All member reviews for Hoodwinked

Red Riding Hood redo; bland with a bit of fun.

THIS IS HILARIOUS!

this busts guts! although mild explosions and a bit of language walks in, it's great fun!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

TWITTCHY!!!

Its relly funny. Its a grat "shuld-be-5-star movie."
Adult Written byTraceyWithAnE April 9, 2008

Poor animation but a good storyline

One reason why I rated this for an older age group was because the story was told from 4 different perspectives. I think my 5 yr old missed a lot of the nuances that came with this type of story telling. When the motive behind the rabbit stealing all the recipes was shown, it was done quite quickly. They revealed that the rabbit was going to make addictive goodies to become rich, but my son understood it as the rabbit was going to make the best tasting goodies. There were a lot of references put in this film, that were directed towards the adults. - The Wolf was actually a play on Chevy Chase's Fletch character, right down to the basketball shirt and similar music when the Wolf appeared. - "Triple G" as a take-off on Vin Diesel as Triple X I liked the story and my son also enjoyed the film. The animation definitely wasn't up to par with Pixar though.
Adult Written bydbk April 9, 2008

Adult Written bybrucevain April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written bynintendo_freak_13 April 9, 2008

Way way funny!

This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen! There's a little violence but nothing to be concerned about! All the critics are poking at the visuals but I think they're fun! This is a must-see! Plenty of jokes that will for sure make you laugh!
Teen, 16 years old Written byqueenrachie2 April 9, 2008

HAHAHA!!!!!

GO CHIPPY THE SQURRIL
Teen, 13 years old Written bystarman April 9, 2008

not that good

Teen, 15 years old Written byanimalloverkt April 9, 2008

Really funny!!!!

GO TWITCHY!!!!! (sorry.) Absolutely fabulous!! Little Red Riding Hood meets Agatha Christie. David Ogden Stiers has an unexpected cameo, and we have a Granny that is a Steel Cage Gladiator Champion. It's so strange and wonderful. Twitchy is hilarious, and there is a total slam on musicals with a cheesy musical number at the end. The plot is actually good, too.

I'm sorry but i dont like it that much

I'm really sory but, I really didn't like this movie very much. It's completely appropriate and it has nothing to do with content it just wasn't that good for me. I had to say, It is a lot better than Doogal was, that was a TERRIBLE movie ( again, had nothing to do with content, it just sucked)
Adult Written byerinhunterfan April 9, 2008

Thank you!!

It's about time I saw a good movie! There hasn't been one that made me laugh that hard since... well... since Shrek! 1! That was a long time ago! And thank heavens it wasn't crude humor like Ice Age2. I've had enough of THAT.
Adult Written byemmys-mom April 9, 2008

Charming!

Animation was lovely & all the characters were unique. I thought it was clever how the stories of 4 people all ended in grannie's house & enjoyed the musical numbers too. The bunny as thief angle was a bit lame, hard to buy into but aside from that, it was a fun flick to watch. My 15 year old loved the singing goat!
Teen, 14 years old Written byevildude32 April 9, 2008

I don't like coffee!!! HILARIOUS FILM

Red Riding Hood with a twist: It's from four different perspectives. Although the visuals are kinda bad the movie is very funny, and also very appropriate for everyone except the Teletubby and Dora fans. There's mild violence, like extreme sports and plenty of explosions, but it's a lot more Looney Tunes style violence than slasher film violence. But that's why it has a PG rating. If it was on TV it would be like TV-Y7 or something. Honestly, if you are dark hearted then you don't want this kind of film. But if you laughed at Shrek or its sequel then you'll be LOL. Anyone 5+.
Adult Written bythewalkerfamily April 9, 2008

We all enjoyed this film

There is something for everyone with this movie. It is just silly fun. And, it even explains to children how perspective is important with any tale. How you see a common event can be very different from another persons version. A fun, popcorn watching family film.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHannah181822ab April 9, 2008

Funny

This is one of my most favorite animated movies ever! It had me laughing all the way to the end. It was a unique way of telling an old story of "Little Red Riding Hood" with everbody telling their part in it.The squirrel and the goat were soooo funny. The squirrel was like on hyper-high. The goat loved country music and was alwways "prepared." It was a funny movie that everybody of all ages will love. If you haven't seen it yet, rent it and watch it now. What are you doing still reading this? I just told you to go out and rent it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJohanjwalker April 9, 2008

Very fun and funny, but story is sort of predictable.

This is very fun, and any kid will like this movie. It's very funny and it grows on you. However, the animation is awful, the story is a bit predictable. Parents, your kids will like this, and you may find it funny too. It's also clever, in a way. there is nothing at all to worry about in this movie. Watch it if you have the time. Very fun!
Adult Written byJjSmihal April 9, 2008

I thought this movie would NEVER end!

I didn't care for this movie at all. It was too repetitious for me. I really looked forward to seeing this, but couldn't wait for it to end. Basically, no one was content with the life (s)he was leading.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Bland. One funny part. The trailer makes it look funnier than it is.

I watched the trailer for this film and couldn't stop laughing. It lied. The actual film has only one funny scene (the singing billygoat). It is bland, predictable, and unsatisfying. Good news: there's nothing to be concerned about for ages over 5. Bad news: you'll hate it. If kids want something to watch quick, get it. If not, well, do without.
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

I lost 4 brain cells watching this movie and I loved it

It's a funny movie, and I think it's funnier then Shrek.