All member reviews for Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

3-D sequel is fun but also more intense than past films.

Parent of a 6 year old Written byNonni1215 October 29, 2009

Adult Written bybeph September 19, 2009

CUTE!

cute cute cute! my husband and i loved this movie and so did the children in the audience who were practically repeating the entire movie during and on the way out of the theatre. it wasnt as good as the first or second but i fall for movies with new familes!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLittle movie freak September 5, 2009

Ice Age 3 is hilarious, fun for the whole family and is even better than the first!!!

I saw this movie on the Fourth of July and it was hilarious, great fun for the whole whole family,and it is even better than the last two Ice Age films.This movie also has amazing animation , and it is even ( kind of) better than I thought. This movie is also in 3-D and if you don't see it in theaters or in 3-D you can rent it on DVD Tuesday, October 27th, 2009! I really recommend this movie for kids who have seen and/ or love the first two Ice Age films or for kids 6+.Thanks for reading my review on this really funny and fun film for the that is even better than the first two films and if you see it in theaters,or on DVD October 27th. I hope you enjoy this movie as much as I did.
Parent of an infant, 2, 5, and 7 year old Written bylosipchak August 26, 2009

Good for the whole Family

All my kids liked it. It's a fun movie.
Parent Written byMontses mom August 21, 2009

My 3 years old loved it.

My 3 years old was laughing out loud since the movie started, we went to watch it twice because she loved it and lets face it there are not a lot of movies for young kids. Rex was a little scary for her though. The squirrels flirt a lot but there is nothing a kid shouldn't see.
Kid, 10 years old August 13, 2009

Perfect for kids.

I think it is a very good movie for families. It was simply adorable and my whole family loved it!
Kid, 11 years old August 10, 2009

It Rocks!

Ok, I LOVE LOVE this movie, I think it's perfect for all ages-even teenagers! I don't reccomend it though, for kids under the age of 6. There is not as much action as I expected though, I saw it in 3D on opening day, I was disappointed that the 3D didn't go into lay too often. he action is fairly mild, there's just some physical humor(barfing, sucking up in nostrils, pooping). And there's some pregnancy-related jokes that will go over the heads of little kids.
Kid, 8 years old August 8, 2009

Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written bykaloren August 4, 2009

Fun movie for the family, almost

We all saw this as a fmaily,e ven Grandma enjoyed it. But, my more senstive 8 year old had night mares about the dinosaurs that same night. So, although I think it's a great movie, I'd be sure you're kids like scary characters and can deal with peril.
Parent Written bymom2punkynbear July 30, 2009

Surprisingly fine for my young kids

We liked it AND the kids loved it. Even my 2y/o wasn't scared by the dinosaurs. The message on friendship is a good one. Mostly it's just fun entertainment for my toddler and preschooler.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymadlion924 July 25, 2009

Cut Out The Unnecessary Sex

Hello? Wasn't this supposed to be a kid's movie? Why were there all of the sexual jokes and references? The jokes would fly right over the head of a little kid, but for the school aged children this could raise some awkward questions.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byRamirez Family July 23, 2009

This is the first theatre movie our little one went to. He loved it. He's not even 3 yet, but sits through movies at home.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byamyriggsby July 21, 2009

Loved it !!

We all loved it, Great movie. However the kids were a little disappointed they did not get to see more of the baby mammoth, it was near the end and they were using the insults towards Sid on each other on the way home but other than that it was a wonderful movie.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byernesto July 19, 2009

My kid had a blast but i had to explain a ton of stuff

My kid loves movies, still it has some scary moments. I found the moment when the characters get intoxicated worriing, because the message transmited is "ITS FUN BEING INTOXICATED, and there are are little or none consecuences to wrong doings and other stuff.And i could go on and on. Still i loved it and so did my kid, and helped me to explain some things to his level.
Adult Written bycheychy85 July 18, 2009

great fun

It was funny, and action packed. everyone should see it at least once..
Adult Written bytjrenken1989 July 18, 2009

UGH!

I didn't really like the movie. I thought that they could've done better. I mean you have all these talking mammoths and other ice age creatures. But the Dinosaurs can't talk. That's dumb. The movie lasted way too long . And Just was not worth the money.
Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2009

BEST MOVIE OUT SO FAR!!!!

i totally loved it it was one of the funniest movies ive ever seen the mean dino parts can be scary for some younger kids but still its highly reccomended for a family movie night
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bycameonc@hotmail.com July 17, 2009

Good for kids age 6 and older who can handle "attack and chase" scenes by scary dinosaurs.

References to being fat and body image references were unnecessary and surprising.
Teen, 15 years old Written byXboxboy15 July 15, 2009

The Best of the Ice Age movies more engaging and a better story

I like this movie it's funnier and better than ever this is one of my favorite it has a better story, more engaging and good animation action and it's clever
Teen, 17 years old Written byReviewer_Guy July 14, 2009

Family Fun

Ice age is back again. This time with thrilling new adventures and themes which capture all ages attention. Everyone can enjoy this movie which has made it the best of the trilogy. This movie particularly revolved around families most of the time. The mammoths were having a baby, Sid (the sloth) was a part time mother of three dinosaurs and Diego (Sabre Tooth Tiger) realizes how important his friends are to him. Whats great though is there are two types of family conditions in this movie. The mammoths who are very well grounded and ready for a child, and Sid who is single and utterly irresponsible but loves children. The mammoths represent a family that has thoroughly thought out the idea of a family when Sid is the opposite. Sid represents the young teenagager who loves the idea of children. They are to caught up in the cute ideas of buying their child clothes and thinking about how it would to be to have a baby, that they forget about how intense it is to have a child. Intense physically, economically and emotionally. In the end of the movie Sid stops becoming a parent and he is given a reality check. He realizes he is unprepared at the time to be a parent. So young children can enjoy the adventure in this movie while other ages can interpret the reality of having a family.