Young pet lovers will get a kick out of dog comedy.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymattthemovieman June 27, 2009

funny kids movie

good for the little ones
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2009
It's cute. It's not my ideal movie considering I'm 11 yrs old but it's entertaining and leaves you smiling. Parents should know that there really isn't anything inappropriate except for some crude humor, like dogs pooping and stepping in poo and pee.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv June 14, 2009

Better than the book, but there are better dog films.

This dog film is okay and funny at times, but it just kinda falls flat.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfredahu17 June 12, 2009
Parent of a 9 year old Written byjorgmm June 9, 2009
Kid, 10 years old May 14, 2009
Educator Written bytennisguy1847 May 1, 2009

great!

i loved it except that there were two parts that were sad. one was when they got seperated by foster care. and when the dog appears to be put asleep. that killed me
Kid, 12 years old May 1, 2009
Kid, 11 years old April 30, 2009

good movie!

It's a very good movie but sad a cried in the middle of it but on the other hand very very funny
Kid, 10 years old April 29, 2009
Very sad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiheartchocolate198 April 27, 2009
THAT WAS A GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byalvarezem April 17, 2009

My Girls Liked this movie better than HS Musical

Cute movie. My daughters, 8 and 6, liked it much more than High School Musical. Good lessons about helping others but the fact the kids run away, take shelter in an unsafe, abandoned and condemned hotel, and do illegal things caused me to have to "talk" to my kids afterwards about the difference between doing the right and wrong things and WHY. Overall, even with the questionable content, I still recommend the movie with adult supervision.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykrazypanda411 April 17, 2009

I love this movie

I love this movie and they have great actors such as Jake T. Austin. Good for everyone
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2009

AWESOME!

Very funny, goofy,(and sometimes a tiny bit gross). A must see for the whole family.
Adult Written byscandalous09 April 2, 2009

great movie

good movie, nice message and dogs are adorable, saw with 13 yo, 5 yo and parents and we all enjoyed it =] the kids lie and steal but they learn their lesson and whatnot.
Adult Written byMattyface March 27, 2009
I work at my local theater, so I went to see this movie just because I could for free, and it was the last choice besides The Last House on the Left... and honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It doesn't really push the limits of the PG rating besides a boy kicking a man in the crotch, some cleavage-exposing tops, and discussion of poop and pee (but what do you think is going to happen when you leave dogs alone?). Still, I recommend you make this movie a DVD rental, unless you are devoted to one of the actors/actresses, you really love dog movies, or are an animal rights activist.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byrachel4missions March 13, 2009

okay.

took a troubled eight-year-old... she adored it, I thought it was okay. She seemed really tense for a lot of the movie and started crying at one point, but when it was over she declared it was the best movie ever. The Westie (main dog) Friday was definitely both of our favorite part of the movie.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bydrtoof February 20, 2009

Didn't have to go there...

My kids want a dog really bad, and think all pets are cute. Watching the dogs run around, play & interact with the kids was thrilling enough for them. So, did we really have to go "there"?! What's up with kids stealing & being taken to jail? Why show unfit parents mistreatment of the foster kids? The social implications of those scenarios go beyond what I care to explain to my 4- & 5-year old. Then there's the fact that, although we would not really have wanted our kids to watch two of the kids in the movie develop a romance, "couple up" & kiss, even our kids turned away & groaned in disgust when the movie showed two of the dogs licking each other in the mouth. This was an especially grotesque addition to the movie that was unneccessary to improve it's entertainment value.
Parent of a 7 and 13 year old Written bymas2025 February 16, 2009

Do NOT take your kids to this or waste your time with it, either

I took my 8 year old and 13 year old to this today. It was marketed as a comedy and let me tell you, it was no comedy. Adults (except predictably sappy social worker) are not to be trusted, are cruel, and kids must lie, cheat, and steal to interact with them. My 13 year old announced that she really liked it, but she was terribly tense and upset during most of the movie. The scenes where the siblings are separated are terrifying for anybody who knows anything about adoption or foster realities. I am sooo angry for having gone by the trailers for the movie and not researched it first here. Very disturbing movie, and NOT for kids, unless we assume they just don't get the disturbing parts...
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written bybleaudoggie February 16, 2009

Mildly Amusing

I took my 4 year old (who was dying to see it) and my 7 year old (who didn't want to see it). The 4 year old was completely bored and kept asking why it was so long. The 7 year enjoyed it but didn't love it. I thouht it was mildly amusing.