All member reviews for Hoodwinked

Red Riding Hood redo; bland with a bit of fun.

Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byfierceshopper March 25, 2011

My boys and I loved it from age 6 on up (to 11 and counting).

I think the way CS describes the cheating, violence etc is way off base. I just loved this movie, and my sons did too. They are now 8 & 11, but have seen it a few times over the last several years, so I'd say it's fine for age 5 and up. The writing is smart, funny and quick and we all enjoyed the way the Roshomon-like storytelling comes together at the end. Really clever and fun.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymyself April 9, 2008

UUGH

That was the worst movie ever! I thought i was going to die! I was so bored and just when it finally started coming together IT WAS OVER!!!!! I would disuade anybody who was thinking about wasting their money on this show at all.
Teen, 16 years old Written bypiebloxxerpie June 25, 2011

AWESOME

Funny movie, still watch it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne April 30, 2011

My mom hated it, I, on the other hand, liked it.

It was so much better than I was expecting. She bought it for me one day (she knows how immature I am), but I didn't pick it up until 2 years later when I was bored enough to check it out. At first, I found the animation to be a bit annoying, but you get used to it towards the middle of the movie. All I have to say is that it is very unique and weird. Wouldn't recommend watching it if you don't like crazy comedy. They're making a second one? ...Oh my gosh.
Adult Written byWonderfulTonight September 5, 2009

very clever

Very fun and funny movie!
Adult Written bycissykay April 9, 2008

Funny twist on a classic fairy tale!

This film explores different perspectives of the same story by showing showing what REALLY happens to each character. My 4 year old was a little scared on some of the more harrowing scenes on our first viewing. This has since become his favorite movie and laughs in all the right places. This film is a great way to look at the concept of perspective and point of view. This kind of reminds me of "The True Story of the Three Little Pigs" by Jon Scieszka and Lane Smith.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnn Nonymous January 11, 2015

Fond memories of this movie!

I remember seeing this in theaters with my grandma. It's a really cute twist on a classic fairytale . It has funny jokes and keeps your attention with a twist at the end. Fun for the whole family. Bearable for adults unlike some little kid shows and movies. See it, you won't regret it.
Kid, 7 years old October 14, 2014

Great Movie

This movie, I really liked. There are definitely very funny parts. And also, I think that there are some surprises in the movie. I think some parts may be a little scary for kids younger than 5. Anyways, I think it's a great movie and if you're a parent, I think your kids should definitely watch this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimonBerkowitz September 8, 2013

UNDERRATED!

Hoodwinked is by far, one of my favorite fairy tail spoofs ever. Not just movies, but I'm talkin' books, sketches, everything, up to the point where I think it belongs in the same rank as Shrek 2! Yes, I am aware that the animation is absolutely HORRENDOUS, but seriously, if you can overlook that, you'll find yourself enjoying the movie a lot for it's great writing, it's hilarious jokes, and loveable characters. My favorite character is the Wolf, no contest (usually if Patrick Warburton is in a movie, he's my favorite character). He's just plain hilarious. It's also pretty good for kids, nothing too violent, accept for use of explosives, but that's also used in Bugs Bunny cartoons, and nobody actually gets harmed from it. In fact, it's all made for comedy when they use it. However, I wouldn't recommend it to very young kids, cause they wouldn't understand a lot of the clever jokes. Probably wait for them to be about 6 years old. If only they could make a sequel, to continue such an amazing film. What do you say? They made one? Nope, that never happened. What are you talking about? IT NEVER HAPPENED.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 16, 2012

Perfect,but the sequel sucked.

How did this get 2 stars! CSM has a bad taste,it's not even good! This was a funny,action packed,greatly animated movie.The graphics could use a little work though.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 9, 2012

Good, but could be better.

The ending was terrible, but the rest of the movie was decent.
Adult Written byJEDI micah May 18, 2012

WHO IS THE BANDIT?!

This movie, despite poor computer graphics, is actually pretty funny and very clever! You get to know the "real" stories behind Red Riding Hood, the Wolf, Granny, and the axman. I think the Wolf and his little squirrel sidekick make the whole movie funny! This is a great movie for kids and even adults too! There is a sequel to this movie, which is very terrible! But if you want to see it for yourself, be my guest!
Parent Written byelliebc April 13, 2012

Love it.

This is a great moving with a great twist. It teaches us not to jump to conclusions, but to listen to the whole story. When you watch it the second time, you see things from a different perspective. This is a great kids movie. My boys have seen it loads of times over the past 3 years and enjoyed it every time. They are 8 & 11 now.
Adult Written by413804 February 4, 2012

Funny

Pretty funny film. Kids will love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 January 10, 2012

Awesome!

Great family movie! Just some mild violence. No blood. Super funny!
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2011

I loved this movie

The common sense review was not at all true. This movie and great and deserves a 5-star, not a 2-star. A lot of times Common Sense Media gives bad reviews and make movies sound bad like on Kirby Right Back At Ya. The reviews give out more helpful information. :)
Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2011

hoodwinked rocks in a good--and bad way

One of my favorite fairy-tale-remaking movies I've ever seen since the Shrek series. It may be an action-packed comedy, but it's a heartfelt one at its core. Kids may not be likely to appeal to the sight of being trapped in a brake-less and dynamite-filled cable car, or an explosion or old-schooled martial arts movie fighting, including the Matrix bicycle kick. It's also a very funny one with lots of addicting songs, such as "Great Big Wood" (my personal favorite), "Red Is Blue" (the sad song), and "Be Prepared". A movie I suggest that you see although it does crack up with blandness at times, and one I feel sorry that it got a terrible sequel.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAuboisAcadiaStudios September 5, 2011

twist on a fairy tale

i loved this movie since it came out. it's a little violent, but it's a twist on a fairy tale and kids will love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byJaydaBanana September 4, 2011

Good, but there were some annoying parts

I liked it and the story was fine, but no one seems to think Red overreacted a little when she found out her granny's real identity? Like, really. You are a little girl! You are not going to get out of the woods on your own! Stop being so sensitive and wait until you can handle yourself.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCodemaster August 29, 2011

An awesome movie!

A great movie, even for a person my age! Combines Mystery with Action in this movie that is a bit childish, but still just as fun! Has a few good morals (good triumphs over evil, never trust a bunny, Dynamite isn't pronounced DEE-Nah-Mee-teh, etc.) Overall, a great movie!