All member reviews for Hoot

Sweet, clumsy family film about saving owls.

Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN February 16, 2011

A cute movie that shows kids that they should stand up for what they belive in and what's right.

Roy has moved around his whole life; so when his family moves to Coconut Cove he hopes he isn't staying too long. Bullied on the school bus by Dana Matherson, Roy sees a kid running super fast. The weird thing? The kid wasn't wearing any shoes. One day Roy follows the kid, and embarks on a journey with the boy (who we learn to call Mullet Fingers), and Beatrice, the boy's sister, to save a small population of owls on a soon-to-be Mother Paula's Pancake House property. Together they run into some obstacles, which they overcome with some pretty intuitive schemes. The movie is nicely tied together by the beautiful Florida wildlife and the movie soundtrack, which includes songs by Jimmy Buffet. (He also has a small role in the movie!)
Teen, 13 years old Written byLissaNicky April 30, 2010

Okay

We watched this movie right after reading the novel in school and I thought it was Ok. Not bad not great.
Kid, 12 years old April 9, 2010

A see-once-and-forget movie

Pretty good movie. I don't remember anything that terrible in it. The acting was cute and all, but not a movie I would watch again.
Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2010
Teen, 15 years old Written bySook June 1, 2010

??

??????? no opinion
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Sweet family film is fine for kids 9+

Sexual Content (Not an Issue): A commercial starts out with "Are you a big boy with a big appetite?" said sultrily. Mullet Fingers is seen shirtless and Dana is shown in his underwear only. Beatrice runs away to Roy's house, where he lets her spend the night (but they don't do anything sexual). Violence (Pause): Roy is hit in the head with a golf ball two times. Dana bullies Roy by shoving his face into a bus window and gagging him (with Roy punching him for doing so, and we later see a large welt on Dana). Mullet Fingers is attacked by a dog, and we briefly see his bloody wound. Mullet Fingers has a construction worker tied up and gagged after he tries to kill the owls. Language (Not an Issue): None other than a few uses of "Oh my God". However, we do see Mullet Finger's mouth say "damn", but the audio says "dang" instead. Social Behavior (Pause): Characters lie, steal, pick on and bully others, and engage in illegal activities. Commercialism (Not an Issue): None. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Not an Issue): Some adults have drinks that may or may not be alcoholic.
Teen, 17 years old Written byyayymexoxo55 January 4, 2010

Good.

It's good. Yayy.
Kid, 10 years old August 14, 2010

very good movie with owls and a good plot
Teen, 16 years old Written by37cas April 28, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Adult Written byMrs. Jackson April 9, 2008

Kid, 6 years old March 1, 2009

beatrice the bear

it was cool! it's about the new kid in town when he finds out that millions of owl's habitats are getting destroyed. He teams up with 2 friends to save the owl's habitat. It's not really scary but I think that it should be for kids and adults.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydoubleDee. September 4, 2009

the movie is great! i love it.
Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2010

Hoot was okay. I didn't like on account that it was terribly feel good. Logan Lerman and Cody Linley are both very good actors in this movie, but the rest of the actors aren't great. Hoot got to the point where it was extremely unrealistic. This movie would be okay for kids 8 and up/
Teen, 13 years old Written bychase2 May 29, 2009

President Obama

Sick awesome movie! the best movie in the world
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2011

best family film out there!

i love it and so does my family! we all hope for a seqal to the best family film on dvd!
Kid, 11 years old July 12, 2009

Loved it

I love the movie. my sisters fell in love with it.

Parent of a 1, 4, 7, 11, 16, and 24 year old Written bypopcornpop1997 April 22, 2009

This was quite an odd film, I do say. A whole entire movie about saving owls?! Give me a break. Even I, a 78 year old woman cannot handle that. Also, it is quite innapropriate an bloddy, and the sexual content is horrid! Ugh, my 12 year old wanted to see this, but I made him watch "March of the Penguins" instead. I believe that was more enjoyable. Please stay away from this movie. You will cry.