All member reviews for I Know What You Did Last Summer

This horror movie is too intense for kids.

Adult Written by90210fan February 1, 2011

Love it not real bad compared to. The new scary movies
Adult Written bydrymarc67 April 9, 2008

Parent Written byBishop Loves Gir October 18, 2011

A legendary Movie!

yes this movie is violent but kids have seen worse.Cursing is what you really have to worry about.You barely see the characters be killed and its brief and a little scary.some jump-out-of-your-seat moments but its a really fun and good movie you will love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykadoodal April 9, 2008

awesome

it was awesome
Adult Written bywonder dove November 9, 2012

4 stars out of 5!!!

This is probably one of the tamer horror films that are more appropriate for younger 15+ teens. '90's movies are the best - wish they still made them this way! This one is fun and scary but not over-the-top gruesome. Four best friends go wild after graduation and one of them drinks a little too much, causing a car ride to spiral out of control and accidentally hitting a man. Disturbed and confused, one member decides to throw the body into the sea to avoid going to jail and ruining their future. Each agrees even though they are not aware that the man is still alive - only to come back a year later for revenge. There are plenty of scary scenes, especially the chase scene. Quite a bit of violence, like any horror (stabbings, car chase, getting hooked, being terrorized with notes, a body with bugs is found in a car trunk...etc). Sexual content is minimal - There is some making out on a beach, mild sex talk, brief comment about breasts. Language isn't as bad or frequent as today's films...the occasional "f" word, sh*t, d@mn, @sshole. Some drinking by teens in the beginning. The sequel is also pretty good but a lot more violent and gory. This one gets a 4/5 from me!!
Adult Written byPlatypus123 June 16, 2015

Some bloody violence and profanity nothing to bad
Teen, 14 years old Written byMassa007 August 20, 2014

Horror

It is very explicit in the language they use. This is sex talk and swearing. It is quite graphic with some killing scenes. For kids under 15, depending on what the child is like, there are a lot of jump scares! For me personally, I didn't find it too scary, but did jump once or twice at sudden scenes.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykylemcloughlin123 March 20, 2014

my review on i know what you did last summer

i think i know what you did last summer is a truly good and scary film that is innappropriate for kids under the age of 14
Adult Written bySwiftyROCKS097 September 4, 2012

Descent but does the book little good:I

I saw this movie for the first time when I was 15(Male). This movie was very bloody and violent. I jumped multiple times. It was very graphic when the Fisherman cut his victims with a fishing hook(spewn blood shown) I did not think the movie did the book much good
Kid, 12 years old September 3, 2012

not so great

This movie was ok, but not great.I thought there was a LOT of pointless violence
Teen, 13 years old Written byLivieboo June 15, 2012

Great movie !

This movie was awesome ! And at the end it leaves you wondering about what's gonna happen to Julie, I can't wait to see I Still Know What You Did Last Summer !
Parent Written by@@@ December 16, 2011

Disappointing

I wish it was "intense," but this film didn't scare me. Don't worry, it isn't that violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 13, 2011

NOT BAD AT ALL.

CSM OS OVERBOARD AGAINI HAVE SEEN ALL THE MOVIES IN THE I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUM,ER SERIES AND THIS IS ETREMELY TAME NOT EVEN INTENSE AT ALL THE ENDING PART WHERE THE KILLER CHASES TWO. TEENAGERS AROUND THE BOAT IS SOMEWHAT INTENSE BUT WILL ONLY SCARE CHILDREN UNDER 8 OTHERWISE THE ENTIRE MOVIE IS CALM IT DISSAPOINTED ME GREATLY THE BLOOD LOOKS REALLY UNREALISTIC AND THE KILL SCENES ARE VERY CHOPPY AND QUICK YOU ONLY SEE THE BLADE GOING UP AND DOWN AND A BIT OF CHEESY BLOOD SPLATTER EVEN A THREE YEAR OLD WOULD NOT FIND FROGHTENING.VERY GREAT MOVIE NOT AS GOOD AS FRIDAY THE 13th OR SCREAM THOUGH.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGracierules December 4, 2011

Good movie!!

I'm only 14, but this movie didn't really scare me. There were some tense moments, but other than that it was your regular scary movie with so-so acting. There was also a lot of alchol drinking, and seeing as they are just graduating highschool, is illegal. :/
Teen, 15 years old Written bytwilightluver7689 January 30, 2011

Freaky & Suspenseful

I read the book first, and the movie is mostly the same, just not as good (in my opinion), but then again movies usually aren't as good as the book. Anyways, this movie was pretty good, defiantly better than I expected, and the ending made me scream out loud and jump back in my seat. Okay for older teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilyB123 July 27, 2010

The visual effects aren't very good. The acting is OK, but I've seen it all before in a slasher movie. It wasn't very entertaining.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySACYUC May 5, 2010

VERY GOOD HORROR FILM. ONE OF MY FAVORITES!
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2009

AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With a interesting story line, the makers of this movie have combined a kind of scary movie with a mysterious movie. You think you know what happened but you really don't. This movie will make you want to watch the whole thing the whole way through. You'll never get bored and will keep you on thre edge of your seat.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybradley4846 September 4, 2009

Not as good as the Book

This was nothing like the book, but it was still a great movie. This movie contains 10-15 f-words (really only in first half)and other PG-13 words. There is drinking at the beginning, and the role models are extremly bad. This whole movie revolves around violence. But i have to say its not as gory as everyone is saying. Yea, there is blood. But nothing compared to MIRRORS.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybandgeek03 February 11, 2009

Really gorey

I agree, this movie is really intense and really, really, gorey.