All member reviews for Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

3-D sequel is fun but also more intense than past films.

Parent of a 4, 8, 10, and 12 year old Written byayeshaq July 12, 2009

6 to 9

I loved this movie allot. I recommend this movie for 6 year olds to 9 year olds.
Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written bymichugalug July 12, 2009

Good family fun for 4 1/2 and up.

Most of the "sexy stuff" went over my 9-year-old's head, at least I think so. The other more gooey love stuff was funny to him. My 4-year-old was not too scared of the dinosaurs, but he is a passionate, fiery, (though sensitive) little guy, especially about dinosaurs. It might be scary for other kiddos his age though.
Adult Written byklcredle July 12, 2009

My sensitive 4 year old liked it and so did I.

My 4 year old is usually frightened by some Disney movies that we rent. I was a little reluctant taking him but he wanted to go. (This was his third time to a theater.) After we had seen it I asked him if he liked it and he said yes and that it was not scary.(the scary parts were brief.) There were parts in the movie when the dinosaurs were BIG on the screen and LOUD. I thought that he might jump in my lap but he didn't. He and I really liked it. Every child is different and will surprise us almost daily with what they like...I am glad we took the chance with this one. (The conserns were words like "stupid" ..."good stuff in front.") BTW we didn't see it in 3-D.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDivine_Munchie_99 July 11, 2009

Don't listen to everyone else reviewing it, best Ice Age yet.

In my opinion, the Ice Age movies keep getting better. Some sexual content may go over kid's heads. (why not his front, that's where all the good stuff is.) One thing: don't see it if your kids are still at the "talking during the movie" age. The little girls behind me wouldn't shut up, so I ended up giving them the Japanese "Finger".
Kid, 10 years old July 10, 2009

stupid movie with adollesent humor and not so funny houmor that will go over little kids heads

Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey July 8, 2009

stupid

Dont waste you're money on this movie, esspecially the 3-D version. The first ice age was good, the second bad, and this one... I'm not even going to say, it's just mumbo-jumbo stupidness.
Teen, 17 years old Written byprttystar4 July 7, 2009

Ok for Kids lower than 10

It wasnt that good, I will be truthfull. You shouldnt bother seeing it, its not worth seeing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySummer001 July 7, 2009

Good to watch
Parent of a 2 year old Written bysmile.always July 7, 2009

Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byAmandatab July 6, 2009

Great fun for the whole family (ages 6 and up, that is)

We went to watch it with 6 kids, ages 6-11 and everyone loved it (the 6 year old was a little scared). The parents loved it as well, I think it's the best of the 3. I've always been bothered by the way the rest of the characters treat Sid, and I found it was toned down in this latest installment. I highly recommend it.
Parent Written byredeyemama July 6, 2009

Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2009

Cute Movie! 6 year old loved it!

I loved this movie! I went with a 6 year old, and she loved it! The girl is mature for her age, and she understood the crude humor, but I'm sure it hasn't inspired any inappropriate behavior. She was not frightened at the fighting scenes, instead she laughed! I loved Buck! It is a really cute movie, and I recommend you see it with a friend (might be awkward with your parents).
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrookens2123 July 6, 2009

Best Ice Age movie yet

It was hilarious. There were a few innuendos, but the younger kids won't understand them anyway. There is just one use of "d**m" when Buck is fighting Rudy, the ginormous dinosaur. I loved this Ice Age the most, and I'm hoping they'll make even better than this one.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bymmswas July 4, 2009

Good movie, but save 3D for older kids.

My almost 5 year old really liked it, although the "bad" guy was a little intense. We both laughed alot. I gave it 3 stars and rated iffy because the characters do spend a good deal of time in peril which is a little prolonged for little ones. I would NOT recommend the 3D version at this age as this would just highlight those aspects that were questionable.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bytrnlvr July 3, 2009

I took my 5yr old son to see this & am not sure who laughed loudest & hardest - my son or me. This movie was great! I can't imagine anyone giving it only 3 stars (or whatever rating code). It was extremely funny, adventurous, had a great storyline & was just overall a great movie! I haven't been disappointed in any of the 3 Ice Age movies & think this is probably the funniest of the 3. I only said ages 4 & up because I'm not sure if a 3yr old would understand the humor - it's not sophisticated humor, just because a lot of it is fast-paced. I think pretty much any age would enjoy this movie!
Adult Written byk8nadamsmommy July 3, 2009

Not a bad way to spend a rainy afternoon with my 7 year old, 3 year old, husband and grandparents!

We saw this movie as a family with my 7 year old, 3.5 year old, my husband, and my parents, both in their 60's. My 7 year old laughed her head off, and the grandparents laughed a lot too. They all appreciated the additional scenes with the acorn stealing squirrel and his paramour. My 3.5 year old only lasted about 3/4 through the movie and decided the bathroom with it's automatic sinks and paper towel dispensers were more interesting than the climax of the movie. He tends to leave the room at home when something on tv is bothering him (he hates any conflict, and can't even tolerate Chip and Dale cartoonish conflict... you know when they are always in jeopardy of losing their giant acorn stash?), so this behavior was normal for him and he hasn't had any nightmares or anyting. Overall, not a bad way to spend a rainy afternoon, but I would have been pooched if I didn't have three other adults with me to escort the 3 year old out when he needed a break from the show.
Parent of a 10 and 10 year old Written bytwinmom11 July 3, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written bygcpschwartz July 3, 2009

Not as good as the others

Kids will love it but parents might find the plot a bit lackluster.
Adult Written bybetsfio July 3, 2009

We all liked it

It was a cute movie. It starts a little slow, but once the action picks up, it is very enjoyable. Some children may find some of the action a little intense. We definitely liked this version as much as the previous two Ice Age movies.
Parent of a 6, 8, and 9 year old Written bycacd July 3, 2009

Great sequel for the Ice Age movies

My kids loved the movie and they think that it is the perfect sequel to the other movies.