All member reviews for How to Train Your Dragon

Kid, 10 years old May 13, 2010

Kiddie Review

This was the GREATEST MOVIE I WATCHED! It's great for kids and families!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny November 1, 2011

Another treat from Dreamworks...

In the past years, Dreamworks has established itself as a gem in CGI animation. How To Train Your Dragon is another charming adaptation. It's complete with spectacular 3-D animation, colorful characters and scenery, and a star-studded cast that is sure to make you laugh. Besides that, the action is also pretty intense and the fire that the dragons breath is almost real. Hiccup is a scrawny viking boy who is helpless on the battlefield. However, all this changes when he shoots down the legendary Nightfury dragon. Unfortunately for him, no one believes it, so he sets out to find where the dragon landed. He finds it injured, unable to fly. At first, his intentions are to kill it, so he can prove that he caught it, but his kindness leads him to do otherwise and he befriends the dragon and calls him "Toothless". He's kinda like the Dog Whisper (except for dragons or "Dragon Whisperer"). That's all I'm gonna tell you, I don't wanna spoil the movie. Anyways, the violence is the likewise: fire-breathing dragons, ax-wielding vikings, an enormous dragon queen that eats the other smaller dragons, etc. Astrid and Hiccup kiss a few times and during the end. There are a few subliminal jokes, like the "breast hat" scene and there's also a part where Hiccup is in dragon training and Astrid lands on him and one of the guys shouts "Love on the battlefield", but these jokes are most likely to fly over young kids' heads. For those of you haven't watched this yet, I recommend it. It's fun, thrilling, and just plain awesome.
Kid, 8 years old March 26, 2010

wonderful

I think this is a very good movie, but has some inappropriate things such as kissing. I enjoy the music and if some thing violent happens it does not have violent noises with it.
Kid, 8 years old March 10, 2011

BORING

Movie is so boring. Hardly anything happens in the movie. Just plain.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMillyMolly June 4, 2010

Sweet!

Very nice and sweet movie! I went to see this with one of my friends and we both enjoyed this movie very much! It also teaches a good message. I thought the black dragon was so cute!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustinBieber_JB May 20, 2010

I loved this movie! I saw it with a group of my friends and we all liked it a lot. It's really cute and has a good message.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGloryGirl April 4, 2010

I think for some people. it would be a little scary, but I just got back from watching it and I loved it. I thought it was creative, touching, and funny. Example that don't judge people by the way they look, they could be the oposite.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrandon4News April 3, 2010

Super cool, super appropriate

This is a brilliant movie. With it's simple script (a little too simple at times but it's all good) and it's great character development, How To Train Your Dragon soars high in the clouds. The 3D effects are stunning, there are funny moments, and positive messages! Besides one moderately scary scene in a dragon cave, this one is good for the whole family.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBaconBitz March 27, 2010

Great for any age

How to Train Your Dragon was an excellent film. Great story, adventure, and laughs. The characters are very brave and heroic. The characters show teamwork and care for each other. The only "scary parts" are the opening battle sequence filled with explosions and the giant "Queen" dragon in the end. All in all, an excellent animated family flick
Kid, 8 years old June 28, 2015

Fantastic movie, period.

Kid, 12 years old January 8, 2015

Great Family Movie

This was a great family movie. I never heard the curse shown below. That might just be a scam. Any who, great movie without much violence. Great Friday night family movie. Good job DreamWorks.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 28, 2014

Breathtaking dark dragon tale is full of family fun moments but scary for little kids

My rating:PG for violence,fire breathing sequences,language,rude humor and thematic elements
Teen, 17 years old Written byjmich16 November 13, 2014

My favorite movie

I am 17 years old and I love movies from The Maze Runner to Breakfast at Tiffanys to 22 Jump Street. My taste does reflect my age, being that I'm 17 I tend to like more adult movies, but How to Train Your Dragon is honestly one of my absolute favorite movies. I rave about it all the time, almost embarrassingly so, and I would honestly recommend it to anyone and everyone. Depending on the kid, some younger than five could probably watch and enjoy it too. Love, love, love this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 21, 2014

How to Train Your Dragon movie review

When I first watched "How to Train Your Dragon" in 2010, I didn't enjoy the movie. I think the main reason I didn't like the movie was because it was a different type of animated movie. Looking back, the movie itself is a really good movie. "How to Train Your Dragon" is a movie that children of all ages will love. The CGI dragons are very cool to look at and the special effects are terrific. I call it the "Jurassic Park" of animated movies. The movie was surprisingly darker than other animated movies. It dealt with many themes about trust. I really enjoyed "How to Train Your Dragon". The movie is very fun to watch, it is very entertaining, and it deserved to be nominated "Best Animated Feature" at the Academy Awards. If you know any kids who like animated movies, I recommend telling them to check out "How to Train Your Dragon". It was one of the best animated movies of 2010.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 2, 2014

Cool Movie

How To Train Your Dragon is a Fantastic movie for all ages Its Animation and Acting are both Fantastic
Kid, 12 years old September 29, 2014

My Favorite Ever!

This is the best movie I have ever seen in my entire life! Some of the fighting scenes are a bit dark but it sure packs some epic action! Wait 'till you're a bit older so you can enjoy and understand the sub-plots, though. Such as Hiccup's relationship with his father. Give this movie a shot! It's better than Frozen. And Toy Story 3 by a lot. Yeah. I just said that.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnstewart September 12, 2014

okay for 7+

sex/nudity: 1/5 - some kissing. also, when a small dragon comes to attack a group, one of them says "he's like the size of my" and is interrupted. violence/gore: 3/5 - some references to killing etc. Some sheeps are taken by dragons. language: 1/5 - nothing that i remember, but there is if you count "god" as a swear. drinking/drugs/smoking: 1/5 - vikings are seen in a tavern, maybe drinking some ail. scariness: 3.5/5 - some of the dragons can be scary. Total: 2/5 - PG level, okay for kids
Teen, 16 years old Written byCozymonster Bigman August 18, 2014

The best movie of the century!!!!

I loved it for three reasons: 1( The characters were awesome! (Except for the part when Toothless and Hiccup are going on a stroll downtown and bump into Astrid and Hiccup kept saying "Hi, Astrid." 3 times. That was wierd.) 2( The action sequences, cinematography, animation and orchastral music were awesome! And 3( It has a message about trusting your instincs, loving one another and standing up for what's right.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNicky12345 August 18, 2014

best kids movie ever

great kids movie, only one minor not even a sex scene in which Astrid falls on Hiccup.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 August 10, 2014

WORST BOOK TO FILM EVER.

Being a die hard fan of the books, I walked out of the cinema with tears in my eyes. From Toothless to the entire backstory, everything has been Americanised (ok) but also ruined (boo). Worst film of 2010. Don't see it. You may notice the innapropriate mark on this. DREAMWORKS HAS NO RIGHT TO CORRUPT AND POISON THE MINDS OF CHILDREN. HOW DARE THEY RUNI PERHAPS THE BEST CHILDREN'S BOOK SERIES OF ALL TIME! The LOTR and Hobbit films were great book-film adaptions, but I am sending a letter to DreamWorks to complain about this (pauses) dragon dung...