All member reviews for I, Robot

Will Smith almost redeems generic man vs. machine actioner.

Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2009

Amazing Action Pic but has Swearing Throughout.

This movie with will smith is a winner! This movie has great special effects, acting and amazing storytelling. The worst issue is swearing but I Tell you, Will Smith swears GOOD! The violence is very stylized and has a lot of kicking, punching and fighting. There are some gun fights but there is no blood. probably the most bloody seene is when they show the creator of the robots dead in the middle of a building ( an apperant sucide). This movie I would say for eleven year olds and older, no less. Great FILM!
Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2010

good for tweens and up.

LOVED this movie! lots of action. and the semi creepiness of this movie was cool. my only concern was the small amount of language in this movie, but other than that it was AWESOME!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykellipetrelli November 11, 2010

Good for tweens

I liked how the characters bonded and worked together and how the movie played out. It is an interesting concept, seeing that is slowly turning into this. Robots are replacing most simple machines and this may just be what the world comes to. Ralistic Idea if you really think about it.
Adult Written byjoseboy6799 August 13, 2012

i robot

cool film, saw a pirate copy from a hoiliday resort so u kept seing people walking at the bottem of the screen. place is called tregongeeves hoiliday cottages. overall a good tweens film but occasionly strong language and strong violence. mild sex references
Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

great movie a real classic

very good will smith movie you could call it classic lots of action and drama mild violence worth watching and buying 12 and over for the drama
Adult Written bystan April 9, 2008

I liked it, but...

I talked my wife into going to this movie with our 5 yr. girl & 7 yr. boy First ten minutes of the movie I was thinking I should have left the kids home. Language was the big issue. The brief nudity is not a big deal. There is violence and death issues. We have talked to our kids about death and violence, but still feel this movie might have been too much for them to handle....The movie is very good. Effects are great.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byMr. Boxbox April 9, 2008

5-stars

An amazing sci fi film. One of the best I have ever seen. There is no sexual content at all but the violence is pretty intense so i think 13 or 14+ should be ok.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 26, 2009

A MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a very good and entertaining movie. A MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion January 10, 2009

An Engaging and Thoughtful Thriller!

I, ROBOT is well worth seeing. It promotes much thought and discussion and has an intriguing plot, plus great acting and special effects. But can your kids see it? Sex is minor, with one very mild innuendo and two three-second scenes where you see Will Smith and his girlfriend in the shower (seperately). His backside is barely visible and steam covers everything but her shoulders and head. Language is constant "s**t" is used at least a dozen times and there are heavy uses of "d**n", "a*s" and "SOBs" too. There are big bangs, clashes, explosions, and gunfights, but the only gore is some bloody scrapes on Will Smith (once he briefly spits out blood). There is a very tense scene where a young girl and Will Smith are seen in a car sinking in a lake, and a robot saves Will Smith instead of her (setting into motion his hatred of robots). This is a great film, and fine fare for teenagers and adults.
Adult Written byHaloFreak123 April 9, 2008
Parent Written byeddieandj February 20, 2015
Adult Written byshannon x October 1, 2010
i think this is fine, my little brother had watched it and he is and no issues there i just think that milder kids should be caustioned but its relatively fine and we can t wrap kids in cotton wall there gonna seee swearing everywhere we cant stop it so i think this is a excellent film for all ages except under 5's cause they could get slightly scared
Adult Written byGeorgeman April 9, 2008

Cool

12 an up good movie with good action I highly recamend it. But there is a backend of man in a distance and the f-word some of you mayhave noticed was said.
Adult Written byfivebewe April 9, 2008

Will is great; dumb story line

I love Will Smith...he was his usual great self in this one...but I thought the overall story was a dud. The robot-chasing-the-car was over-kill. I left mildly entertained, but would not recommend it to anyone as a GREAT movie.It is one I'd let my kids see (13 and 16); there were really few "disturbing" elements. A few tense moments when the robots take over Chicago, but its short-lived and kinda dumb.I'll be glad to see Will in another role like "Enemy of the State." THAT is a nail biter!!
Parent Written byPlague January 25, 2010

I, Robot

An outstanding Will Smith movie. Great action will no gore but very little blood. Intense human vs. robot fighting scenes that make this movie that much better,
Adult Written byPapaBarrer April 9, 2008

Not for the Younguns!

Good action movie - Will Smith is great! His budding acceptance of Sonny is a good subplot. R rating for violence and language, but I'd let my 14-year old watch it without my thumb on the remote.
Adult Written byJoe100 April 9, 2008

A great action movie

This was highly entertaining. The action is great as is Will Smith's performance. Even if people don't rate it as highly as I do this should entertain anyone and it's fine for teens of 12 and above. To be honest this is just a pure and simple special effects/action popcorn muncher and any bore who's not satisfied should stick to Big brother or something.
Adult Written bygreen_goblin May 8, 2009

It's OK for preteens, really.

It had a lot of product placements, but I didn't care. But they may concern others. The film was more suspenseful/scary than violent
Adult Written byaznwitchgal April 9, 2008
Adult Written byCastellanos June 29, 2009

Entertaining, Will Smith Action Movie

I, Robot is very different than the book. If you go to this movie expecting a paper-to-screen transformation, you'll be disappointed in that aspect. However, that is probably the only aspect of this movie you could be disappointed by. Will Smith is a superb actor and the director creates a realistic future world. The plot develops through the movie and builds up to a satisfying finale. If you're in the mood for a PG-13, Sci-fi, action movie, this one of the best. Parents should know that I, Robot has a lot of action violence, mostly involving robots v.s. humans where robots are torn to bits and humans are thrown about, however it is almost all bloodless though. There is PG-13 swearing (s**ts, a*shole, jacka*s) and a side profile of a naked will smith (nothing visible).