All member reviews for Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

3-D sequel is fun but also more intense than past films.

Kid, 10 years old August 7, 2011

Fine movie, great 3D.

The movie itself is OK, but the 3D is amazing!!
Adult Written byggover July 10, 2011

potty humour

I noticed a fourth one was coming out so i decided to watch this with my brother and sister. I was a big fan of the first one and the second one was okay, so i figured there would remain a consistency... i was wrong. It was lazily put together. There were blatant adult jokes. I mean...sure they go right over a kid's head, but they weren't even strategically placed. Plus there was an unholy amount of potty humor which was more gross than anything else. The little possum things are obnoxious. I think if the creators took a little more time and care it could have been a better movie. tldr. poor character development and too much potty humour plus all of the good moments were put in the commercials :|
Teen, 13 years old Written byHuntress4455 May 22, 2011

Best Ice Age Movie Yet!!!

This is the best one yet! The plot is funny and interesting. Some have said that this one is a big letdown, but the jokes Sid makes are hilarious! 5 stars! :)
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2011

Great movie

Does Scrat have a girlfriend in this movie? Anyway, much better than the 2nd ice age! Funny.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011
love it.hilarious. great movie series.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeagles4ever December 14, 2010

Dawn of the Dinos

This movie gave me some more background about dinosaurs. There is one scary dino in the movie about 1 or 2 scary scenes about it. As always, Sid the sloth brings some fun to the gang.
Kid, 11 years old October 25, 2010

terrible for all ages

the worst movie ever dont waste your time on it.It was just stupid the whole way through.There were barely any funny parts and my mom thought it was the worst movie she had ever seen.
Teen, 13 years old Written byocie14 October 1, 2010

AWESOME AND HILARIOUS

This movie is just funny, and brilliant, and touching and never gets old. I recommend it to everyone.
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2010

I liked it alot.

I really liked it and it was really funny..bunny...lol im not funy arn't i....i know i know...but anyways a really really funny comedy that Queen Lativa has ever EVER done. (for kids)
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2010

...Curse Words?

I just saw the 3rd installment of the Ice Age Trilogy, this afternoon...actually, I saw it TWICE! Mild violence between Buck and Rudy and Scrat (kinda) finds a mate, Scratte (Scrat-tay) and they dance together, fight over an acorn, kinda like little kids when they like each other (play games, hang out, LOL). Ellie and Manny also have their child, Peaches: named after Ellie's code word if she were to give birth in Dinoland...AND Manny's favorite fruit (they're sweet, fuzzy, and round just like Elle/Peaches). Now, the big one...LANGUAGE. The only bad word i hear in that movie is "the W word" Diego says it to the scared Dinosaur when he's about to fight Rudy...Can someone explain the other curse words? I recommend this movie for kids ages 7+...Enjoy the movie...and, sorry if I over-explained the movie in this review, LOL!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylorlaunterluver July 6, 2010
it a very good movie especilly the two weasels
Teen, 14 years old Written byicedragon236 July 6, 2010
this movie is awesome! im wondering whats up with peoples minds when they say it has too much language or its too scary its a bit violent but awesome
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 May 4, 2010

Harmlessly fun and exciting animated three-quel with great messages

I have always like the Ice Age films--there funny and sweet. Ice Age came out in 2002, becoming a huge hit, mainly due to the clumsy ice squirrel Scrat. Enter Ice Age 2 in 2006, which also rakes in the dough. And now we have a three-quel that's basically made to get more money for 20th Century Fox. But here's the thing: it's actually really good. This installment finds all the main characters-including Scrat- discovering a world filled with strange creatures: dinosaurs! Now, the story isn't very new or great, but it's the animation and characters that steal the show. One of the new characters, a manic weasel named Buck, is insanely funny. Once again, Scrat and the sloth character Sid are hilarious as well. As mentioned, the animation is breathtaking. It not only looks life-like, but it rivals Pixar's standards. That's a lot to say, but the visuals here really deserve it. For a family film, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs is almost spotless. Exceptions include a side-splitting dream sequence where Sid beats up a dinosaur violently with a hunk of broccoli, a passing (and mild) references to sex, some scary scenes and tame potty humor. But it's all pretty harmless. Overall, Ice Age 3 is A-OK for ages 7+.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian_girl March 12, 2010

The Best Ice Age Yet!!

I saw the first Ice Age when it came out. I'm not really old enough to remember that, though, so I'll just tell you what I do remember: I loved it! Years later, Ice Age 2 premiered. Not really as good as the first, but I thought it was good. Of course, they did go a little "over the edge" in the middle of the movie. Can't Ray Romano (Manny) make one clean movie? Ahem. Then came Ice Age 3. HILARIOUS! Who in the world says 20th Century Fox has never made a good comedy? As usual, Sid stole the show. Or at least he would've, but then the competition arrived... Buck the weasel! Finally someone in a movie that's as crazy as I am. (almost) Okay, there's what I think of the movie, now for the clean/unclean portion of the review. There are a few dirty jokes in this film. Most by Sid or Buck. Personally, I think that's really dumb, but I've forgiven, now if I could only forget. Some of these jokes might fly over kid's heads. Now, it's your choice what you do as a parent, this is just my opinion: it doesn't matter. it's still a bad influence. Besides, thanks to public school and the media's current condition, they'll probably figure it out by the time they get to bed.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPenguinFan January 27, 2010

Buck redeems this otherwise mediocre movie

Okay, so to start off my review, I will say that almost everything in the movie was mediocre. The CGI effects were great, but the plot and jokes were somewhat tired and was a clear sign that Ice Age was losing its creativity. The first part of the movie was rather cute but boring and nothing really interesting started to happen until we meet Buck. Buck is the one reason I gave this movie 4 stars. He was absolutely hilarious and was easily the best character in the movie. While most of the other voice actors didn't seem particularly thrilled with the movie Simon Pegg (who voices Buck) actually seemed to be getting into character and provided the energy that the show was lacking. Without Buck, the movie would have been completely mediorce and I would probably have forgotten about it the next day (by the way, Scrat was funny as well but after three movies of his antics even his jokes get tired). Finally, there are quite a few sex jokes in this movie, usually made by either Sid or Buck. Most of them will probably fly right over kids heads but don't be suprised if they start asking questions after the movie.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bycorneater January 23, 2010
This movie is a cute thing to watch with ur child. My 3 year old son and I watched this movie 2gether. He luvs Sid and what can I say? Who doesn't? U will laugh a lot at this creative movie. So watch it. It is totally worth the watch!
Adult Written byrockmonster January 23, 2010

not as good, but still a good movie

the ice age franchise continues to entertain me... this one is no exception, but it is slightly less than the others... each movie steps down a notch in this way... i was highly anticipating this but when i saw it it just wasn't.... SCRAT IS AMAZINK still a great movie... some weird comments and a little scary... i was hoping Rudy to be a LOT more menacing and a LOT more scary, but that's just me. kids will dig it.
Kid, 11 years old January 6, 2010

Pretty Bad for older kids, but cute for 6 to 10 year olds...

There are some light sexual jokes here and there, but kids won't get it. The beginning is boring, but it's short and little kids will probably like it. I personally thought it was pretty bad, so older kids will not like it, adults who like cute boring movies will like it though. You should probably see "Up" or "Wall-e" instead. (Just for the record, I hated Wall-e, but it seems everyone likes it, so that's why I said that.)
Kid, 12 years old December 15, 2009

Good for kids about 10 or 11. I guess it's fine.

I saw this movie as I was 11. It is not really bad but I just put educational because it talks about they are going to have a baby and and then kids would probly go home and ask their parents where does a baby come from?.
Kid, 12 years old December 9, 2009

an ok movie for young kids.

i just watched this movie tonight and i thought it was pritty good but some parts were rather boring and seemed like they ought to be watched by a little bit of a younger audience. There some scary scenes of brief peril and vilonce and very brief (will prbably go over young kids heads) sexy humor. I would give this a 3 out of 5 stars and recomend it to kids ages 6 (maybe 5 or 4 if they are mature enough. but never 3 or under) to 11 and maybe 12.