All teen and kid member reviews for How to Train Your Dragon

Teen, 15 years old Written byAdriana62 July 11, 2010

Some kids might get scared - I loved it though

I loved it! I fell in love with the cute and brainy Hiccup, and his adorable dragon friend Toothless. Someone said something about it not being funny, but it's not supposed to be a comedy (but it has its moments xD). It was a very sweet movie and the animation was beautiful. I recommend this to anyone, but some little kids might get scared of the fire-breathing dragons.
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written byadoely July 10, 2010

Not Funny.

Fine movie, I went to see it with my 5 and 8 year old brothers. It's about the typical black sheep of the family who doesn't fit in but ends up impressing everyone in the end. Honestly, I didn't think it was good at all. My brothers laugh at anything even remotely corny, and they only busted up once. It started getting boring at the end, leaving me checking the time again and again, wondering WHEN IS THIS GOING TO END? So, if you want something light, go ahead, but it really is just another renter.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2010

A movie that will loved by all for centuries to come.

How to train your Dragon is Story based on Love, Understanding and a message that Love and Friendship prevails all. I simply thought the bond between Hiccup and Toothless was touching and emotional and thought that Hiccup was a good role model for those with intellinge but no body strength and for those who believe that friendship and understanding comes first. I must admit the battle scenes are quite frighting and scary for young children in which the Dragons cause mass descution, nearly kills characters and manages to cripple some like Hiccup. But it is a wonderful story, in which will be loved from all for centuries to come.
Kid, 8 years old July 3, 2010

GREAT LOVE IT
Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2010

Looooooooooveeeee It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a great movie. it shows team work ect... i was sad to what happed to hiccup in the end
Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2010

Good for mature 6 year olds but iffy for any 6 year old.

It was okay exempt i thought it was pretty predictable. I did however, think the animation was incredible and well done.
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2010

Hazy Memories

This review being edited four years later, I realize that I'm not the most valid candidate for issuing a review on the subject; however, having non-specific memories on the experience, I can safely state that the experience I attained from watching this film was not unlike any other joy I'd received from other animated films; but, there is still joy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKforKitty101 June 6, 2010

The Best Movie Ever!

This is the best movie ever! A beautiful masterpiece with great humor, very postive messages, and an amazing story! And i love Toothless, hes sooooooo adorable! Very enjoyable, so go see it now!
Teen, 15 years old Written byIsItgoodORnot June 5, 2010

This raises the bar!

The 3D for this movie was mind-boggling! The movie itself was a masterpiece as well, Pixar's on a great-movie streak it seems. This is one of those movies that will become an unforgettable classic!
Teen, 15 years old Written byRosenrott June 4, 2010

A great family film

I loved this movie. It shows the importance of family, friends, how 'brain beats brawn', and has a little bit of that fantasy magic that bring out the child in older viewers and spark fascination and wonder in younger viewers. My family and my friends all enjoyed it. A few scenes are a bit violent and may scare young children. The ending somewhat negates the message of the film, but is still effective. Also, it's absolutely beautiful in 3-D!
Kid, 11 years old May 20, 2010

AN AWESOME MOVIE!

When I saw the commercial's here's what I thought, "Oh no, another animated lame movie!" But I was so WRONG! This is an awesome movie! I would see it again.
Kid, 11 years old May 20, 2010

Simply Amazing!!!!

When I first saw the commercials, this is what I thought- "Oh, another little kid's movie. Oh, how nice. Wow. The commercials are so stupid. Who's going to see THAT?" I waited until the last minute to see it, and it was 'Simply Amazing!' It had a great story, good role models, and it wasn't too 'little-kiddish' for lack of a better term. The storyline was great, and Toothless was so cute! Acted just like a dog and a cat mixed together. (It's also great in 3D, if you do not mind me saying :)) However, it is suggested that 'dragons have killed hundreds of us!' And that people 'kill dragons' and things like that. There's a lot of disgusting ways to die listed when Hiccup is going through a book of dragons. It says things like 'spits fire, never misses target: Very dangerous, kill on site.' Well, I still loved it, really I did. There nothing bad in it except for maybe the hat joke, and when Hiccup's father says, "All h*** breaks loose." But overall it was amazing! Loved it! You will, too! Don't even hesitate!
Kid, 7 years old May 13, 2010

this game is good because the 1 dragon is good but the hundred is too bad because i watch the "How To Train Your Dragon" on Cinemas!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTHE MOVIE MAN May 13, 2010

Movie Man on How To Train Your Dragon

Parents, this movie is not just for kids. You will enjoy this movie also and its a great idea to take your children. I recomend this movie for kids age five and up but if you are an over protective parent or your children get scared easily they should be six and up. Younger kids might get scared of the fire breathing dragons and the hunting but it has a good message.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMaggeMe May 12, 2010

Kid, 8 years old May 9, 2010

Awesome for everyone!

AWESOME!I seen it 2 times!
Teen, 15 years old Written bykoalaMADNESS8 May 8, 2010

I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!! It's my 2nd favorite, next to Napolean Dynamite, of course. Watch it!!!! Now!!!! Or I'll hurt you!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old May 1, 2010

I'm going to watch that movie and I think it's going to be fun and thrilling.
Kid, 6 years old May 1, 2010

If you can stomach the odd dragon battle, this is brilliant!

Liked everything about this film. Enjoyable for parents, too. Some scary scenes possibly for younger children - somewhere in between the older Disney films (dark, wicked witches) and Doctor Who.