All member reviews for I Don't Know How She Does It

Frantic working mom tale doesn't have much teen appeal.

Parent Written byJohnnyT January 14, 2012

I Don't Know How She Does It! WONDERFUL MOVIE

I honestly think "I Don't Know How She Does It" is a wonderful movie! From my review I would say children and young teens would be bored from this movie. But overall it is a wonderful movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byVeronique148 February 15, 2012

hmmph

This movie is okay.Has some touching moments.If you want a random movie when nothing else is on this one will do.Deff something you dont watch everyday cause it will get annoying.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylittlemonster98 January 14, 2012

Funny movie!!!! Ok for kids! Kind of boring though...

I think parents will appriciate this movie more than kids will...but if kids want to see it, let them. This movie is pretty funny without being too raunchy....good choice for date night!!!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byJill Murphy January 9, 2012

I wanted to like this but...

For an issue that is so relevant to today's working mom's, I was disappointed at the quality of the movie. The faux-interviews and talking to the camera/audience made no sense, were never explained, and certainly didn't enhance the movie. There isn't enough about kids and the family itself to even make this interesting for younger kids, which is why I have 17+.
Parent Written byreddiapermom September 27, 2011

Watch, then ask your teens how they feel about working moms.

For mid-teens and up, this movie has some strong starting points for conversation about family, working moms and sexual stereotypes. Is Kate, the mom in the movie, a good mom? What do kids think of working moms? Does this make them want to work outside the home? And I love the teen reviewer's comment below...how do they feel about her flirtation with her male co-worker? I am hoping to get my 14-year-old-daughter to watch...she follows fashion and thus is already a Sarah Jessica Parker fan. I think many teenage girls may also have formed some opinions about the work/mom balance just by watching their own moms and may be more interested in the movie than most adults would think. I'd love it if teen boys would give these issues a think, but that may be hoping for too much. That's a shame, because these are really important issues for every family that normally get no consideration at all in the movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybonesfan101 September 17, 2011

not as good as i expected