All member reviews for Hotel Transylvania

Father-daughter comedy works as intro to monster movies.

Teen, 17 years old Written byhomealonefan123 March 2, 2013

awesome

hilarous, a good movie for all ages
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bywtgreene February 19, 2013

awesome movie

awesome movie. sometimes iffy with the scariness, but friendly kids movie and also very funny
Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2013

Cute!

This movie is really good! I think that its hilarious and it has a really good message! Ok so violence:theres really no violence besides the scary face thing that dracula does. "Sexy stuff": none besides two TINY kisses. Language: none. Consumerism: none. Drinking: none. Great movie! :)
Parent of a 6 year old Written byCarmencitaDC February 11, 2013

Great movie, great conversation starter...

Great little movie... my 6 year old loved it and I must admit my husband and I enjoyed it as well. We could totally relate to the vampire trying to protect his daughter. It led to a nice conversation about how parents are always trying to protect their children and that sometimes it is hard for some to begin to let go. Naturally, my son says, "Mami, I will never leave you." In my head I was thinking if I could get this written on paper and have him sign it. lol.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRyan Mccordy February 2, 2013

A surprisingly good movie!

Greta movie for all families. I went to see this movie with my family and I thought "This is gonna be a stupid little kid movie.." But the movie was awesome. I normally enjoy a good PG-13 comedy but this was an awesome movie. And a shout out to autisticcaregvr: Really? You have nothing better to do? You make it sound like paranormal activity or a slasher movie! Parents: Do not listen to his review. This movie was meant to be a movie about a coming of age movie. Not a demonic movie.
Parent of a 6, 9, and 12 year old Written byMominUtah February 1, 2013

Cute, cute, cute movie!

I loved it! My kindergartner loved it! I warned him about the scary face--and for littler guys it might be really scary--but once we saw it, right in the opening scenes of the move, it became a surprise, not a scare. Cute, cute, cute movie! Will be a Halloween favorite for years.
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2013

Smiles

This is a cute movie, but the kids 5 and under might not get he humor. There is some love (not an overdose, more like Disney Princess) and a lot of stars in this movie? The reason why I put language is because of the slight potty humor ( teeheehee), but at least the boys will be happy, Overall, a really sweet family movie, and a great addition to the movie collection
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2013

VERY GOOD MOVIE

hotel transilvania is a funny movie about draculas daughter who turns 118 years old she wants too see the world and see goes in the end hotel transilvania is a movie about a bond between a daughter and her father
Parent Written byfrankie.guasch December 31, 2012

Watchabe, not scary.

The movie is entertaining and not scary at all, despite its premise. The plot is a little weak, about teenager-father issues. The are some nice jokes but nothing to write home about. I as a parent found it watchable, but that's all. The kids had fun, mine are 6 year old, and sensitive and weren't afraid at all by the monsters. That is a plus. Though they didn't catch the message of the movie, more appropiate to teenagers and their parents.
Kid, 9 years old December 26, 2012

hotel transylvania

this movie is the best i saw i like 3 times and ill watch it more
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 December 7, 2012

Hilarious, original animated comedy is very entertaining

This movie was really funny and entertaining. The script was really creative and original, and the voice acting was really good. Adam Sandler (who's been on a really bad roll since "Jack and Jill" which I refused to see), Selena Gomez, Andy Samberg, Kevin James, David Spade, Ce Lo Green, Steve Buscemi, Fran Drescher, and I could go on and on. And after "ParaNorman" it's good to see a studio wanted to make a halloween animated movie that everyone can enjoy. Overall, I loved this movie and I think you will too. 6+
Kid, 9 years old December 6, 2012

A good introductory to horror movies!

This is a great introductory to horror movies for kids under 10! (if you're kid is over ten a good introductory would either be Jaws or Para-Norman) Language: potty humor Sex: two characters fall in love and kiss twice Violence: Dracula flashes his scary face when angry This is a must see for younger kids!
Parent Written byShivom Oza December 5, 2012

Hotel Transylvania (2012) Review by Shivom Oza – A Pleasant Monster Film!

A humorous take on the ‘Monsters v/s Humans’ saga, the film, ‘Hotel Transylvania’, is about a whimsical, harmless Dracula, who wants to protect his daughter from the ‘dangerous’ human world. With spectacular animation, some great dialogues and several hilarious sequences, ‘Hotel Transylvania’ will turn out to be a riot with the kids. The screenplay is found wanting, in the sense that the main conflict isn’t convincing enough. However, it is a nice watch and will definitely keep you entertained. Dracula (voiced by Adam Sandler), who is weary of anything and everything to do with humans, builds this hotel, which houses monsters and protects them from the dangerous human civilization. His hatred for that kind goes back to the time when his wife was forced to kill herself owing to the protests by the humans. He has a daughter Mavis (voiced by Selena Gomez), whom he has kept confined in the Hotel for 118 years. Mavis is an inquisitive person and is keen to venture into the outside world, but her father always prevents her from doing so. On the occasion of her 118th birthday party, which is attended by the who’s who of the monster world including Frankenstein, Murray the Mummy, Wayne and Wanda Werewolf, Griffin the Invisible Man among others, a human, 21 year old Jonathan (voiced by Andy Samberg) is the gate crasher at this exclusive monster hotel. The problem arises when the Dracula realizes that Jonathan is getting closer to Mavis (who doesn’t realize that the boy is a human). He tries to keep Jonathan away from the monsters at the party and this comedy-of-errors leads to a lot of untoward, yet rib-tickling, incidents. The film has plenty of delightful moments, thanks to the humorous dialogues and some rip-roaring sequences in the screenplay. Even the voiceovers, especially those of Adam Sandler, Gomez and Samberg, are wonderfully done. The lovely visuals, with a fairly decent augmentation thanks to 3D, are one of the better ones, among the animated films of 2012. One of the better moments of the film features the self-deprecating jokes by the monsters. Frankenstein, Dracula and Invisible Man end up being the butt of most jokes, and such lovely moments will definitely be relished by the younger audiences. Even the scenes in which Jonathan belts out contemporary music pieces and the old-fashioned monsters have a scandalous look on their faces are quite amusing. The only problem with the film is that its conflict isn’t convincing enough. There is no real antagonist in the film. This aspect does diminish the engagement-level to some extent. Director Genndy Tartakovsky pulls off a fine animated film. The concept is quite unique and even the execution is very impressive. The fun film will definitely work with the kids. The human-monster camaraderie and the monster-monster interactions are bound to keep the adults entertained as well. Shivom Oza
Parent of a 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 year old Written byFIAB December 5, 2012

I did not like this movie :(.....BUT MY KIDS LOVED IT!

I didn't like this movie at all. It wasn't very funny and the jokes were pretty lame. The characters were pretty weak and the script was as flat and thin as paper. Shame though,as I was SOOOO looking forward to this movie. At least my kids liked it (mainly my younger ones (I took my 6,7,8,9 and 10 year olds to see it and they loved it but me...ICK!) I also disliked the fart jokes,I mean fart jokes? come on! you could do better than that! What a major disappointment. My kids gives this movie 5 stars or A+. I give it 2 stars or C-
Kid, 10 years old December 2, 2012

Hotel T

Hotel Transylvainia is suitable for kids 7 and up with some minor scary parts. You SHOULD NOT take your toddler or baby to it! It needs more happy parts, but otherwise its fine.
Parent of a 6, 9, and 11 year old Written byItsMyJob November 24, 2012

Nothing fabulous

It was an okay movie. Nothing fabulous.
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 18, 2012

sony animation`s best movie to date

dracula was funny,mavis is hot,johnathan can be annoying at times and the other characters were generally likeable except for the witches and especially the stupid,ugly unappealing zombies
Kid, 6 years old November 14, 2012

Hotel Transylvania

It is a really good movie. It is really funny. I saw it two times and it even made my parents laugh out loud. My mom covered my eyes when she saw kissing. I took her hands off my eyes. There is a little story where there is fire. Also, the mom in the movie gets killed but the dad remains alive. There is some scary music. For little kids, there might be some scary parts, but otherwise I think it is a really good movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byScreennameGirl November 4, 2012

A Great Family Movie

This is an amazing movie! It is about Mavis, and her relationship with her father, Count Dracula. Mavis has a crush on a human, Johnathan. Her father isn't so happy about that. Mavis and Johnathan do kiss, but nothing too extreme. But at one point, Mavis turns into a bat and Johnathan asks "Wait, so you didn't have any clothes on when you were a bat?" At times it could be a little scary for young kids, like when Dracula growls/roars when he's angry or when villagers with torches attack Mavis. She doesn't get hurt, and the audience soon knows that it was just a trick from her father who was trying to get her to stay away from humans. Otherwise, nothing else was scary. My seven year old cousin saw it with me and she didn't get scared.
Kid, 8 years old November 4, 2012

Hotel Transylvania

I have a 7 year old friend who went to see this movie, and said it was the best ever, and then my 6 year old friend saw it and didn't get ANYTHING. But he was not stupid, so that pretty much evens out my 7. Anyways, this is one of my top ten movies that i love so it's a REALLY GOOD MOVIE!