All teen and kid member reviews for I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

Teen, 14 years old Written byAnimeGirl-Nikki January 26, 2011

Only for diehard Sandler fans

Well, it's Adam Sandler, so that ought to tell you something right off the bat. The movie's chock full of crude stereotypes and sex jokes. Once you get past all of that, however, the messages of the movie get through fairly clearly- acceptance, sticking together with friends and family, etc. If you're a Sandler fan, pick this up. If you don't mind some pretty lowbrow comedy, you might enjoy this. If you don't like watching homosexuals, fat people, or women portrayed in a stereotypical manner, then skip this flick.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAge appropriate guid August 22, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 21, 2015

Juvenile raunchy humor in sandler/James buddy comedy

My rating:15+ Comic violence,adult content,crude language
Teen, 14 years old Written bydeath way September 3, 2014

uneven forgettable sandler movie has lots of sex jokes

14 and up
Teen, 16 years old Written byMarauders December 31, 2012

Is it good?

Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 October 13, 2011

Crazy Comedy is Funny

Crazy comedy is funny, but can be harsh in some places.
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2010

Kid, 11 years old June 11, 2009

it was super funny, loved it

i watched this movie and it was hilarious. Some people on this website are way too sensitive about movies. there was maybe one bad part but thats it.that was a hilarious movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrownie1234 March 19, 2009

OMG it had something disterbing

it was the werdest thing i EVER saw it was talking about being gay the langwich is a littel dirty
Kid, 12 years old December 22, 2008

FUNNY!!

very funny!!! luved it!!!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

I love it!

There are to many people out there who just love critizizing Adam Sandler! Don't get me wrong in past movies like i said he has been halarious but there's been no point (as in Click.) However I really liked this because it was halarious but also because it had a great message. It was that watever race we are that has nothing to do as who we are as people. Not only that but it shows that friends will do anything for each other, even if it means being made fun of because you're gay. What's a homo? If you know the answer to that question then you must see Chuck and Larry!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirecterdude123 April 9, 2008

ummmmmmmm?

Well this movie is really not very good for kids because kids under 13 would most likly not understand the humer that it has in it. This makes fun of gays and also has lots of other sterio types. I think it would be ok for kids 15+
Teen, 13 years old Written bybethlovesmaltese April 9, 2008

horrible

no one sould see the movie

Funny Funny Funny

Adam Sandler is one of the funniest men ever, in this movie he plays the role of a man who's life is saved by another man in the same job (Firefighter), in return he pretends to be gay and marrys Larry, leading to hilarious consequences Parents should be aware that this film is full of sexual humor and is not suitable for everybody, there is a lot of explict language in there and there is a scene of non-explict nudity. Most people have a bad mouth throughout this film. Chuck also receives several packages marked "explict" and other sexual items. There is also a scene where to woman (sisters) are going to kiss each other.

awsome

go see this movie with the whole family
Teen, 14 years old Written byjennykraige7 April 9, 2008

awesomely funny

Iffy parts I found I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry to be very funny. As far as the stereotypes, I do agree that there was a message to making fun of the gays and lesbians which is nice but we were learning nothing by having them stereotype a bunch of other people. I also believe the Biel/Sandler feely touchy scene was unnecessary and not really funny. I was watching this with my mom and didn't feel uncomfortable but I also didn't find it so hilarious or realistic (not saying it wouldn't happen but usually won't). good Now I mentioned that there is a point to making fun of gays and lesbians, and I suppose also to Sandler being a womanizer because he learns that that is not real happiness, that although fun when true love comes along fun doesn't even compare. It teaches us to be tolerant, as I'm sure we've already heard, and to add to that, unlike many, I found it to be incredibly hilarious, more than having a meaning I believe this movie was meant to be comedic, which it was, but not oh so completely stupid that it was pointless like Epic Movie, which although (very) funny had nothing else to it. There are other lessons which you can read about briefly in the csm review.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjohnmcclane April 9, 2008

I thought it was funny, and it's one of my favourite Adam Sandler comedies so dar. If you do let your kids watch it, expect jokes about prostitution, homosexuality, fat jokes and a blow up doll which happens to be a sex object. Other than that have fun and enjoy if you do watch it.

it wasoo funny i cried!!

i now pronounce you chuck and larry is a great movie for kids 10 and upon my behaf i am a very mature 11 year old and i got the movie however my little brother didnt. you laugh in this movie which is good the message is hard2 find but findable it is a good movie you should wach but again know your kids!!

This movie was good, and it was funny in parts, but it wasn't as funny as i thought it would be!
Teen, 15 years old Written byGello April 9, 2008

Funny, yes, but not for the young ones.

I went to see this movie with my girlfriend the exact day it came out. It contains a lot of stereotypes, from gay, to fat, to asian. It is indeed a funny movie but very offensive if you don't take jokes too well. Maybe because none of the stereotypes applied to me. But it was a good movie. It di have some sort of message but it was lost in the humor. If you love Adam Sandler films, and you are able to understand wat is a joke and what's not, then this is a good movie to see. If you are quick to find offense to crude and offensive jokes then this is probably not a good choice. I would have to agree with the age recommendation of 15+. I am 15 and my girlfriend is 16 and we enjoyed his movie. But I wouldn't recommend it to younger teens and definitely not for kids.