All member reviews for I Am Sam

Teen, 17 years old Written byHolyfire November 18, 2009

i love this movie cos of the message it passes across to everyone.it is a movie that teaches parents to love and create time for their children and all cost.it teaches love (healty)and the power of true friendship
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovieboss August 18, 2011

I was moved two blocks.

Full of good messages... and bad language. A moving film, too. Will teach kids about the hardships of actually being retarded. One use of f--k and multiple uses of god---n. For those who are dating, this is an absolute date movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byiamseanpenn May 15, 2011

favorite movie

favorite movie. I cried so much in this movie. He is such a great actor.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCranberryGirl December 28, 2013

I Am Sam

I absolutely loved this movie. It was a sentimental tear-jerker, and just heartwarming and everything like that. I would definitely recommend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy23 June 16, 2011

i am sam is an obvious, but lovely film.

i am sam is certainly a good film. The movie showcases Sean Penn and Michelle Pfeiffer at the top of their games. Dakota Fanning also gives a warm performance. Although dramatically obvious and full of cliche', it will still tug those tears right out of your eyes. Note to parents: A fine film, but there is plenty of curses here, plus Sam's disability may be too intense for younger kids to handle. Even some teens might not be able to handle it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykelsey805 April 18, 2011

great movie!! :)

so i personally think this movie is FANTASTIC, although i'm not to crazy about the language, it's still a great movie, and if you can look past that then well that's good. also it is very emotional so b/c of the language and the fact that it's emotional, i wouldn't recommend watching it with younger kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBob. jk my name... November 2, 2010

Commonsensemedia FAILS!

I can't believe how common sense media missed the consumerism! Product placement is everywhere! They talk about how iHop is the best, He buys "Huggies" diapers (Que zoom in on label), He works at STARBUCKS, (Zooms in on every starbucks logo in the store, talk about how everything in starbucks is a good tasty choice) I've only seen a small bit of this movie so far, but the consumerism is DEFINITELY noticeable! The reviewers really messed up on this one!
Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist December 19, 2009

Awesome movie. Language may be too mature for kids

This movie brought me to tears. Sean Penn is such a great actor; everyone in that movie did a wonderful job.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 April 17, 2009

Extremely good movie

Sean Penn gives THE BEST male performance besides Eastwood in Gran Torino I've ever seen, and the plot is absolutely magical and works well with each actor's talents.
Kid, 11 years old March 29, 2009

absolutly amazing

this is a sweet, heart warming film, with an amzing cast and phonomonal acting! the language is pretty heavy, but teens will understand the content.