All member reviews for Ice Age: Continental Drift

Prehistoric pals hit the seas for an exciting adventure.

Parent Written byALM123 July 18, 2012

okay for some 4 year olds

I took my 4 year old daughter, and she enjoyed the movie. Some of the dialouge is a bit above a 4 year old's understanding, and some children might find the images of the sirens a bit disturbing, but no scarier than most Disney villians, which are often seen in G rated movies. The movie was not great for adults, but the children in the theater seemed to enjoy it.
Parent Written byDogs1995 August 15, 2012

Keeps the series going

Good message
Parent of a 8 year old Written byParentof1 January 18, 2015

constant insults

Although the movie has a positive message it's hard to see through all the insults, which I found to be way worse in this one than the previous ice age movie. If you let your child watch this movie I would suggest watching it with them so you can help point out the inappropriate comments that are made.
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd December 17, 2012

3rd best in the ice age series

not as good as the original ice age that started it all or ice age dawn of the dinosaurs but better than ice age 2 the meltdown
Kid, 9 years old July 25, 2012

Violence and language!!!

There is plenty of cartoon violence and some use of the word "cr-p".
Teen, 14 years old Written bymrbookworm01 July 22, 2012

Not the best, but still pretty good

I went to see this movie and it's pretty good. But I think it's the weakest movie in the Ice Age series. The humor's a bit stale, the plot's not very interesting, and the main characters have lost some of their charm from the other movies. But the movie does have some good humor and the new character Granny is hilarious. OK for kids 6+. Educational: The movie might spark an interest in prehistoric animals in some kids. Violence: The same slapstick violence as in the previous movies. Some mild peril and some creepy villians, but nobody gets hurt. Sex: Some mild flirting between characters and one mildly suggestive message. Consumerism: Part of the Ice Age series and has lots of merchandise for sale, including a video game.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOGORMAN July 16, 2012

The best of the best out of all the Ice Age movies! :)

Ice Age: Continental Drift is the perfect family movie for ALL ages. When I went to it in theaters with my family my sister (12) and I were easily the oldest children/teens there, but we laughed twice as hard as anyone else, as did my parents. The humor was easy for young children to understand while still being funny for older kids and adults as well. As in every other Ice Age movie, Manny, Diego, and Sid get separated from the herd yet again in their latest escapade, only this time Sid's Grandma (Wanda Sykes) has managed to tag along. :) Grandma is easily the funniest character in the whole film! Every word out of her mouth will have audiences rolling with laughter. The only thing that would scare kids would most likely be Captain Gutt, as he tells a story of how he got his name and also the characteristics he carries (he is a very ruthless and uncaring captain). This is a kids movie so there is no horrible sexual content other than a little sweet flirting between Diego and Shira, as well as when the group encounters Sirens (they transform into the person/thing you love most in order to lure you to them, and who appears for who is quite hilarious). Peaches (Keke Palmer) and her friend Louis (Josh Gad) are great friends, and then Peaches develops a crush on cool mammoth Ethan (Drake, yeah the rapper) which threatens to crush her friendship with Louis. But fear not, everything turns out all right in the end! With an All-Star cast featuring (aside from the regulars): Peter Dinklage, Jennifer Lopez, Nicki Minaj, Heather Morris, Kunal Nayyar, Josh Peck, Sean William Scott, and many others... This movie is a surefire hit!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhwatts July 23, 2012

A must-see for the entire family!

The other night, we watched Ice Age: Continental Drift. It was awesome! We really enjoyed it! Its a great family movie! There are a few violence scenes in the movie, but not a lot. I think it would be more appropriate for ages 5+. The movie has a lot of positive messages including: respect your parents, trust in others, and never give up. All-in-all, it was an amazing movie! It was very cute and hilarious!
Parent Written byLia K. September 11, 2016

stopped watching due to extreme sexism

I started watching with my 5 year old and had to turn it off because too sexual, sexist and violent. The first 20 minutes of the show consisted of the central parental characters repeatedly saying that girls must be kept away from boys and a lot of very mature innuendo about sex and drugs. The plot seems to surround a teen girl wanting to go see a "hot boy" (her words) and her parents needing to stop her. Also in the first 20 minutes there is and animal threatening to eat another animal and another character is abandoned by his parents.
Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2016

Hilarious ice age movie is the best of the series

Ice age continental drift is a pleasant treat for kids and adults- me and my mom and dad laughed so hard. The grandmother was especially phenomenal but it wasn't just her that was phenomenal- it was the whole cast. The animation was spot on- the grandmother was absolutely hilarious- overall the movie is outstanding- there are some scary scenes but it is usually nothing compared to scary movies. I recommend this movie to anyone. I even think 1 and 2 year olds could watch this. It's just so outstanding.
Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2016

A little for the chicos or chicas

I think it's perfect for little kids.It has life lessons in it.Like about family.People should learn that Family is all about love.
Kid, 11 years old June 6, 2015

It's not the best of the Ice Age franchise, but still funny.

It's good because of the humor, message, and story. The bad thing in this movie is a scene involving Sid the sloth saying, "Holy Crab!" which actually means,"Holy Cr@p!". It's not going to beat the third Ice Age, but it's still funny.
Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2015

HILARIOUS! I'm tied between Ice Age 3 and 4!

This is hilarious! Will have your whole family laughing! Caption Gut is SUPER funny, but can be scary at times. There are scary parts when they are on the ice burg and there are monsters pretending to be others. Some violence. Manny is a great role model, never gives up!
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2015

Kinda Scary

This movie was very enjoyed by my large family, but my two younger siblings were freaked out by the pirates. I didn't care and my parents didn't, but the pirates had scary voices and antics. The message is excellent though.
Kid, 9 years old June 17, 2013

Don't miss this movie.

The movie star is willing to sacrifice his life to save his friends. He likes adventures.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimonBerkowitz June 16, 2013

Eh... I like it.

My Opinion: In my opinion, I think that this is probably the weakest of the franchise. There was too much recycling done from the past films, the newer characters are really lame (except for Sid's grandma, who is absolutely hilarious), and the subplot with Peaches wanting to join the "cool" group is so unbearable to pay attention to, that I want to claw out my eyes and ears. However, the jokes are hilarious (a lot of it comes from Sid's grandma), the animation is impressive, Scrat is still pretty fun, and I guess there was a couple of times when I was biting my nails with anticipation. Educational value: The film is about Pangaea (the Continental Drift), which may tell one or two things to children, but don't watch it for education. The movie says it was caused by Scrat, falling into Earth's core (without incinerating or getting crushed by great pressure at all), running around in it, and that somehow caused the continents to split. Positive role models: Manny will stop at NOTHING to get back to his beloved family. Violence and scariness: Of course, some cartoonish violence from Scrat; Captain Gutt is named Gutt, because he uses his claws to maul people to death; some of the pirates may look creepy to younger kids; a couple of gripping scenes where favorite characters have near-death experiences; during Manny, Sid, Diego, and Granny's journey back home, they are attacked by very scary-looking sirens, that take the form of the gang's desires, to lure them over, so they can kill them; Scrat also has an encounter with the sirens, and he almost dies, as well; the sirens make one final appearance in the end, where the trick Captain Gutt into coming to them. He falls for it, and they presumably eat him (off screen). Sex: Well, it's an Ice Age movie, so you know for sure that there will be plenty of sex jokes to go around. Also, in order to lure Sid and his grandma to them, the sirens take the forms of super sexy sloths. Granny's siren closely resembles Fabio. Consumerism: Keep in mind that the Ice Age films are one of the highest-grossing franchises in the world. After seeing the film, kids would most likely want to buy Ice Age video games and figure sets, as seen in stores.
Teen, 13 years old Written byemcfa3000 May 27, 2013

OK

Alright, the reason I put it 2 stars is because I just reviewed diary of a wimpy kid dog days 3 stars and this wasn't as good really I would say 3 stars for this one and 4 for the latter. Not as good as the rest but suitable for everyone.
Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2013

Ice Age 4

This movie was really good to watch! There was a good plot and lots of funny moments (e.g. The sirens transforming into different characters, The beginning when the squirrel gets an acorn, The ending with Scratlantis, etc.).There was some educational value since it showed different species of prehistoric species and would give little kids somewhat an idea of what happened. The family was incredibly loving and it was so sweet when they finally got a chance to rejoice together. Even though this movie was targeted toward a younger audience, me and my friends found it pretty funny and cool!
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2012

decent

i am 11 years old and i find this movie to be boring. but i think children ages 5 to 8 would be entertained.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMidnighterCooper December 23, 2012

Great movie, yet younger kids may not understand some points.

This Ice Age would make a great family movie. However, there may be some scenes that may freak out or confuse some little kids. Overall, this movie is the best!