Kid reviews for How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Family-friendly threequel has peril, bloodless battles.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBreannakpulido February 24, 2019

This movie was amazing

I think that this movie was amazing, loved the ending and it whould definitely make you cry. it is so good I recommend you watch it it is probably one of the best movies I’ve ever seen. the animation was amazing and the movie was so emotional.

Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2019

Favorite Dreamworks Series

Just went to see this yesterday at the theater... This, was by far, the best out of all 3 movies. I have almost never cried before in a movie (I believe I have only cried in Marley and Me and Titanic) but I bawled like no tomorrow over the ending of this. The entire thing was VERY emotional - I was crying one minute and laughing the next. By the time we walked out, my face was tear-stained and my mouth ached like crazy because of all the smiles and laughs (I loved the scene where Toothless was trying to impress the Light Fury girlie with all those silly dances. Everyone at the theater laughed their heads off!) A MUST see. No language (aside from a few childish insults and use of the word "butt". A couple "oh my gods" [yes, they do add the "s" at the end, I guess they believed in all sorts of gods in viking days?]) and nothing inappropriate for youngsters (Hiccup does kiss Astrid's cheek while they were still boyfriend\girlfriend and shared a kiss at their wedding at the end). And while there isn't and graphic scenes or anything even close to blood, there's definitely quite a few dragon vs human\dragon or human vs human fights, and they get quite violent. Nothing kiddies from 7-8 shouldn't be able to handle. It's pretty rare when you really look forward to a movie and then when you go see it, it actually turns out to be as amazing as you thought it would be, right? Well, this movie did NOT disappoint (I don't advise watching the trailer, though, just a "by the way" - it has too many spoilers. It also doesn't do justice for the awesomeness of this show!) and turned out actually even BETTER than I thought it would be. But yeah - Very emotional and such a sweet little movie, and was absolutely spectacular. 1,000% the real deal! (Loved the beautiful animation, too!)

Teen, 14 years old Written bylifeoneboard February 23, 2019

Great but sad ending to a wonderful trilogy

Alright, I just got home from the theater. This movie is amazing, wonderful, sad, and beautiful. Let me tell you something about myself. I almost NEVER cry in movies. But httyd has been really special to me in a lot of ways, and I love the characters. So I cried a lot. I was the only teenager in the theater, and I think I cried the most. Some tears were tears of joy, some were sadness, some empathy. I also laughed. I knew I would cry and laugh, but I didn’t expect so much emotion. Young kids may not understand all of it, how weighty the near end was. It was full of tears for me, but the real ending had me in joyful tears. This movie is sad, probably not so much for a little kid, but for someone who has grown to love these characters and relate to them. It has good role models and strong female characters along with kind male characters. The friendships are strong and steady. The plot, I though, could have been a bit more interesting. SPOILER ALERT when the bad guy was defeated, I honestly thought it wasn’t the end. It was too easy. It didn’t have much of a struggle, unlike the other two movies did. It did fall a little short of the first two, but I certainly did like it. I would recommend taking kids who love fantasy and aren’t frightened by battles and dragons with stingers.

Teen, 13 years old Written byShark Lover 12 February 23, 2019

Visually Stunning and Very Emotional!

This was a great finale to the series. It is beautifully animated and has an incredible story. There is a kiss and dragon mating dances, but it's nothing bad or graphic. There is some scary/violent parts, and most of it is fire and explosions, but what do you expect from fire breathing dragons? It is a great movie but it has mild language. The villian is a really unlikable person, and the dragons he uses as minions can be pretty creepy (they have scorpion tails, crab like legs, retractable tusks) , I think that this is a great, incredible movie, but its just not for those who scare easily.

Kid, 10 years old February 22, 2019

The best!!!!!!

This is the best story and some bits can leave you crying happy tears. I suggest the whole family to watch this

Kid, 12 years old February 15, 2019

Great!

Teen, 13 years old Written byDenivol February 12, 2019

Fantasy/Mystery/Family

A beautiful epic. This sequel radiantly outshines the storylines and graphics of the second, and even the first. You must see it before it goes out of cinemas (As of Feb 12.2019 ).

Kid, 10 years old February 10, 2019

Series finale brings action and emotion in fantastic movie.

In this threequel to the popular movie, Hiccup must face Grimmel as he tries to kill the last night fury, Toothless, and he must face the truth, the key to saving all dragons. In this great movie, there is a bit of violence but not much and there is a kiss. Hiccup is a great role model, he is brave and kind. The positive messages are teamwork, perseverance, friendship and letting go for the better of others. Overall, this is a fun, clever movie that every family should see.