think Red overreacted a little when she found out her granny's real identity? Like, really. You are a little girl! You are not going to get out of the woods on your own! Stop being so sensitive and wait until you can handle yourself.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCodemaster August 29, 2011

An awesome movie!

A great movie, even for a person my age! Combines Mystery with Action in this movie that is a bit childish, but still just as fun! Has a few good morals (good triumphs over evil, never trust a bunny, Dynamite isn't pronounced DEE-Nah-Mee-teh, etc.) Overall, a great movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMerlinFan August 28, 2011

Adorable Family Film! <3

This movie was adorable! I saw it when I was about 12, and I thought it was so cute! The characters are witty and fun. It's a great kids movie for the whole family to enjoy, and you WILL enjoy it!
Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2011

Too Violent, 2nd hoodwinked is better.

This one is very violent but it is pretty interesting, but boring. The 2nd one is better!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 April 12, 2011

Funny

It wasn't hilarious, but it was funny. It's a retelling of Red Riding Hood, but it's not like story except for the characters' name. The violence is only comical.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicjesusfreak January 8, 2011

Laugh out loud funny, great for everyone. A must see.

Alright, Common Sense (unlike normal) just didn't get it with this one this one. There is one questionably violent scene of Red falling out of a cable car, but she lands on the ground unscathed. Other violence includes some (big bad stupid) people getting beat up, an avalanche, snowballs, and some dynamite blowing up. Also, on a (rather wild) train ride, the train track (which we later learn was blown up by the dynamite), suddenly stops, and the mining car flies off it, but everyone is O.K. (Trust me on this one. If I told you what happened, I would spoil two of the biggest laughs in the movie). On that, "Hoodwinked" Is one of the funniest, smartest, and all around best movies I have ever seen. It is especially funny, (like, fall out of your chair, laugh out loud funny), and is a must see for all families. Adults will enjoy it just as much as kids, so if you are planning a family movie night soon, make this the movie. If you aren't, plan one and watch this movie. Enjoy!
Kid, 12 years old November 24, 2010

if you have little kids, they're gonna love this
Teen, 14 years old Written byHannahBanana01 July 23, 2010

I LOVED IT! i remember when it first came out i wound just watchi it over and over again in my room, its really funny in my opinion for anyone, my grandparents whatched it and loved it!!!