All member reviews for Hotel Transylvania

Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written byb080170e September 29, 2012

Adorable

I thought this movie was adorable. I laughed as much or more than my 10 year old. My 6 year old was not scared a bit (she's hard to scare) but I think many of the jokes went over her head and she wasn't able to enjoy the jokes as much as an older child. Adorable movie. I'm generally very strict with what I allow my children to watch and I thought this movie was very cute.
Adult Written bydbphunter September 30, 2012

See this movie!

It is the best cartoon movie for families that we have watched in a few years. Usually there is something inappropriate, but this cartoon is both sweet and funny. I am sorry that so few people rated it highly. So much better than the last cartoon (recently in Sept.) we watched. I can't remember the name Abnorman or something like that..was perfectly awful.
Kid, 8 years old September 28, 2012

5 stars!!!!!!!!

Awesome movie!!! I'm going to see it!!!
Parent Written byautisticcaregvr September 29, 2012

HARMLESS FUN????

Regardless of what company packaged this film on a subject that is already demonic to begin with, I quote the above article above, "what parents need to know". " 'angry face',which he (dracula)* flashes when he can't control his rage (it only lasts a few seconds, but it's a bit demonic looking)".. -This poster feels, It looks that way ("demonic") because the film does have some in-your-face honesty to at least show the true nature of a monster that is a blood sucking ghoul enslaving poor hapless ones that have been bitten in the neck, to an eternal life of immortal suffering, predatory behavior and blood spilling (and drinking) violence. I don't know about you but that whole concept is demonic, period. If a parent wants their children to be soft sold on thinking that a character who would perpetuate that sort of evil is harmless and sweet really, that parent would be unwittingly corrupting them, going along with the crowd as it where. That same parental guidance, or lack thereof, could actually be unknowingly desensitize their children to such evil and monstrous deeds by means of forms of cute soft-soaked introductory characters who have the appearance of being sweet and innocent, may want to analyze their own value system. like teaching a child to ride a bike using training wheels so they can learn to ride on their own. I could not promote a movie that starts children on such characters as these kinds of ugly characters. Its especially reprehensible for movie makers to make such characters look harmless, sweet, and normal to children, and then briefly expose them to true evilness for a few seconds and then bring them home again as sweet characters, but then again we know the movie makers' true motives are making money, catering to a market of people who have an appetite for such things. To use an analogy: How would most parents feel if someone made a movie for children making the 'monster' Charles Manson look sweet and harmless like this movie does with certain other type of evil monsters, yes to even raise little Charlie Manson's teaching them to become grown up Charlie Mansons some day and the audience being influenced to growing up to be Charlie Manson fans. Wouldn't that be absolutely repulsive for a parent to contemplate? That is why I walked out of this movie myself, It wasn't even suitable for me, let alone bring my children to see it. They're not called "Monsters" for nothing! * Parenthesis is mine.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhockeyguy October 7, 2012

i just wasted 2 hours of my life

stupid
Parent Written byembeau October 15, 2012

Sensitive kids should wait until older to see this...

Our friends took their six year old and she did fine. Our 7 year old did not fare as well. She found it more frightening than funny and did not come away loving the movie (for reference, she loved Gnomeo and Juliet). THe scene where the dads face morphs left a bad impression. If you have a sensitive child, I think I would hold off and wait until the child is 8, otherwise, you should be fine at 7.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bycaribbeandream October 10, 2012

Sweet and funny Halloween-themed movie

I think they could have toned down the potty humor a bit (and written off about 11 of the dozen or so werewolf kids) but overall this was a clean family movie. I loved the relationship between father and daughter and I really appreciated that even though she was trying to gain some independence she was never rude and sassy to her vampire dad. Also, the "love interest" story was played really well and was never uncomfortable or too "adult." The whole movie was just really cute.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written bygiovanna October 1, 2012

Fabulous family movie!

We went as a whole family and we all loved it!! I have a 6 1/2 and 9 year old. My youngest was unsure of a couple of moments in the beginning but quickly saw that it wasn't scary for him. We all laughed out loud many times, it was a cute way to deliver a nice message.
Kid, 9 years old September 30, 2012

Mild scary scenes and rude humour.

Consumer advice: Contains mild scary scenes and rude humour. My consumer advice: Contains mild scary scenes.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylizzylove 90 October 16, 2012

Hotel Transelvania

Bad for children
Kid, 9 years old October 8, 2012

Good, but could have been better

I was really looking forward to seeing this movie. I saw it and it was good, but they could have made it better. Therefore I can only give it ★★★.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bythe_tars October 6, 2012

Parent and Kid-Approved!

It was a very entertaining movie and the entire family enjoyed it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byK bug October 2, 2012

Go See It

Wow. I had low expecatations for this movie but i loved it!!! It was hilarious and had so many jokes that i laughed out loud. Everything was awesome!!!! You should go see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJoeyakers October 2, 2012

Exceptionally great for kids, if they won't get scared by MILD scenes.

It is something you need to take your kids to IMMEDIATELY! Except for some name-calling and some scary Dracula rage scenes, the movie is exceptionally fine for kids. The film itself is actually quite entertaining. An all star cast really make the movie special and worth to look through. 4/5
Kid, 9 years old September 30, 2012

Hotel Transylvania!

Very good. 2 words... SEE IT!!!!!!!
Parent of a 16 year old Written byMahima Negi September 29, 2012

nice one..

This is good
Kid, 11 years old March 1, 2015

Love it

This movie is so cute. Some love and kissing parts. Some scary parts and jump scenes. This movie scared my 5-year-old brother.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew December 23, 2014

Mild potty humor and scary images in adorable father-daughter relationship flick

My rating:PG for crude humor and scary action
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2014

Not for little kids

I walked out of the movies with my grandparents after seeing 15 minutes of this. It is very scary for little children!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydancer321 March 26, 2014

Hotel Transylvania

This was a really cute movie that little kids will enjoy. Here are a few things to watch out for: Violence: Fake Humans attempt to burn Mavis, but she leaves before they can. Consumerism: Barely anything notable in the movie. There is nothing else to watch out for in this movie!