All member reviews for Hot Fuzz

Teen, 13 years old Written byEdco2010 January 1, 2011

Heres comes the Fuzz

20+ F-words and some graphic death scenes. A few scenes take place at a bar.
Teen, 13 years old Written byqprluver November 12, 2010

I loved it and rate it highly the film is very funny there are gory bits but quiet rare worst I actully think the worst bit is where you see the remains of the blown up body as it is quiet disgusting but some will say the church roof falling on tim messengers head. Hope this message is for the greater good!
Teen, 14 years old Written byT-Rod December 31, 2010

"Still feel like you're missing out?"

There are so many cool and hilarious quotes in this movie I don't know which one to start my review with. "Bring the noise!"? "By the power of Grey Skull!"? Angel: "What's the situation?" Andy Wainwright: "Two blokes and a f*ckload of cutlery!"? "I may not be a man of God, Reverend, but I know right and I know wrong and I have the good grace to know which is which."? "Stop, or the ginger-nut gets it!"? "Sh*t just got real!" *from Bad Boys II*? [Andy takes a swig of beer, leaving a "moustache" of froth on his moustache] Nicholas Angel: "You've got a moustache." DS Andy Wainwright: "...I know."? "My, my...Here come the Fuzz."? ...*sigh*...well, in the the movie's words: "I feel as if I should say something smart..." "You don't have to." ...man how I ramble about pointless crap.....ANYYYWAAYYYYS!!! Hot Fuzz was not what I expected...okay yeah it was. It takes something we've seen a million times before, with a scenario that we've seen a million times before, with surprises that are MEANT to be obvious and after it tells us we're right, after it shows us we had known it all along...we get slapped on the face with the most OUTRAGEOUS reason for the murders EVER! And no that's not a spoiler, bc it shows us the killings and everything. So anyways, the evilness starts out small-then big-then ridiculous at the point where you can't help but break out laughing at the reason these people are getting killed. It, like Shaun of the Dead, is very over-the-top in it's gore, but it feels different. In a Zombie movie it wasn't really THAT over the top, because...well, it's a movie about dead cannibals, practically! It was ALREADY over the top. But here, the killings, though surprisingly few in numbers, can sometimes make you let out a kind of nervous laughter...BUT ANYYWAAAYYYYS!!!!! Man! I need to stop this or I'm never gonna get this done! vIOLENT vEIL: Two people get sliced multiple times with an axe. This is graphic and bloody, Their decapitated heads are later shown, pretty graphically. Their bodies are shown away from the heads. A man is hit on the head with a baton. His bloody corpse is dragged around, again, edited in a way to obscure the events. His burned corpse is later shown laying on the concrete. One man has a church spire tipped on top of him. Upon the forceful impact, his head basically explodes, causing massive amounts of blood and pieces of his head to splatter everywhere. And blood sprays out of the body as he falls to the ground. A woman gets stabbed with a pair of garden shears in the neck and blood spurts and sprays everywhere. A man gets stabbed through his hand and blood sprays.Another trips and falls on a miniature church; the spire impales his lower jaw (blood spurts out). A bear trap falls and closes on a man's head. We don't see it clearly, but we see a little bloody spurt and hear it rather graphically. A plant hanging in a metal case falls on a woman's head. Her head is crushed against a car and a little blood spurts out. Several people are shot and there are long gun fight and fist fight sequences, when people are shot it is bloody and is almost always sprays. Once again I must say, all of the above blood and gore is deliberately over the top and is intended to be funny, but can be too much for the faint of heart...I find it funny, though. nYEH nONSENSE (oR sEXUAL sTUFF): Many passionate kisses are shown between a couple that is having an affair. No sex is shown, on screen or off. But it is mentioned somebody fingered somebody else. Other innuendos such as, "Doris doesn't mind a little man power, do you Doris?" and other non explicit stuff like that. dRUG dANGERS: There are multiple scenes in a pub which feature a lot of social drinking. The majority of the drinkers at the pub are underage; however, a police officer throws them out. Danny tries to drive his car when drunk (after being told specifically not to by a police officer) and nearly crashes into him. Mention of a man selling drugs to children. A man gets so drunk that he pees in the pub and has to be carried home by the police. After going to the pub, a man persuades a police officer to come back to his house for a few more drinks. Several characters smoke. aLL-iN-aLL: Not as good as Shaun of the Dead in morals(or in comedy-MY OPINION!!!! OPINION being the key word.). But just as much of a blast(comedy or not-OPINION!). Hot Fuzz is a really fun time. I just have one last question...HOW DID THE HOOD NOT FALL OFF WHILE THEY WERE RUNNING?! Anyways, this is T-Rod. Don't forget to check out my other reviews and feel free to compliment*he said with a hopeful glint in his eyes*, LATER!
Teen, 17 years old Written byHappilyEverAfter January 12, 2011

Brilliant!

Loved it! If you like British humor (or if you have a sense of humor at all), you'll be sure to fall off the couch laughing during this movie! I really like movies that have elements of humor, seriousness, and horror, and this was definitely that kind of film. The plot was interesting, the characters were great, and the ending left your mouth hanging open. The only thing parents might want to worry about is that there are several, albeit short, moments of gore when certain townspeople are brutally murdered by a "grim-reaper-esque" figure. Also, there is quite a lot of language used (mostly in humor) that parents might have to censor for. All in all, great movie--Now one of my favorites!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylolfaceman April 30, 2009

best movie ever even tough it is pretty violent
Teen, 17 years old Written byjake W. June 18, 2010

perfect for teens

very very gory and violent
Teen, 13 years old Written bymad about tv April 8, 2015

hillarious

I watched it when I was about 11 and laughed my head off it was well done with some genuine gags. But the violence, however comic is quite graphic. There is some very strong language but it's infrequent
Teen, 13 years old Written byimacreepy_pasta August 21, 2014

Love It!

I watched this movie when I was seven and got a little bit scared as we watched when it was dark! I think parents should remember that just because your child has watched a movie with swearing it doesn't mean they will swear because if you have strict rules about swearing in your home they won't swear. I love this movie and i show it to all my parents. I think Shaun is a good role model because he does everything he can to get liz back because he's in LOVE with her. It helps give kids another realistic relationship and show of love conquers all. A funny movie with light humor!
Kid, 10 years old April 26, 2014

Great!!!!!!

Sags a bit compared to the other cornet movies, but not at all compared to all others! It's also pretty gory (not as much as Shaun of the dead), and has as much language as the last one, and as much as The worlds end. Still great, but not much compared to Shaun of the dead.
Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2014

BEST MOVIE OF THE CENTURY!

This is one of my favourite movies of all time! It lets your child know that later in life everything can't just go your way! The movie has many scenes of blood, gore, mutiny and also adult themes! I don't reccomend this for any person who can easily get nervous or scared!
Teen, 15 years old Written byStevie111 January 2, 2014

Hysterical action comedy

Graphic comic violence and language throughout, as well as laughs
Teen, 14 years old Written byRacing Flame December 17, 2013

Good Film. 14+

This is my favourite of the Cornetto Trilogy. Good Film & Alright for 14+
Kid, 9 years old December 8, 2013

BAD BAD BAD MOVIE!

This movie was so bad I could not watch it till the end! BAD BAD BAD MOVIE!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGaz10 September 17, 2013

My third favorite movie ever.

This movie is fine for anyone aged 13 and over because it has some violent scenes and swearing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byswagshyguy15 September 8, 2013

Hot Fuzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a funny as comedy film. It's very violent and it has pervasive uses of expletives such as the 'f' word, sometimes in a comedic manner. The violence is quite gruesome and in the first murder I shut my eyes because I was so scared. But the plot is good, the action is high, and the humour is British and top-notch. The characters are likeable. All this in a film only cost $12 Million US Dollars! That's money that's definitely well-spent. Not for the faint-hearted, this film is an effective and compelling film from start to finish and one of the best I've ever seen.
Kid, 12 years old August 8, 2013

Very Violent Yet Fun

I am 12 years and I consider myself quite mature for my age. I have seen everything from graphic games to the violent R rated movies. For the first time in years. I cringed at a comedy. There are three deeply disturbing moments. 1: Without spoiling anything, two bloody heads are scattered on the street. 2: This was very disturbing and I turned away. A very big pointy concrete shape falls off a building and lands on a persons head. I do not want to get into detail. 3: There is a small replica of a church and a man slips and his neck goes right the the triangle roof. People then come and a scene happens there. The entire time the man is there, blood pouring out of his neck. Cursing: Surprisingly little for an R movie. The F bomb is not used infrequently. There is a proper amount of drinking though. Characters get drunk a few times and there is underage drinking. This movie is flawed but you forget that once you see how funny it is. Overall, Hot Fuzz is edgy yet one of the funniest movies I have ever seen
Teen, 16 years old Written byFoomtish July 12, 2013

Hot fuzz kony review

its iz funny and kony as a mother with sprinkles but iz suitable as long as you child is mature.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydondor614 July 3, 2013

British Humor at Its Finest

Easily one of the funniest films I've ever seen. Nick Frost and Simon Pegg team up once again and I would say that this is their best film. So many jokes are thrown at you that it's tough to take them all in. There's visual gags, sarcasm, snooty and clever one-liners, parody, in-jokes, and much more. By the time the movie was over I was still laughing. I've seen it multiple time and each time it's funnier than the last. The characters and script truly make this comedy gold.
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2013

HOT FUZZ (2007)

Hot Fuzz is a violent comedy about two men up against a small town of murderers. It includes drinking and foul language such as f__k and s__t and many more
Kid, 10 years old June 3, 2013

HILLARIOUS

an hilarious movie, I loved the way they had Shaun of the dead jokes in it like when Nick Frost is looking at the SuperCop dvd and he puts it back and you can see Shaun of the dead in the section where he puts it back, a really funny movie which is fine for 12 and up