All member reviews for Hotel for Dogs

Young pet lovers will get a kick out of dog comedy.

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 20, 2012

Really good!

Great family movie with little inappropriate content. I'd give it three and a half stars out of five.
Kid, 11 years old May 20, 2012

Very good

A very good movie, see it!
Parent of a 17 year old Written byKakarot August 26, 2009

Good for Everyone

The movie is good because it really gives a good message of how sibblings take care of each other. Though quite slow but maintains its flow throught.
Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2009

BAD

dont see it
Teen, 14 years old Written bymattthemovieman June 27, 2009

funny kids movie

good for the little ones
Teen, 13 years old Written byfredahu17 June 12, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written byiheartchocolate198 April 27, 2009

THAT WAS A GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bydrtoof February 20, 2009

Didn't have to go there...

My kids want a dog really bad, and think all pets are cute. Watching the dogs run around, play & interact with the kids was thrilling enough for them. So, did we really have to go "there"?! What's up with kids stealing & being taken to jail? Why show unfit parents mistreatment of the foster kids? The social implications of those scenarios go beyond what I care to explain to my 4- & 5-year old. Then there's the fact that, although we would not really have wanted our kids to watch two of the kids in the movie develop a romance, "couple up" & kiss, even our kids turned away & groaned in disgust when the movie showed two of the dogs licking each other in the mouth. This was an especially grotesque addition to the movie that was unneccessary to improve it's entertainment value.
Parent of a 7 and 13 year old Written bymas2025 February 16, 2009

Do NOT take your kids to this or waste your time with it, either

I took my 8 year old and 13 year old to this today. It was marketed as a comedy and let me tell you, it was no comedy. Adults (except predictably sappy social worker) are not to be trusted, are cruel, and kids must lie, cheat, and steal to interact with them. My 13 year old announced that she really liked it, but she was terribly tense and upset during most of the movie. The scenes where the siblings are separated are terrifying for anybody who knows anything about adoption or foster realities. I am sooo angry for having gone by the trailers for the movie and not researched it first here. Very disturbing movie, and NOT for kids, unless we assume they just don't get the disturbing parts...
Teen, 15 years old Written bymilomil January 23, 2009

ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Parent of a 8 year old Written byErica Rios January 21, 2009

It Rocks!

My daughter says, "Watch it! Go ahead. It is lots of fun. It will make you want to have a dog. p.s. - Did I mention it rocks! lol" I say, "Sweet. Funny. Tear-jerker. I really enjoyed it. It also made me want to get a dog." ps- The cat won't let us get a dog.
Adult Written bydandamovieman January 15, 2009

surprisly entertaining, filled with laughts, fun and thrills

Hotel for dogs is all about two orphan children who have been moved several times throught foster parents- mainly because of there behaviur. As the film goes on you the two meet other kids who help them make and run the hotel for dogs. The film is a family friendly with only mild language throughout and barely any violence.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymrbookworm01 May 13, 2012

Really good movie, but some upsetting moments

I just watched this movie on Nickelodeon and it was a really good movie. It has little inappropriate content for young kids, and it has some positive messages about caring about others, working together, and the importance of family. OK for kids 8+. Education: The movie's based off a book, so kids might want to read it after watching the movie. Violence: Some mild slapstick violence, but nobody gets hurt. Some dogs can seem a bit vicious to younger kids. Some brief references to the death of the main characters' parents, but not in detail. One dog is shown missing a leg, which might upset sensitive kids. Some mild peril when the main characters' are being chased by police, and sad moments like when the main characters' are briefly seperated from each other and their dogs, but nothing too upsetting. Sex: Some mild flirting and two brief kisses between teens. But nothing farther than that. Language: Use of the word, "crap" Consumerism: Brief showing of a Nintendo DS.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv June 14, 2009

Better than the book, but there are better dog films.

This dog film is okay and funny at times, but it just kinda falls flat.
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2009

AWESOME!

Very funny, goofy,(and sometimes a tiny bit gross). A must see for the whole family.
Educator and Parent of a 3 year old Written byyellie February 26, 2009

Not for every child

I work as an advocate for children who are coming from homes of Domestic Violence and I often take children to the movies when there is no school. After viewing the trailer the children decided it would be a fun movie to see (ages 8 & 12). I took them thinking it would be a silly pointless movie, only to find it was full of things that are all to real in my line of work. The children I had taken to the movies were recently removed from their mother and placed with grandparents, but have easily been those kids on the screen. I think the movie would have been great for "normal" happy children, but I wish somewhere in the previews I would have known the plot....now I know to check this site!
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byLesliecritter January 31, 2009

will never get those 2 hours back

Pretty lame story, kids seemed to enjoy watching and talking about the dogs.... but didnt really understand why everyone was chasing eachother. I didn't like the treatment of authority figures in the movie.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bytrnlvr January 22, 2009

What a great movie!

I took my 4yr old son to see this movie and I'm not sure who laughed more and harder! I don't understand those adults who rated it as boring or ho-hum. It was so nice to see a movie (not animated) that was clean, funny & very entertaining. I have recommended this to all my friends for their pre-schoolers as well. Loved it & will definitely be getting the DVD.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bymephistoles January 18, 2009

I...uh...we actually liked it

I thought that movie was cute. Of course I had my "yea, right" moments, I had to remember this was a movie geared for children. It really was cute and we had the "warm fuzzies" at the end.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew September 7, 2014

Silly dog comedy has kindergarten humor. Immature stuff.

My rating:PG for rude humor and mild action