Kid reviews for How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Family-friendly threequel has peril, bloodless battles.

Kid, 10 years old February 10, 2019

Series finale brings action and emotion in fantastic movie.

In this threequel to the popular movie, Hiccup must face Grimmel as he tries to kill the last night fury, Toothless, and he must face the truth, the key to saving all dragons. In this great movie, there is a bit of violence but not much and there is a kiss. Hiccup is a great role model, he is brave and kind. The positive messages are teamwork, perseverance, friendship and letting go for the better of others. Overall, this is a fun, clever movie that every family should see.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTyrannapus January 11, 2019

The perfect trilogy, with near perfect spinoffs?!

Won't say much, but this movie WAS amazing, and would be more amazing if they didn't have to make sure it was at least 90% child friendly. Quite a bit of violence, I mean, not really, just amazingly epic action scenes. Maybe other stuff... but really little kids won't understand so all good. JUST watch the movie.

Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2019

Favorite Dreamworks Series

Just went to see this yesterday at the theater... This, was by far, the best out of all 3 movies. I have almost never cried before in a movie (I believe I have only cried in Marley and Me and Titanic) but I bawled like no tomorrow over the ending of this. The entire thing was VERY emotional - I was crying one minute and laughing the next. By the time we walked out, my face was tear-stained and my mouth ached like crazy because of all the smiles and laughs (I loved the scene where Toothless was trying to impress the Light Fury girlie with all those silly dances. Everyone at the theater laughed their heads off!) A MUST see. No language (aside from a few childish insults and use of the word "butt". A couple "oh my gods" [yes, they do add the "s" at the end, I guess they believed in all sorts of gods in viking days?]) and nothing inappropriate for youngsters (Hiccup does kiss Astrid's cheek while they were still boyfriend\girlfriend and shared a kiss at their wedding at the end). And while there isn't and graphic scenes or anything even close to blood, there's definitely quite a few dragon vs human\dragon or human vs human fights, and they get quite violent. Nothing kiddies from 7-8 shouldn't be able to handle. It's pretty rare when you really look forward to a movie and then when you go see it, it actually turns out to be as amazing as you thought it would be, right? Well, this movie did NOT disappoint (I don't advise watching the trailer, though, just a "by the way" - it has too many spoilers. It also doesn't do justice for the awesomeness of this show!) and turned out actually even BETTER than I thought it would be. But yeah - Very emotional and such a sweet little movie, and was absolutely spectacular. 1,000% the real deal! (Loved the beautiful animation, too!)

Teen, 13 years old Written byDenivol February 12, 2019

Fantasy/Mystery/Family

A beautiful epic. This sequel radiantly outshines the storylines and graphics of the second, and even the first. You must see it before it goes out of cinemas (As of Feb 12.2019 ).

Kid, 12 years old February 15, 2019

Great!

Teen, 17 years old Written byRyder_123 February 8, 2019

It’s so horrible and bloody

It has some much bad language And sexy stuff and blood and gore

Teen, 14 years old Written byTherealdirtydan March 3, 2019

Disappointing

I loved the first 2 movies but the 3rd has numerous issues. The plot takes forever to get moving. The characters are almost all bland and unfunny. I could ramble on but I'll just leave it at that. All that being said it is a sweet send off to a otherwose great franchise.
Kid, 11 years old March 13, 2019
Teen, 16 years old Written byMunchkins957 March 11, 2019

Michael Ordona, you have problems.

Emotionally Captivating and outstanding effects, this movie should be seen by everyone, the final chapter of a spectacular trilogy that comes to a thrilling conclusion.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytruthexposer1306 March 11, 2019

The Best How To Train Your Dragon Movie Ever! Just Watched It In Theater Last Night! I LOVE IT!

This Was So Mindblowingly Awesome! Teamwork Makes the Dream Work Again In This Action-Packed , Amazing Movie!

Teen, 14 years old Written byZingoes March 10, 2019

To INNAPRITTATE!!

this bad movie is no good with famly dere is spooky people and mad me peepee myself. NEver wach it!!!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byGIGI2.0 March 5, 2019

Awesome

This movie was a great end to the trilogy! There is some fighting and at one pint a character almost falls to his/her death (but is saved). There is some flirting. Two characters get married. The dragons perform a mating ritual. One character reffers to herself as "hot" and says "all the boys love me." There is some rude hummer but nothing that wasn't in the other movies. There is some sad flashbacks of Hiccup and his dad (who died in the last movie). Overall, it was great and it all depends on what the parents want there kids to see.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybookworm3284 March 4, 2019

The best one in the series, no bones about it. And I don't understand CSM star rating.

RTC

Teen, 16 years old Written byJoshuahsBricks March 4, 2019

An Emotional Conclusion to a Fantastic Trilogy

I walked into this this movie nervous. I was not disappointed. This was a fantastic ending to a story I've been watching since 2010. The animation was beautiful, best 3D animation I've seen in a while. The message is great for young viewers, and the story is heart wrenching for long-time viewers. This movie is a must watch.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGlory202716 March 3, 2019

Very amazing story!!!

It is sad at some parts but it is a very fun and good movie for people who like adventurous movies.

Kid, 12 years old March 3, 2019

A bit disappointing for the entire trilogy’s conclusion

HTTYD 3 Was a beautifully-animated film (and I’ll file a complaint if it doesn’t get an Oscar), but something was just lacking. Unlike the 2nd film in the franchise, the ending battle scene wasn’t all that dramatic, several scenes were just unnecessary, the ending hardly made any sense, and the “epilogue” was just a cheap tearjerker. The overall vibe of the film was about boyfriends and girlfriends, which got a little boring. A little bit of violence, but no blood is shown. The word “bloody” (as in, “bloody hell”) and “butt” can be heard several times,but other than that, no swearing. A lot of romance. It was okay for a kids film.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySara.Parker46 March 3, 2019
It's funny, it's emotional and it has a great ending which teaches a good message. My little 6 year old cousin went to see it and she loved it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBlackWolfReviews February 28, 2019

BlackWolf’s One Sentence Reviews

With a memorable score and familiar characters, this fast paced, stunning finale brings a heartfelt end to a beloved franchise.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBreannakpulido February 24, 2019

This movie was amazing

I think that this movie was amazing, loved the ending and it whould definitely make you cry. it is so good I recommend you watch it it is probably one of the best movies I’ve ever seen. the animation was amazing and the movie was so emotional.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylifeoneboard February 23, 2019

Great but sad ending to a wonderful trilogy

Alright, I just got home from the theater. This movie is amazing, wonderful, sad, and beautiful. Let me tell you something about myself. I almost NEVER cry in movies. But httyd has been really special to me in a lot of ways, and I love the characters. So I cried a lot. I was the only teenager in the theater, and I think I cried the most. Some tears were tears of joy, some were sadness, some empathy. I also laughed. I knew I would cry and laugh, but I didn’t expect so much emotion. Young kids may not understand all of it, how weighty the near end was. It was full of tears for me, but the real ending had me in joyful tears. This movie is sad, probably not so much for a little kid, but for someone who has grown to love these characters and relate to them. It has good role models and strong female characters along with kind male characters. The friendships are strong and steady. The plot, I though, could have been a bit more interesting. SPOILER ALERT when the bad guy was defeated, I honestly thought it wasn’t the end. It was too easy. It didn’t have much of a struggle, unlike the other two movies did. It did fall a little short of the first two, but I certainly did like it. I would recommend taking kids who love fantasy and aren’t frightened by battles and dragons with stingers.