All member reviews for Ice Age: The Meltdown

Funny, but contains some crude humor and mild profanity.

Educator and Parent of a 6 year old Written bytrcruise July 1, 2009

Surprised by the some dialog in the movie. For example, "Your breath smells like ass."
Kid, 11 years old September 21, 2009

Melting ice

A little childish but still a great movie.
Adult Written byxl4 July 20, 2009

The language and social interaction is unacceptable as a G rated movie, the sewer of Hollywood needs to wake up, stop feeding our children trash. Feed your garbage to your own children.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2009

bad

this movie sucks and my family thinks it sucks to
Teen, 15 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Aimed for kids, huh?

Sex, any kind of swearing, covered-up crude words (butt, shut up) are never acceptable. I loved the first Ice Age. Call it the clean CGI movie. The second, however....it seems Blue Sky began to think like the other movie compatnies and try and stick in as much innappropriate material as they could. Blatant innuendo and a couple "donkey jokes." (Which aren't even funny.) What makes them think this improves sells? All I know is I'm not buying any more of Ice Age 2's products now. They just lost a customer. Parents should realize that these movies can be just as dangerous as "adult" movies, since they're teaching kids at a young age that certain things are acceptable. To cap it all, the story itself was not a tenth as good as the first. No cute baby.
Adult Written bycourtwork January 4, 2014

Cute but Rude

We rented this movie, and I confess that I didn't see the first part. Our family watched it, including our 7 and almost 11 year olds. Overall the kids enjoyed it. I really wanted to like this movie, and I did enjoy some of it - there are lovable characters and creative cute parts, but I found the rude dialogue distracting and distasteful. I wish CSM would add a symbol for rudeness. If possible, I would give this movie 2.5 stars. Without the tasteless humor, I would give the movie 4 stars for entertainment value. Our 7 year old was worried at times about the menacing dinosaurs and the beloved characters being in peril. We all laughed out loud at times, especially during the sequences with the squirrel and the acorn - those are really funny. My 11 year old felt sorry for the squirrel at times, working so hard and never getting that darn acorn. There is also the constant theme of the girl (Queen Latifa's character) who takes pleasure in making the boy (Manny) bend over backwards to win her affection. I can't wait until there's a movie where the boy character says, "you're snotty and high maintenance, I'd rather stay single!" :) Anyway, it's a cute movie, degraded by the rude humor, but not ruined by it in my opinion. I'm glad we saw it, but once is plenty.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrabidpanda May 23, 2013

I don't see what the problem is

It had some bad language. I don't see why c--p is such a bad word to some people, it's not a curse word. Neither is a-s, but I guess maybe they took it a little too far with the burro thing. Manny flirts with Ellie at one point, and talks about saving their species and it gets slightly sexual. The "butt" thing might make little kids laugh, but parents might disapprove. It's a cute film, but most of the humor only tweens and up would enjoy. Ice Age 4 was much worse, though.
Parent Written bymrdaunte July 7, 2011

Watch for the profanity!!!

I was totally blown away by the language. At one point, one of the characters actually says - and emphasizes - the word "d***." Now, the context in the movie is referring to an actual dam that is about to burst, but the tone and usage of the word did not fit the context. Basically, a piece of ice broke off of the dam and the character (a beaver) turns around and emphatically reacts, "D***!" Unacceptable in our home!! Waste of money.
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2011

Language Sucks!!!

This movie is the only ice age movie that is dull, probobly the only ice age movie that is lame and stupid. They use some swears such as "C--p, p--p, a--, s--k air, and b--f". Not even a story, just lame movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byocie14 October 1, 2010

Mehh

Ok, I love the first Ice Age movie. It is brilliant and hilarious. But this one just wasn't that funny, and there are COUNTLESS allusions to s*x.
Adult Written byMkmartin05 June 13, 2010

Ehhh it was ok

Some reviews have said that they used the word "a**" in it. He actually said "your breath smells like ants"
Adult Written byrockmonster January 23, 2010

quite interesting

i liked it a lot... i like all the ice age movies... a scene where manny hints to ellie something... uh... quite inappropriate... IF they were human characters... but most kids will not catch this, and i skipped the scene when i showed it to my brother, with little interruption to the storyline. great movie, quite funny in parts. my favorite line: "Hey! I can smell the ocean!"
Kid, 12 years old December 6, 2009

ok

this movie is ok but it's just as vilont and a little more sexy than the first.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCrazySqurell April 9, 2008

Waste of an animator's time

I fully understand the fact that they are just animals, but that does not mean that they have to add inuendo to them. I think that it would be wonderfull if there wern't any sex whatsoever in any movies, but since that won't happen because the world is warped, I won't worry about it. I so think that this movie is suited for a mature child(or teen) who fully understands that all the inuendo and vulgar speech isn't really neccessary to make an excellent movie. Over all, I thought the graphics were wonderfull myself.
Parent Written bySlipknotFan69 February 22, 2015

da best anime of all time that is a MLG FaZeclan level of swag!!111!!111

this and back at the barnyard are the best animes ever!!111 the main character, sid, plays cod, smokes weed, bombs schools, beats up the police, harrasses women, and is a FaZeclan member which RULEZ!11111 FaZeclan is so hip and trendy so watch this anime or all time Snipars and FaZeclan members will quickscope you in the new pokemon game, call of halo: swagvanced warfare!!111!!111
Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2014

Ice Age: The Meltdown

This was a fun filled family movie with miner bad words and humor! Everyone thinks Manny says, "Your breath smells like a**" but he really says, "Your breath smells like ANTS!!!!" Its because of his lisp. Parents have been overreacting. This movie was great but for a few things, Sid should be about as tall as Manny and Digeo should be smaller. Also the landscape should not be all ice at all. Hello, I'm a dinosaur freak I know a lot about this stuff and the landscape should be dry snowy land. Also, some grass.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrating_guy December 22, 2013

good but a little bit scary

a another good pixar film with comedy but this time the scariness level is bumped up
Educator and Parent of a 11 year old Written byRunesong June 23, 2013

For adults who like crude humor - NOT for kids

The language in the first 15 min should be proof enough that this movie was not made for kids. The violence is along the same lines as Roadrunner & Wiley Coyote or the 3 stooges.
Teen, 13 years old Written byobeasepenguin October 27, 2012

good movie bad language

It swears and calls someone a perv. Overall, it's the best ice age movie.
Parent Written byImSpidey2 July 26, 2012

A great sequel.

While it lacks some charm from the first one, it has some great action, new characters and humor. It may be worse than the first one, but it's fun to sit through.