All member reviews for Ice Age: Continental Drift

Prehistoric pals hit the seas for an exciting adventure.

Adult Written byTrami Nguyen July 13, 2012

Ice Age 4 is perfect!

I like this movie!
Teen, 16 years old Written byGabywazhere July 30, 2012

Great movie for me and my family!

I think it was a GREAT movie for me and my kids to watch!(AGES:5,7,8-twins)4 in total! It was GREAT !
Kid, 9 years old July 25, 2012

Violence and language!!!

There is plenty of cartoon violence and some use of the word "cr-p".
Parent Written byBig chris December 13, 2012

question

i have a question was this movie meant to entertain kids because my siblings bored stiff and we had to leave the theater mid way feeling like i had waisted their time and mine and my money did anyone eles feel this way? i liked the movie but it just didnt hold their entrest so i think ts a pass on this one ps they loved the other ice age movies
Parent Written bywood12piper August 17, 2012

Questionable for little ones

Looking for something to do on vacation, I gave in and took my 4 1/2 yr old to see this movie. She seemed to enjoy it but had some questions about the earth movement scenes. Scared her a bit but she wasn't adversely affected that I can tell. There were some nice positive messages regarding friendship and family, and there was some humor in the movie. The story, though, was told in typical hollywood kid movie fashion; violence, screaming, and constant near death situations. They worked very hard to make the villan super evil. Even so, the most uncomfortable and dissapointing part of the movie was the numerous use of the word "kill," had to be at least 20 times in some variation. I'll never understand why this is acceptable. Are the writers these days just lazy and unimaginative?
Teen, 14 years old Written bymrbookworm01 July 22, 2012

Not the best, but still pretty good

I went to see this movie and it's pretty good. But I think it's the weakest movie in the Ice Age series. The humor's a bit stale, the plot's not very interesting, and the main characters have lost some of their charm from the other movies. But the movie does have some good humor and the new character Granny is hilarious. OK for kids 6+. Educational: The movie might spark an interest in prehistoric animals in some kids. Violence: The same slapstick violence as in the previous movies. Some mild peril and some creepy villians, but nobody gets hurt. Sex: Some mild flirting between characters and one mildly suggestive message. Consumerism: Part of the Ice Age series and has lots of merchandise for sale, including a video game.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byken_y July 19, 2012

Light entertainment.

Light entertainment. A bit violent, very silly. Cartoon geology may scare younger kids.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOGORMAN July 16, 2012

The best of the best out of all the Ice Age movies! :)

Ice Age: Continental Drift is the perfect family movie for ALL ages. When I went to it in theaters with my family my sister (12) and I were easily the oldest children/teens there, but we laughed twice as hard as anyone else, as did my parents. The humor was easy for young children to understand while still being funny for older kids and adults as well. As in every other Ice Age movie, Manny, Diego, and Sid get separated from the herd yet again in their latest escapade, only this time Sid's Grandma (Wanda Sykes) has managed to tag along. :) Grandma is easily the funniest character in the whole film! Every word out of her mouth will have audiences rolling with laughter. The only thing that would scare kids would most likely be Captain Gutt, as he tells a story of how he got his name and also the characteristics he carries (he is a very ruthless and uncaring captain). This is a kids movie so there is no horrible sexual content other than a little sweet flirting between Diego and Shira, as well as when the group encounters Sirens (they transform into the person/thing you love most in order to lure you to them, and who appears for who is quite hilarious). Peaches (Keke Palmer) and her friend Louis (Josh Gad) are great friends, and then Peaches develops a crush on cool mammoth Ethan (Drake, yeah the rapper) which threatens to crush her friendship with Louis. But fear not, everything turns out all right in the end! With an All-Star cast featuring (aside from the regulars): Peter Dinklage, Jennifer Lopez, Nicki Minaj, Heather Morris, Kunal Nayyar, Josh Peck, Sean William Scott, and many others... This movie is a surefire hit!
Parent Written byNZmamoose July 13, 2012

Positive message but SCARY!

I took my 5 1/2 yr old girl to it and we both enjoyed it. However I wish I'd waited another year or so (I think 7 yrs up would be best). I know she wouldn't have got the positive messages in the movie at her age and think this was the most scary Ice Age out of the lot. She's become scared of monsters since seeing it (the sirens bit was very scary for littlies as they wouldn't grasp what was happening and why their loved ones changed in to monstrous sharp toothed fish trying to eat them). My child is a sensitive soul though, some more sophisticated kids would be OK at 6 yrs. Be ready for younger kids picking up the "name calling" words/ phrases and repeating them with delight. Lots of funny bits for the adults.
Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2015

HILARIOUS! I'm tied between Ice Age 3 and 4!

This is hilarious! Will have your whole family laughing! Caption Gut is SUPER funny, but can be scary at times. There are scary parts when they are on the ice burg and there are monsters pretending to be others. Some violence. Manny is a great role model, never gives up!
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2015

Kinda Scary

This movie was very enjoyed by my large family, but my two younger siblings were freaked out by the pirates. I didn't care and my parents didn't, but the pirates had scary voices and antics. The message is excellent though.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byParentof1 January 18, 2015

constant insults

Although the movie has a positive message it's hard to see through all the insults, which I found to be way worse in this one than the previous ice age movie. If you let your child watch this movie I would suggest watching it with them so you can help point out the inappropriate comments that are made.
Kid, 9 years old June 17, 2013

Don't miss this movie.

The movie star is willing to sacrifice his life to save his friends. He likes adventures.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimonBerkowitz June 16, 2013

Eh... I like it.

My Opinion: In my opinion, I think that this is probably the weakest of the franchise. There was too much recycling done from the past films, the newer characters are really lame (except for Sid's grandma, who is absolutely hilarious), and the subplot with Peaches wanting to join the "cool" group is so unbearable to pay attention to, that I want to claw out my eyes and ears. However, the jokes are hilarious (a lot of it comes from Sid's grandma), the animation is impressive, Scrat is still pretty fun, and I guess there was a couple of times when I was biting my nails with anticipation. Educational value: The film is about Pangaea (the Continental Drift), which may tell one or two things to children, but don't watch it for education. The movie says it was caused by Scrat, falling into Earth's core (without incinerating or getting crushed by great pressure at all), running around in it, and that somehow caused the continents to split. Positive role models: Manny will stop at NOTHING to get back to his beloved family. Violence and scariness: Of course, some cartoonish violence from Scrat; Captain Gutt is named Gutt, because he uses his claws to maul people to death; some of the pirates may look creepy to younger kids; a couple of gripping scenes where favorite characters have near-death experiences; during Manny, Sid, Diego, and Granny's journey back home, they are attacked by very scary-looking sirens, that take the form of the gang's desires, to lure them over, so they can kill them; Scrat also has an encounter with the sirens, and he almost dies, as well; the sirens make one final appearance in the end, where the trick Captain Gutt into coming to them. He falls for it, and they presumably eat him (off screen). Sex: Well, it's an Ice Age movie, so you know for sure that there will be plenty of sex jokes to go around. Also, in order to lure Sid and his grandma to them, the sirens take the forms of super sexy sloths. Granny's siren closely resembles Fabio. Consumerism: Keep in mind that the Ice Age films are one of the highest-grossing franchises in the world. After seeing the film, kids would most likely want to buy Ice Age video games and figure sets, as seen in stores.
Teen, 13 years old Written byemcfa3000 May 27, 2013

OK

Alright, the reason I put it 2 stars is because I just reviewed diary of a wimpy kid dog days 3 stars and this wasn't as good really I would say 3 stars for this one and 4 for the latter. Not as good as the rest but suitable for everyone.
Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2013

Ice Age 4

This movie was really good to watch! There was a good plot and lots of funny moments (e.g. The sirens transforming into different characters, The beginning when the squirrel gets an acorn, The ending with Scratlantis, etc.).There was some educational value since it showed different species of prehistoric species and would give little kids somewhat an idea of what happened. The family was incredibly loving and it was so sweet when they finally got a chance to rejoice together. Even though this movie was targeted toward a younger audience, me and my friends found it pretty funny and cool!
Parent Written bydavidrox January 25, 2013

cheesy but my kids liked it,

a good movie, with some laughs for little kids, mixed in with a little scariness. i thought it was a bit too cheezy at times, but my kid seth liked it, especially josh gad. anyway, no "sexy stuff" except brief flirting
Parent Written bylet kids be kids January 13, 2013

7 or 8 years is more like it...........

Extreme perilous scenes, if your kid gets nightmares OR if your kid cried in Brave, they will be frightened by many scenes in this one. Of course, it's a cute movie in many parts, it just tried to cover too many audiences.
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2012

decent

i am 11 years old and i find this movie to be boring. but i think children ages 5 to 8 would be entertained.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymegan12795 December 27, 2012

Inappropriate and unamusing

I haven't liked any of the Ice Age movies, but I always end up seeing them somehow or another. This one was by far the worst. In addition to a shocking amount of objectionable content, there was nothing amusing to be found. The lines were tired and flat. What I most dislike is the way that so many characters are portrayed as being unintelligent and laughable -- Sid being the most obvious example. I don't feel it's right to teach kids that individuals who appear "stupid" are to be laughed at. Most of the positive values that were brought in seemed a bit forced and definitely worn out by overuse -- overprotective dad eventually decides that he needs to let his child be independent. There was just nothing good I could find in this movie.