All member reviews for Hustle & Flow

This movie is for adults only.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Adult Written bySonia Montejano April 9, 2008

"Keep hustlin..." and find another movie

The movie tries hard to be philosophical and humane, and in some ways, it succeeds. Great acting by Howard actually draws sympathy and makes you cheer for the pimp by the end (who woulda thunk?)but the movie is still so gritty and raw (along with the script) you might wish you hadn't seen it. And after watching 2 hours of sweaty, sticky hoes and pimps, the only thing you leave with is a catchy song and the feeling that you need to take a shower. and by the way, this movie is definitely NOT for kids...
Adult Written byantidonnie April 9, 2008

Adult Written byflurbnurblia April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn October 14, 2011

This hard hitting and gritty movie is definitely not for kids.

Hustle and Flow shocked the living daylights out of viewers and audience members worldwide when in early 2006, it won the Academy Awards for Best Original Song for "It's Hard out here for a Pimp" Now, I know that this was quiet a while ago, already, but I still can't but feel surprised. Not because I didn't like it. I loved it. And not because I didn't think that the song deserved to win. It did, because it's a great song. It's just that, even though 8 Mile won Eminem a Academy Award of "Lose Yourself" in 2003, I still couldn't believe that the suck up Oscar officials would actually recognize talent like this, and I am thankful that they did. But, parents be warned, this is a hard R: There is lot's and lot's of strong profanity including many uses of F-ck, Sh-t, D-mn, H-ll, G-dd-mn, C-nt and more. Also, there is the constant theme of prostitution, because the main character is a pimp, and he is surrounded by them throughout the movie, including one very graphic scene in a strip club early on in the movie which displays lot's of bare buttocks and breasts. Also, there is plenty of drug use, where many people smoke marijuana and the main character occasionally also deals weed to customers. Finally,there is infrequent but very strong violence including a brutal beating and shootout at the end of the movie, which amounts in a lot of neighborhood chaos. Well, this Oscar winning movie is certainly not for everyone, but if you can take the mature subject matter, than enjoy
Parent of a 11 year old Written byjsharpe October 17, 2009

LANGUAGE IS RAW SO IS THE CONTENT
Adult Written byantidon2000 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bydylan is my name April 9, 2008

i loved this movie!!!!!!!!!

it was a great movie.i loved it alot.great stuff.great songs.cool actors.alltogether great.i want everyone to see it.not okay for kids but it's still great -dylan I.young lil illen dylanda mancool dudebestreviewerforkidsi rule45.