All member reviews for I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

Typical Sandler comedy overflows with stereotypes.

Adult Written bywijopa April 9, 2008

Offensive Gay Pandering

Took my wife and 13 y.o. daughter to see this movie. Two complaints. First, the sex scenes, such as Adam Sandler's breast fondling and the babes in the bedroom, are not appropriate for a 13 y.o. I got no problem with that in an R rated movie, but not PG-13. I would never have taken my daughter to see this movie had I known. Second, the moralizing about gay tolerance at the end was pure pandering to get the rating changed from R to PG-13. Guess you can have all the "faggot" jokes and gay stereotypes you want as long as you redeem yourself in the end. Too transparent. I think many gays will be offended by that.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirecterdude123 April 9, 2008

ummmmmmmm?

Well this movie is really not very good for kids because kids under 13 would most likly not understand the humer that it has in it. This makes fun of gays and also has lots of other sterio types. I think it would be ok for kids 15+
Adult Written byana.miles April 9, 2008

I never knew Adam Sandler was a misogynist

I took my 13 year old daughter and her friend to this movie, having no idea how poorly women were represented. Every woman in the movie is a protrayed as sex slaves, unable to control themselves around Adam Sandler, even the 60 year old Russian babysitter, his doctor, and eventually his attorney. I was particularly disturbed by the way the professional women were depicted. It's great to see women role models such as Doctors and Attorneys, but in the end they were just as slutty as all the other women in the movie. I was disappointed that your website made no mention of the treatment of women in this movie. Instead, it focused soley on the treatment of homosexuals and obese people. It appears that the woman's perspective is lacking in your reviews.

Funny Funny Funny

Adam Sandler is one of the funniest men ever, in this movie he plays the role of a man who's life is saved by another man in the same job (Firefighter), in return he pretends to be gay and marrys Larry, leading to hilarious consequences Parents should be aware that this film is full of sexual humor and is not suitable for everybody, there is a lot of explict language in there and there is a scene of non-explict nudity. Most people have a bad mouth throughout this film. Chuck also receives several packages marked "explict" and other sexual items. There is also a scene where to woman (sisters) are going to kiss each other.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAge appropriate guid August 22, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 21, 2015

Juvenile raunchy humor in sandler/James buddy comedy

My rating:15+ Comic violence,adult content,crude language
Teen, 16 years old Written byMarauders December 31, 2012

Is it good?

Teen, 14 years old Written byAnimeGirl-Nikki January 26, 2011

Only for diehard Sandler fans

Well, it's Adam Sandler, so that ought to tell you something right off the bat. The movie's chock full of crude stereotypes and sex jokes. Once you get past all of that, however, the messages of the movie get through fairly clearly- acceptance, sticking together with friends and family, etc. If you're a Sandler fan, pick this up. If you don't mind some pretty lowbrow comedy, you might enjoy this. If you don't like watching homosexuals, fat people, or women portrayed in a stereotypical manner, then skip this flick.
Adult Written bylindatphxaz April 9, 2008

Adults ONLY!!

DEFINITELY not a movie for children. ADULT movie.
Adult Written byaj94 December 22, 2016

Offensive to Just About Everyone

This movie tries to be progressive, open-minded and pro-gay while simultaneously having pretty much having only one actually gay character in the entire movie. It's a misguided attempt about supporting the LGBT community while not actually writing a story about LGBT people. On top of that, this movie features jokes that are sexist, racist, and fat-phobic. There is scene in which Rob Schneider plays a minister while dressed in yellow-face. It is racist and uncomfortable, especially for a movie that came out in 2007. It's a movie that tried to be full of it heart but it ultimately misses the mark and ends up being an unfunny mess that never really figured out what it was trying to say. Rated 17+ for course language, racism, sexual situations, and partial nudity.
Teen, 17 years old Written byiiRevieW December 12, 2015

Disgusting, crude, and flat out wierd

listen I'm not a homophobic but this movie was flat out wierd. It had lot of crude sexual content and references. Although this is an Adam sander comedy what do you expect. Honestly if your kid is not gay and you don't want them to be gay don't let them watch this movie it will just influence them. If your child wants to see an Adam sander movie let him or her watch bedtime stories it's an fun and imaginative film by Disney.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNvG Nick December 8, 2015

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry Review

A very funny Sandler/James movie. Some swearing (including faggot/fag) and sex, but never the less a great film that's a must see for Sandler fans.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydeath way September 3, 2014

uneven forgettable sandler movie has lots of sex jokes

14 and up
Adult Written byUseSomeLogic August 24, 2014

C'mon People

Are you people serious? It's definitely not the best movie, but you people are reading too much into it. Adam Sandler is supposed to be a creep, a jerk, and a misogynist. Sandler is played out to be a horrible person, which is mentioned several times through the movie. Sandler also uses homosexual slurs which is supposed to bring out the theme of equality in the way that his character matures throughout the movie. This isn't a deep movie and it's not meant to be looked into like you've all been doing. If there is anything to be looked into it's the fact that anybody can understand equal rights.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 October 13, 2011

Crazy Comedy is Funny

Crazy comedy is funny, but can be harsh in some places.
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2010
Kid, 11 years old June 11, 2009

it was super funny, loved it

i watched this movie and it was hilarious. Some people on this website are way too sensitive about movies. there was maybe one bad part but thats it.that was a hilarious movie.
Adult Written byJJT May 28, 2009

It would be okay or at least 11 year-olds

Thi movie seems to be okay.Besides the part when the people were protesting the gay guys put one guy paid the price.Jessica Beil is pretty good looking
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrownie1234 March 19, 2009

OMG it had something disterbing

it was the werdest thing i EVER saw it was talking about being gay the langwich is a littel dirty
Kid, 12 years old December 22, 2008

FUNNY!!

very funny!!! luved it!!!