All member reviews for Hot Fuzz

Bad Boys meets Shaun of the Dead.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymongofa June 11, 2010

Teens can handle it but not kids

The first half was good, but the second half got more violent. There was like 20 minutes of non-stop violance. Other than that it was a good movie. I got some big laughs.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytommy18 January 23, 2010

This is meant to be funny?

The violence in it completely takes out the amusement to the stage where i just walked out of the room. The only funny scene was a fat man crashing through a fence. Until they started impaling each other. Stupid rubbish. Going from comedy to gore.
Kid, 10 years old September 5, 2009

Brave kids only!

Good movie but defo not for anyone under 9 or sensitive children. Launguge is terrible and violence is pretty grusome. But fabulous movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written byninjaduck August 22, 2009

Hot Fuzz

If you are a parent, your main concern about this movie should be the language. The language in this movie is frequently explicit. Every R-rated word is in this film. The violence is gruesome, but comical. Example: a piece of a church roof is dislodged by a criminal and stabs into a man's head, squishing it and sending blood and who know's what through the air. Other violent parts are brutal stabbings, decapitation, etc.Those are the only reasons this is rated R. Very good and funny movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byk-man_922 July 28, 2009

A Nice Break From Hollywood Spoofs.

An incredibly smart and funny parody/worship of the cop genre. A bit more "Hollywood" than "Shaun Of The Dead", but still as good.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc April 26, 2009
Teen, 15 years old Written byleo.chad April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written bysuperlukie17 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bywookiepie93 April 9, 2008

This was a great movie. There was a lot of action which is why it is red for violence. However, i think 12 or older should be able to handle it. The reason i did not give this 5 stars is because it is a little slow to get started. However, it is awesome!!!!!! GO SEE IT!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

They did it again...

A great "sequel" to Shaun of the Dead... Anyway, there's really not so much bad violence as blood/gruesome bodies. There's a few bloody scenes, specifically when a giant rock falls on a guys head, and towards the end you get to see some bodies being munched on by rats(?), and it's a little disturbing. I put a positive on Social Behavior because there's a lot of teamwork towards the end, and Angel and Danny do some throughout the film.
Teen, 15 years old Written byethandavid26 April 9, 2008

we had fun fun fun

fun action comedy thriller with great action and every time there is a joke you laugh
Teen, 14 years old Written bygrindhouse April 9, 2008

So funny

This movie is amazing. I loved it. not as good as Shaun of the dead but then again they are two different genres. I really liked it. not appropriate for everyone but a good time none the less.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAmR April 9, 2008

This is the best comedy I've seen in a long time. I would say that it was pretty much the perfect movie. You got a good amount of action in it, and some of the best humor you could get. The language is THAT bad, but it is still a little strong for younger kids. Fantastic movie, I would definitely see it again.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorbert April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byJohanjwalker April 9, 2008

Awesome and funny but sometimes overdone...

Hot Fuzz is definetly funny and overall entertaining. I still want to buy it. It's fun, funny, gory, and amusing. Genuine entertainment. However, parents should know of a couple things in this movie that are a bit unsettling. One, the gore is explicitly overdone. The murders are overdone and terribly gory. One of them happens when a piece of a church rooftop fall on top of a man's head, crushing and exploding it so that blood and gore fly all over the place. Sometimes I wonder if the brits did that on purpose for laughs but it's still horrible to watch. There is also a nice truckload of language including a bunch from England that I've never heard before. There are two or three little sexual references that are explicit but only when you hear everything of them. "t***" and "c***s" are uttered in the references. There is also quite a bit of drinking, but I still love the film. It's funny, entertaining and all that and it grows on you. Please watch it if you feel you are mature enough in the gore and language factor.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBad2bonez April 9, 2008

This movie is down right funny and its a good father-son movie but i think its best to viewed by those ages 14+ cause its voilance and langauge maybe a little raw for kids under 14 but overall this is a good movie and kids who watch will probally like trust me i do

AWESOME classic action/comedy(for mature kids)

INCREDIBLE movie!!!! It's a complete classic overall, but it's rated R for a reason. Take my word for it, it's particularly tame for R but some of the violence is pretty frightening, but for kids who get hit the right way when it comes to some graphic images, it's completely hilarious. Here's a list of some particularly shocking comically used images: -Creppy English actor/actress couple get murdered in a rather oddly disturbing scene considering the two are in a dark room talking funny and about to have sex. Honestly, a bit freaky....even when it's weirdly fake. Ha ha, the two decapitated heads appear in a blocked off spot in the road the next day(fake and hilarious). -Woman gets randomly stabbed in the neck repeatedly with her shears. -Rather shocking(yet wicked funny if it hits you right)scene where a piece of roof falls off a church and brutally slaughters through a man resulting in a stupor-esque couple of steps forward only to fall dead. A priest comes in and says "Everyone, stand back! There's been a terrible accident!"(funnier than it sounds). -A man gets drunk and stumbles home when a murderer violently explodes his house, leaving the man dead. -The wild gun chase at the end is one of the most exciting, awesome things I've ever seen, yet may be somewhat unsettling to younger viewers(due to people falling back after getting shot repeatedly). There's some more questionable violence and also some F-bombs are dropped as well as a couple of lesser-used swears(as in, kids won't really know 'em). This is a spectacular action-comedy about a man who is an amazing seargent from London gets discharged to a small town with a slacker policeforce including a potty-mouth duo, mildly lazy lady(but knows her stuff), some other crew members, and Daniel Butterman, the fat hero-wannabe hilarious policeman teamed with the excellent, greatly-trained Nicholas Angel. Chaos ensues when murders take place and a giant conspiracy ends up involved....won't spoil it for ya!!!! This was one long review! So, yeah, it's not the top choice for a family film definitely, but parents don't freak out - it's nothing kids will be terrified by unless they're 11-12 or under. Happy watching!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDman April 9, 2008

I loved Shaun of the dead, and was totally psyched when I learned of this movie coming out...Incredibly hilarious and driving well directed action make this movie great,but not a good choice for immature teenagers...
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

The no dought funniest action comedy of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's really funny, the gore is kinda fake looking, although, if you're not used to it, the language is too MUCH!!!! Really funny, the goriest part is probably when this girl gets gardening sheers stabbed through her chest. Great movie for kids my age that don't get disturbed by blood or gore. Overall, really funny/cool.