All member reviews for Ice Age

Clever, funny, touching; like a great road movie.

Parent of a 5, 8, and 10 year old Written byheckyeah September 18, 2010

need to be rated G because when there was giving the baby i was crying like a baby.
Adult Written byDr.Pepper October 15, 2010

This is a great movie. The only problem is that there is some violence/action that may be frightening to young children. It's nothing too bad though.
Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written bypiper0137 November 2, 2009

definitely for ages 8 and up

After watching snippets of "Ice Age 3" on a flight back to L.A., we thought our girls might like the first "Ice Age," not realizing how much violence there is in the movie. Should've checked Common Sense first! Definite moments of peril, a saber-tooth lion getting stabbed by falling ice, etc. make this a big NO for anyone younger than fourth grade, in my opinion. Too bad, because the squirrel is hilarious!
Parent of a 4 year old Written bysher415 March 8, 2011

Definitely NOT for 5 & under.

The scene where the mother places her baby on the shore and then disappears (drowning not shown but obvious even to small children) is too much for a four, or even a five year old. Although animal parents are frequently killed off in many movies, seeing a human mother die and leave behind her baby is a different thing altogether. My son--who is not a particularly sensitive child--was extremely upset by this scene. I did not turn the movie off at this point because I knew Disney would reunite the baby with the father and have their traditional uplifting ending and I knew it would be better to watch the reunion than to leave my child to have nightmares of a baby lost in the wild without his mum. Had I to do it over again, I would have given the film a miss, at least for another few years.
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bykalin333 January 25, 2010

great movie

Love it but , there are some frightful scenes . so i recommend screening in advance by the individual parent .
Teen, 15 years old Written byHiddenWolf May 4, 2011

I love this movie and the saber toothed tiger Diego is my favorite character. I think parents are alittle to sensitive with kids movies anymore. One wrong move and thats it. Parents need to give there kids alittle headway because you can't always protect them from iffy little stunts done in a kids movie.
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2011

Funny!

It was the first movie I have ever seen, I love it and it is very funny! the funniest part was when the birds were getting watermelons for the ice age but the baby was hungry so they defeated the birds and got the watermelons. But in one scene, the baby has to take a crap and they make some potty jokes about it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 18, 2012

best in the series

this is one of the best CGI animated movies out there that isn`t made by pixar
Parent of a 3, 5, and 6 year old Written byLizzycary May 6, 2011

Funny for adults, but I don't like it for my kids

Manny is horrible to Sid for the entire movie. I don't want my children talking to each other or their classmates this way, so I banned this one. I thought Ice Age 3 did a much better job of showing Manny losing patience with Sid's antics without just treating him like dirt.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

okay i love this movie.sid is hilarious.and diego is awesome. and so is manny. but i just love the squirrel (forgot his name) but what i would do while watching i would make noises and talk for him since he dosent talk in it and my friend would laugh.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHuntress4455 January 2, 2011

A great start for the "Ice Age" movie series!!

I have talked with some of my friends and some think that this movie is the most boring one of the Ice Age series, but I disagree. It is such a heartwarming story that the whole family will love!!! It also contains great messages and it is very hilarious with some parts! I loved it!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byocie14 October 7, 2010

BRILLIANT

SO FUNNY! I have always loved this movie. It's not only for little kids, the jokes are mature and smart. Also, the characters are so three dimensional (unlike more animated movies now). SUCH a fun movie, never gets old.
Kid, 8 years old April 22, 2010
Written byAnonymous February 27, 2010

What a great movie! I basically grew up with this movie, and I have every word said in the script memorized, but anyone can see why it is that way. Not only are there funny scenes, but there are some great messages about teamwork and watching each other's backs, not to even mention great characters.
Kid, 12 years old December 6, 2009

more boys than girls

i recomend this movie to young girls ages 6-9 and boy ages 6-11. This movie was mostly just made for young kids but i think it was aimed at boys more than girls for some peril and brief vilonce that young boys are into but young girls don't always like.
Parent of a 10, 12, 14, and 15 year old Written byDJ-n-JS October 24, 2009

Kid, 10 years old June 30, 2009

good movie

great movie I hope the third one is as good as the first one!
Adult Written bypigsforus@yahoo.com April 9, 2008

Adult Written byPaulacton April 9, 2008

great kids movie

fun movie my kids 5, 9 and 11 can watch over and over. good language and lessons.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHweetseart April 18, 2015

Look out - fighting and hunting!

But otherwise - family fun!