All parent member reviews for Hop

Parent of a 4 and 5 year old Written byTara Levine April 4, 2011

Great for pre-k and kindergarten age children.

Hop was a cute movie. The movie kept their attention throughout the story. They did a good job of balancing a little action with a meaningful story.
Adult Written byMeatyMoMMy April 4, 2011

Save your money Stay away

Hated it and my 10 year liked it but was mostly bored . I feel like I wasted 90 minutes of my life, its bad, boring and cliched, and Hasselhol sucked, alot of product placement, didnt like the playboy mansion scene, and Russel Brands humor not for little kids
Parent of a 2, 4, and 5 year old Written byBridget24 April 3, 2011

cute but not great

I took my five, three, and two year old to see it and it was pretty cute. the kids got bored with it towards the end though and they have a scene where they go to the playboy mansion that bothered me alittle bit even though i know the kids didn't understand at all what was going on. overall it was a cute movie but i'm not sure it was worth the money i spent to see it.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bytreethinker April 3, 2011
The movie is very pleasant. To complain about the visibility of the brand name of the hero's car, and not notice that the premise of the movie is that every child should magically receive enough empty calories to cause a 5-pound weight gain? Are marshmallow chicks, (Hershey's) kisses, and chocolate bunnies not effectively trademarks? Also not really happy about the choice of (and unnecessary use of) accent for the quasi-villain.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byColumbina April 2, 2011

Just plain bad storytelling.

Just plain bad storytelling. Disappointing and a complete insult to good animated stories. Kids won't be fooled. Bad story is bad story.
Parent Written bymcee April 2, 2011

Didn't hate it, didn't love it.

It was a good movie, but not hilarious. Nothing objectionable in it, but under 5 would be restless.
Parent of a 5, 8, and 11 year old Written byScrapper5 April 2, 2011

Don't know if younger kids would stay interested

It was cute, didn't really know what to expect (commericials were pretty vague)- kids loved it (ages 11, 8, 5)- cute, funny, good music. Although, there were more jokes aimed for the adult audience than the kids (and some potty humor the kids loved). Younger two were happy not really scary scenes. Good father-son endings in plot and sub-plot. Good sister role model. I think my 5 year old got the gist of it.
Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written byginny1 April 2, 2011

great for everyone!

my kids are 2 and 6, and they both enjoyed it! they both sat thru the whole movie and were laughing at several of the scenes. Perfect for both kids and adults in my opinion.
Adult Written byCorrine1028 March 27, 2011

Looks good might see it!

The little bunny looks cute!:) The only violence is the chick hitting the other chick with the stick, fred falling down, and evil mastermind going to destroy the earth.
Adult Written bytbiermann March 21, 2011

Child loved it, adult not so much

My 7 year old loved it - as an adult I thought it was at times slow and predictable. Ending was a little weak.