All member reviews for Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

3-D sequel is fun but also more intense than past films.

Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 April 15, 2012

yet another irratating, putrid attempt and making people laugh

this is yet another installment in the dragged-out, bland, unfunny, and tiring CGI animated franhise. dont bother seeing this.
Kid, 11 years old October 25, 2010

terrible for all ages

the worst movie ever dont waste your time on it.It was just stupid the whole way through.There were barely any funny parts and my mom thought it was the worst movie she had ever seen.
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2010

...Curse Words?

I just saw the 3rd installment of the Ice Age Trilogy, this afternoon...actually, I saw it TWICE! Mild violence between Buck and Rudy and Scrat (kinda) finds a mate, Scratte (Scrat-tay) and they dance together, fight over an acorn, kinda like little kids when they like each other (play games, hang out, LOL). Ellie and Manny also have their child, Peaches: named after Ellie's code word if she were to give birth in Dinoland...AND Manny's favorite fruit (they're sweet, fuzzy, and round just like Elle/Peaches). Now, the big one...LANGUAGE. The only bad word i hear in that movie is "the W word" Diego says it to the scared Dinosaur when he's about to fight Rudy...Can someone explain the other curse words? I recommend this movie for kids ages 7+...Enjoy the movie...and, sorry if I over-explained the movie in this review, LOL!
Teen, 14 years old Written byicedragon236 July 6, 2010

this movie is awesome! im wondering whats up with peoples minds when they say it has too much language or its too scary its a bit violent but awesome
Adult Written byrockmonster January 23, 2010

not as good, but still a good movie

the ice age franchise continues to entertain me... this one is no exception, but it is slightly less than the others... each movie steps down a notch in this way... i was highly anticipating this but when i saw it it just wasn't.... SCRAT IS AMAZINK still a great movie... some weird comments and a little scary... i was hoping Rudy to be a LOT more menacing and a LOT more scary, but that's just me. kids will dig it.
Kid, 12 years old December 15, 2009

Good for kids about 10 or 11. I guess it's fine.

I saw this movie as I was 11. It is not really bad but I just put educational because it talks about they are going to have a baby and and then kids would probly go home and ask their parents where does a baby come from?.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byquirkybird November 9, 2009

We loved it!

This was our family's favorite Ice Age movie by far. super cute!
Kid, 10 years old November 4, 2009

Funny and awesome
Parent of a 6 year old Written byNonni1215 October 29, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written byLittle movie freak September 5, 2009

Ice Age 3 is hilarious, fun for the whole family and is even better than the first!!!

I saw this movie on the Fourth of July and it was hilarious, great fun for the whole whole family,and it is even better than the last two Ice Age films.This movie also has amazing animation , and it is even ( kind of) better than I thought. This movie is also in 3-D and if you don't see it in theaters or in 3-D you can rent it on DVD Tuesday, October 27th, 2009! I really recommend this movie for kids who have seen and/ or love the first two Ice Age films or for kids 6+.Thanks for reading my review on this really funny and fun film for the that is even better than the first two films and if you see it in theaters,or on DVD October 27th. I hope you enjoy this movie as much as I did.
Parent of an infant, 2, 5, and 7 year old Written bylosipchak August 26, 2009

Good for the whole Family

All my kids liked it. It's a fun movie.
Kid, 11 years old August 10, 2009

It Rocks!

Ok, I LOVE LOVE this movie, I think it's perfect for all ages-even teenagers! I don't reccomend it though, for kids under the age of 6. There is not as much action as I expected though, I saw it in 3D on opening day, I was disappointed that the 3D didn't go into lay too often. he action is fairly mild, there's just some physical humor(barfing, sucking up in nostrils, pooping). And there's some pregnancy-related jokes that will go over the heads of little kids.
Kid, 8 years old August 8, 2009

Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byamyriggsby July 21, 2009

Loved it !!

We all loved it, Great movie. However the kids were a little disappointed they did not get to see more of the baby mammoth, it was near the end and they were using the insults towards Sid on each other on the way home but other than that it was a wonderful movie.
Adult Written bycheychy85 July 18, 2009

great fun

It was funny, and action packed. everyone should see it at least once..
Adult Written bytjrenken1989 July 18, 2009

UGH!

I didn't really like the movie. I thought that they could've done better. I mean you have all these talking mammoths and other ice age creatures. But the Dinosaurs can't talk. That's dumb. The movie lasted way too long . And Just was not worth the money.
Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2009

BEST MOVIE OUT SO FAR!!!!

i totally loved it it was one of the funniest movies ive ever seen the mean dino parts can be scary for some younger kids but still its highly reccomended for a family movie night
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bycameonc@hotmail.com July 17, 2009

Good for kids age 6 and older who can handle "attack and chase" scenes by scary dinosaurs.

References to being fat and body image references were unnecessary and surprising.
Teen, 17 years old Written byReviewer_Guy July 14, 2009

Family Fun

Ice age is back again. This time with thrilling new adventures and themes which capture all ages attention. Everyone can enjoy this movie which has made it the best of the trilogy. This movie particularly revolved around families most of the time. The mammoths were having a baby, Sid (the sloth) was a part time mother of three dinosaurs and Diego (Sabre Tooth Tiger) realizes how important his friends are to him. Whats great though is there are two types of family conditions in this movie. The mammoths who are very well grounded and ready for a child, and Sid who is single and utterly irresponsible but loves children. The mammoths represent a family that has thoroughly thought out the idea of a family when Sid is the opposite. Sid represents the young teenagager who loves the idea of children. They are to caught up in the cute ideas of buying their child clothes and thinking about how it would to be to have a baby, that they forget about how intense it is to have a child. Intense physically, economically and emotionally. In the end of the movie Sid stops becoming a parent and he is given a reality check. He realizes he is unprepared at the time to be a parent. So young children can enjoy the adventure in this movie while other ages can interpret the reality of having a family.
Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written bymichugalug July 12, 2009

Good family fun for 4 1/2 and up.

Most of the "sexy stuff" went over my 9-year-old's head, at least I think so. The other more gooey love stuff was funny to him. My 4-year-old was not too scared of the dinosaurs, but he is a passionate, fiery, (though sensitive) little guy, especially about dinosaurs. It might be scary for other kiddos his age though.