All parent member reviews for Hop

Parent Written bymcee April 2, 2011

Didn't hate it, didn't love it.

It was a good movie, but not hilarious. Nothing objectionable in it, but under 5 would be restless.
Adult Written bybluucantu June 9, 2011

PLAYBOY, really?!?!

I don't care about consumerism so much, so I wish CSM would have put PLAYBOY in the sexy stuff category. I can't believe that they would put Playboy references (2) in a child's movie, it's sick and really ticked me off. I never would have gone, had I known.
Adult Written bywallyk2334 April 8, 2011

Wait and rent it for the kids

An ok movie, but should wait for it to come out on DVD. Both my kids really liked it but I think most adults would prefer to sleep through it.
Parent Written bygardner1218 August 5, 2011

fine except the palyboy scene

i thought most of the movie was fine, but I sat there holding my breath when the playboy mansion scene came on. I was really furious about that because it does NOT belong in a child's movie at all! I seriously don't understand why they did that. I figured it would go over the heads of my 3 and 5 yr old, but I cringed hoping my almost 8 yr old would not pick up on the word "sexy" that was used multiple times in that scene.
Adult Written bycoloradobutterfly April 21, 2011

Words fail just how bad it was

The animation was great, the problem was with the rest of it. If you want to see a kids movie during Easter, Rio was better.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byleeshalou April 10, 2011

Kids will love it, parents will tolerate...

My four year old son really liked the movie. It was cute and harmless, not the greatest movie but still nice for young kids.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bytreethinker April 3, 2011

The movie is very pleasant. To complain about the visibility of the brand name of the hero's car, and not notice that the premise of the movie is that every child should magically receive enough empty calories to cause a 5-pound weight gain? Are marshmallow chicks, (Hershey's) kisses, and chocolate bunnies not effectively trademarks? Also not really happy about the choice of (and unnecessary use of) accent for the quasi-villain.
Parent of a 5, 8, and 11 year old Written byScrapper5 April 2, 2011

Don't know if younger kids would stay interested

It was cute, didn't really know what to expect (commericials were pretty vague)- kids loved it (ages 11, 8, 5)- cute, funny, good music. Although, there were more jokes aimed for the adult audience than the kids (and some potty humor the kids loved). Younger two were happy not really scary scenes. Good father-son endings in plot and sub-plot. Good sister role model. I think my 5 year old got the gist of it.
Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written byginny1 April 2, 2011

great for everyone!

my kids are 2 and 6, and they both enjoyed it! they both sat thru the whole movie and were laughing at several of the scenes. Perfect for both kids and adults in my opinion.
Adult Written byCorrine1028 March 27, 2011

Looks good might see it!

The little bunny looks cute!:) The only violence is the chick hitting the other chick with the stick, fred falling down, and evil mastermind going to destroy the earth.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byjaxdirsch April 22, 2011

Parent of a 5 year old Written byReaganX April 15, 2011

The worst kids movie ever made

I see all kids movies, and grade them on a liberal curve, but this movie was more than awful. Even my 6 year old daughter fell asleep. Predictable, boring, its an embarrasment. I want my money back. My first ever F rating.
Parent of a 3, 7, and 15 year old Written byrunawaybunny April 10, 2011

Good for any age

We chose this movie to take my 3 year old daughter to the theater for the first time. She loved it and the whole family enjoyed it as well. Very cute movie.
Parent Written byMommy2six April 6, 2012

Hop was a FLOP

Seriously, you let your child see this movie? I am so glad I screen movies before allowing my children to see them. Hop was disgusting. Not only was it completely lame, awkward and insulting on a pre-school level, it also had sexual humor that was not even subtle. The bunny going to the playboy mansion and insisting he was “a sexy bunny” was probably the worst, but when he hugged the guys sister and rolled his eyes erotically sniffing her hair, well, that was nasty too. Not to mention he poops jelly beans....and the girl eats them. Perhaps it would be suitable for a child who is too young to actually watch it but overall it is no good for ANYONE. Hop was a FLOP.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byjakimcd April 10, 2011

Cute movie but not real engaging.

Some parts were very cute.
Parent Written byCecilia927 April 9, 2011

I thought this movie was really terrible. My 7 and 8 year old loved it, while it was far too loud and an assault on the senses for my 4 year old. I didn't like that the evil character had a hispanic accent, they never addressed an adult upstaging an important moment for a child and that the ending was really very frightening. And really, jokes about serial killers, vicious dogs and the playboy mansion do not belong in a movie being marketed to children. However, the worst thing about this movie is that is just wasn't very clever or good.
Parent of a 3, 6, and 9 year old Written bymac71130 April 8, 2011

It was a cute movie where we get to see a story about the Easter Bunny (something that hasn't been done in awhile). It was fun for my children to get to "see where the Easter Bunny lives and how he makes the candy" Also, how he travels :)
Parent of a 4, 6, 7, and 12 year old Written byjk2137 April 8, 2011

Boring for Under 10, So So for 10+

I like others, object to the Playboy Mansion and Playboy symbol being used in this movie. It is completely unnecessary and unrelated to the story.My almost 8 yr. old granddaughter was bored during the movie. I think the creators made the same mistake that was made with "Beezus and Ramona" . In "Hop" they created a story around a problem that children don't understand - living up to the parent's expectations. In "Beezus and Ramona" the problem was the father's unemployment. Most children under the age of 10 don't understand these things.
Parent Written bypriestofthehome May 25, 2012

Strange scenes

This movie had many uncomfortable moments a lot of which have been posted by other reviewers. One I found subtle and disturbing was what seemed to be a marriage of sorts between the male human character and the male bunny. In the ceremony they are both asked to touch the egg of destiny scepter (phallic symbol) with their fingers while the presiding bunny says something like "by the power vested in me I pronounce Fred and EB co Easter bunnies, ... now go forth and deliver".
Parent Written byveronicathecurious April 6, 2012

Only if you have no morals.

Some adults seem to think that children won't get the adult humor, but I for one do not want my 4 year old asking me what a PlayBoy Bunny is! I did not let my children see it and I won't. Letting your child watch this will open up a host of problems, from using the word "sexy" to running away when they are mad about something. There is no target audience, the jokes are just mean and rude and not even funny. I guarantee the parents who gave this movie good reviews did not actually sit down and watch the movie. Either that or they have morals like that of a chocolate Easter bunny...hollow on the inside.