All member reviews for Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

3-D sequel is fun but also more intense than past films.

Adult Written bybetsfio July 3, 2009

We all liked it

It was a cute movie. It starts a little slow, but once the action picks up, it is very enjoyable. Some children may find some of the action a little intense. We definitely liked this version as much as the previous two Ice Age movies.
Parent of a 6, 8, and 9 year old Written bycacd July 3, 2009

Great sequel for the Ice Age movies

My kids loved the movie and they think that it is the perfect sequel to the other movies.
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bynancylorel July 3, 2009

Really good and funny!

Loved it! My 5 and 7 years old kids (as well as me and dad) were laughing through out all the movie! When there were parts I knew the big dinosaur was coming I just said "there he comes" so they wouldn't be so surprised, but it's not a scary nor a dark movie. Not just a specific message, but it remarks importance of family and friends and being for each other. Go and have fun!!
Parent of a 11, 19, and 21 year old Written byHSMomCindy July 3, 2009

Perfect for kids that are 5-6 and older or that have gone to 3D movies before

Hi Again, I took my 10 year old to this movie and he enjoyed the movie. There was a 4 year old boy next to us that did not want to wear the 3D glasses and complained that the movie was blurry when he didn't wear them. The little boy was also only interested in the dinos so when the scene didn't have dinos in it he would complain and want to leave. I guess that why I am not that happy with the movie as I spent most of it listening to a 4 year old (almost 5 according to the grandfather) complain. Again my 10 ear old did enjoy the movie and laughed alot during the movie.
Parent of a 2, 5, and 6 year old Written bydawnm902 July 2, 2009

Great fun for adults and kids

I just saw this movie with 4 kids aged 3, 5, 6 and 7 years old. We didn't see the 3D but we all loved it. The bits of adult humor went straight over the kids' heads but me laughing out loud. I was very excited to see this movie and wasn't disappointed. The kids were laughing the entire movie and weren't scared seeing the big dino Rudy. Nice family and summer fun.
Kid, 6 years old July 2, 2009

ok, but not good

I can't believe that in a movie that is made for kids, they are shoving the gay agenda down their throats. Since when is it ok for this stuff to be shown to our kids? joke or not, I don't want my kids being exposed to gay media or gay slang or even something as mild as "he just came out of the closet" I was very disappointed with this movie.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byakbmccain July 2, 2009

Great Family Movie

Loved it! We took our 6 YO son and 3 YO daughter. We were all laughing out loud several time throughout the movie. I can see how the dinos might frighten some kids, but mine were not scared and actually laughed at some. I think my daughter may have jumped once at Rudy. They even both kept the glasses on for the entire movie, something I didn't think my daughter would do. Great family movie! Loved it!!
Parent of a 7 year old Written byMaxmum July 2, 2009

A cool treat for the whole family!

Both my son and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It has some nice messages, good chuckles, and fun action. I think the 3D aspect is anticlimactic, but maybe I'm just jaded with the technology by now. See me review the movie together with my son at: www.youtube.com/gabndad
Adult Written bywallyk2334 July 2, 2009

Best Ice Age yet!

Fantastic movie. Better than first two movies. My 5 year old son loved it. There were a couple of scenes that were intense but none that made him jump in my lap or close his eyes :-)
Parent of a 4, 6, and 8 year old Written bywyotough5 July 2, 2009

Pretty intense for the younger crowd

We saw it in 2D it was a good action packed movie. Would be fun in 3D but only for the older crowd. My younger ones were scared as it was. There were a lot of chase scenes, fighting scenes, and the characters were constantly trying to stay alive. The two Scrat characters added comic relief throughout but it got old and became obvious that they were added to lighten up the movie.
Parent Written byLinVA July 1, 2009

OK for 6's, but they won't understand lots of the talk

Why do people in Hollywood write this stuff? It was OK for my 6-year-old, but the dialogue about therapy, childbirth pains, and the scenes of romantic love were uninteresting and unintelligible to him.
Parent of a 10 and 10 year old Written byHondurasMission... July 1, 2009

Good choice vs. what else is out there

I took 4 kids, ages 11, 10, 10 and 5 to see this. The theater was full of families. Tons of laughter occurred. Not too scary at all! A typical "cartoon" film. The kids really enjoyed it.
Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written bytxnmomof2 July 1, 2009

A little scary for little ones. The dinosaurs may frighten them. My kids and I thought it was the best of the 3.
Educator and Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byAnthonyK July 1, 2009

heart warming

I was able to see it on Monday as my G/F works at blue sky studios and they had a crew showing in 3D. I was not a fan of the second movie as I didn't really enjoy it but I actually enjoyed the third movie very much it was fun and heart warming at the same time. As I have a 13 year old daughter who gets all the DVD's I like it when there is a movie that is enjoyable to watch as I will be seeing it like 20 times over the next year (hats off to shrek 3 another movie I can watch more than once in the same group of movies). I think the graphics were amazing on the film and the digital animation of the scenery is amazing the 3D was designed in from the beginning and it shows. For more information, visit this site: http://personalmoneystore.com/installment-loans/payday-installment-loans/
Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2009