All member reviews for House at the End of the Street

it's ok, i guess

Scary and not that good. 15 and up
Teen, 14 years old Written byBooks rule September 23, 2012

Not what I was expecting

I was expecting this movie to be really scary, but it was just suspenseful. There is a huge twist at the end that I didn't expect at all. Overall a decent movie just not for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byConor Coyle September 23, 2012

Fantastic Thriller!!!!!!!

I watched this last night and I have to say it was fantastic, the twist was mind blowing and so gripping. The whole movie was brilliant so I don't know why it's getting bad reviews, they probably didn't understand it and then gave a bad review. Fans of Jennifer Lawrence, Hunger Games and Thrillers will love this!
Teen, 14 years old Written byprincesslily September 27, 2012

house at the end of the street

the trailer looked good but the movie turned out to be slow dumb and not as good as we were told. i would not recommend it
Teen, 16 years old Written byadtr_forever September 27, 2012

House at the End of the Street Review

I'm currently reading the book... It's confusing at first but after I got to about Chapter 3, it was a lot easier to read. It definitely is a page turner. If you're reading this(what I'm writing), go pick up the book! About $11 at Wal-mart. If I ever get to see the movie, I will edit this, and tell you about it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySumBO September 30, 2012

Great Movie.

This horror flick with Jennifer Lawrence and Max Theriot is a must see. Really good storyline with a surprising ending. As far as violence goes it does have some but it's not bloody/gory. It has one scene where a Mother & Father do drugs while there kids play outside but it's rated PG 13 for a reason. Some kids get drunk at a party but it's a brief scene. In one scene Jennifer & Max kiss but they are interrupted and so the scene is brief. Language isn't bad. I recommend it for kids 12 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysavannah5677 September 29, 2012

The movie wasn't that scary which was good for me, and I thought it was a good movie but left some parts of the book out so to others it was confusing.
Kid, 12 years old October 13, 2012

ok... kinda confusing though

this movie is reasonably good. Jennifer Laurence does a great acting job and the movie is really suspenseful and pretty scary too. a great starter horror movie. :) this movie is very good, but is very, very confusing. make sure you pay very close attention... hehe have fun and don't pee your pants with the many jump scenes that happen.
Kid, 12 years old January 12, 2013

I am 12. Can I watch this movie?
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoneymandodo December 7, 2012

House at the end of the street sucks

The trailer was good, but the movie itself sucked. It was too slow, stupid and more of a drama than a horror. It did have story, but 3/4 of the movie was "when is this gonna get any good?". Don't take kids, if you even waste 1 1/2 hours of your time and $7+food. I shouldn't have taken my 7 year old sister, aside with language such as a--hole and d--k, it had lots of stabbing, shooting and neck snapping, without bloob though. It's a stupid movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJacob Haimovitz November 24, 2012

House at the End of the Street is too scary for teens!

House at the End of the Street with Hunger Games actor Jennifer Lawernce is too scary for teens, becuase it is a horror movie. House at the End of the Street has a little bit of blood or gore. House at the End of the Street will disapoint Hunger Games fans.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytate56 January 18, 2013

Horrible, don't bother buying

The movie was horrible, the plot sucked
Teen, 13 years old Written byKyle1414 June 17, 2013

Truly Suspenseful!

This movie has a lot of kissing, and parents might not like kids younger than 13 to see all of that. Language isn't too bad there are maybe 2 uses of b**** 2 uses of d*** and 2 uses of a**hole. Name calling is quite bad though such a retard, or retarded. This movie is quite intense. The boy named.Ryan Jacobsen is literally insane, and he was abused brutally in his childhood. If I describe how Ryan is crazy then I will give everything away! Watch this movie. I think it has a great amount of suspense!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byDC9000 May 20, 2013

Great Ending, Ok Movie...

All I have heard about this movie says it is really bad. So when I started watching it I was not shocked at that it was dull. The first hour or so is quite dull except for the brief moments in which you see the girl Carrie Anne. Then after a few twists and turns in the plot, I was on the edge of my seat. There is a great twist in the movie which leaves some open endings answered in the final scene. Unfortunately the BIG twist at the end is not very good. The good twist is before the end. Worth watching, not very scary, however there is violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybettylouva May 17, 2013

H.A.T.E.S. (House At The End of the Street)

House At the End of The Streets is a really good thriller. Below are some scary scenes young teens would probably find scary. -The opening scene a girl stabs her parents to death -The girl who killed her parents looks quite scary and may give kids nightmares -A girls dead body is shown -*SPOILER* You find out that Ryan is actually kidnapping girls and pretending they are Carrie-Anne. It may be scary to kids, especially girls, to think of someone kidnapping you and keeping you prisoner.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhansel23 May 8, 2013

BOOO !!!!

thise is the worst film ever made dont wast your time on it it will diserpont you
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 January 12, 2013

Stupid, messy, sometimes laughably bad thriller has some thrills and unexpected twists but in the end is a bland, forgettable mess

Teen, 13 years old Written bymariie99 November 6, 2012

Good movie

It says it will disappoint Hunger Games fans. I'm a HUGE fan of THG and I really loved this movie. It's obviously not as good as hunger games but, It wasn't that bad. This movie seems to be getting bad reviews but, it's actually pretty good. If you're thinking of watching it just give it a shot.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHgjunkie November 9, 2014

Iffy, but good.

It involves iffy situations such as drunk sex and drugs, but nothing major. It is about a girl who gets kidnapped after the kidnapper had accidentally killed his other hostage. This makes it sound bad, but it is better than most other movies. Language is very limited, but it WILL frighten young kids. I watched it with my mom and it made her jump a little. As a teen I found it very enjoyable, but would not recommend it to young kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy September 27, 2014

It was entertaining

House at the end of the street is not really that scary. I mean, if your expecting some terrifying movie, this one really isnt that terrifying. The language is infrequent, but b-tch and a-shole and sl-t are heard. The sexual is a bit suggestive, with one character trying to convince another to have sex, she doesn't but still, and a scene where a woman asks for sex or something like that. Also plenty of cleavage, but hey it's supposed to attract teens so what can you expect. The violence isn't bad at all, but some violent scenes. Probably best for 13 and up