Kid reviews for How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Family-friendly threequel has peril, bloodless battles.

Kid, 12 years old March 3, 2019

A bit disappointing for the entire trilogy’s conclusion

HTTYD 3 Was a beautifully-animated film (and I’ll file a complaint if it doesn’t get an Oscar), but something was just lacking. Unlike the 2nd film in the franchise, the ending battle scene wasn’t all that dramatic, several scenes were just unnecessary, the ending hardly made any sense, and the “epilogue” was just a cheap tearjerker. The overall vibe of the film was about boyfriends and girlfriends, which got a little boring. A little bit of violence, but no blood is shown. The word “bloody” (as in, “bloody hell”) and “butt” can be heard several times,but other than that, no swearing. A lot of romance. It was okay for a kids film.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySara.Parker46 March 3, 2019
It's funny, it's emotional and it has a great ending which teaches a good message. My little 6 year old cousin went to see it and she loved it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBlackWolfReviews February 28, 2019

BlackWolf’s One Sentence Reviews

With a memorable score and familiar characters, this fast paced, stunning finale brings a heartfelt end to a beloved franchise.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBreannakpulido February 24, 2019

This movie was amazing

I think that this movie was amazing, loved the ending and it whould definitely make you cry. it is so good I recommend you watch it it is probably one of the best movies I’ve ever seen. the animation was amazing and the movie was so emotional.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylifeoneboard February 23, 2019

Great but sad ending to a wonderful trilogy

Alright, I just got home from the theater. This movie is amazing, wonderful, sad, and beautiful. Let me tell you something about myself. I almost NEVER cry in movies. But httyd has been really special to me in a lot of ways, and I love the characters. So I cried a lot. I was the only teenager in the theater, and I think I cried the most. Some tears were tears of joy, some were sadness, some empathy. I also laughed. I knew I would cry and laugh, but I didn’t expect so much emotion. Young kids may not understand all of it, how weighty the near end was. It was full of tears for me, but the real ending had me in joyful tears. This movie is sad, probably not so much for a little kid, but for someone who has grown to love these characters and relate to them. It has good role models and strong female characters along with kind male characters. The friendships are strong and steady. The plot, I though, could have been a bit more interesting. SPOILER ALERT when the bad guy was defeated, I honestly thought it wasn’t the end. It was too easy. It didn’t have much of a struggle, unlike the other two movies did. It did fall a little short of the first two, but I certainly did like it. I would recommend taking kids who love fantasy and aren’t frightened by battles and dragons with stingers.

Teen, 13 years old Written byShark Lover 12 February 23, 2019

Visually Stunning and Very Emotional!

This was a great finale to the series. It is beautifully animated and has an incredible story. There is a kiss and dragon mating dances, but it's nothing bad or graphic. There is some scary/violent parts, and most of it is fire and explosions, but what do you expect from fire breathing dragons? It is a great movie but it has mild language. The villian is a really unlikable person, and the dragons he uses as minions can be pretty creepy (they have scorpion tails, crab like legs, retractable tusks) , I think that this is a great, incredible movie, but its just not for those who scare easily.

Kid, 10 years old February 22, 2019

The best!!!!!!

This is the best story and some bits can leave you crying happy tears. I suggest the whole family to watch this