All member reviews for Ice Princess

Kid, 8 years old November 9, 2009

its great

This movie is great, I loved it! I think that girls 7-14 will think it is cool.
Teen, 13 years old Written byj♥j♥f♥ July 28, 2011

Cute and inspiring, but very unrealistic

Overall, "Ice Princess" was a good movie. There were many positive messages and scenes; for example, when Casey persevered through all those figure skating obstacles and overcame them all. However, some parts were completely unrealistic; for example, Casey was barely able to perform a decent toe-loop jump, but then suddenly, she "accidentally" landed a double toe-loop. I have been figure skating for about 8 1/2 years and am currently working on my double jumps; believe me, that is impossible. I'm sure even Kim Yu-Na or Michelle Kwan could not have done that.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxtorix90210x November 1, 2010

i love this movie, & i saw it when i was about 10. Casey is a really good role model- smart, pretty, and hard-working. it shows that you can live your life the way YOU want to, and no one should stop that.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshanno15 May 11, 2010

Disney done somthing right with this movie

My favorite disney movie! Great pace, awesome acting, good story.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 2, 2009

shallow.

I have to say, the plot is not that interesting. The ice-skating scenes are not that good, and the acting is second-rate.
Teen, 14 years old Written byzaneybraney12 April 9, 2008

I Fell Asleep!!

This movie is so little kids. I litteraly fell asleep!! They should try harder for a different plot. But some parts were good.
Teen, 16 years old Written bypepsicola147 April 9, 2008

Oh my gosh...

This movie was insanely... Disney. If you want a totally child-safe movie, this is it. I personally didn't like it, but the worst part is probably the main character fighting with her mom. Definitely a go if you want a movie for the young kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysunflowerscatsbooks April 9, 2008

very cute and touching

This movie has a great message about following your dreams. It is a great movie for younger girls and their mothers.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Ice Princess

This movie is great except sometimes they say the word butt. Your daughter will love love love this movie!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old January 1, 2014

Wowed my Expectations

The first time I watched this movie was when I was in the plane going to Los Angeles and when I saw it, I didn't want to watch it since it said ''Princess'' in it but I watched it anyways and it was way better then I thought.
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2013

Good for Younger Kids

Okay movie, just kind of boring as it was extremely slow-paced. My nine year old sister loved it though, so I guess younger kids would enjoy.
Kid, 10 years old January 2, 2012

Ice Lover

Polite, squeaky clean movie fine for all ages but should have more interesting parts!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byemily101998 May 21, 2011

An Average Movie

Its a pretty good movie, kinda average.The lead actress Michelle acts really badly in it, but Hayden Pattenerie acts phenomenally well along with Joan Cusack!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byshya August 1, 2010

Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2010

a sweet and enchanting movie for preteen girls.

The story of Ice Princess is a story based on a girl who wants to achieve her dream of becoming an ice skater with out disappointing her own mother, in which though out the drama must she make a choice that could her life's course: Harvard and a mothers pride or Ice Skating and fame? The movie of Ice Princess teaches many girls on how important it is to follow your dreams and to make your own choices and it teaches mothers and fathers to not project their dreams on their daughters and sons in which I believe is important to learn. A great movie, sweet and enchanting for preteen girls like me.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights June 6, 2010

It is okay, but the girls are snappy and snobby half of the time, at least the blonde girl became nice..
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2009

OK

This movie is very good. It is a wonderful story about a girl who dreams of being an ice skatter. But her mom wants her to go to harvard. So the girl does everything she can to follow her own dream and not someone elses. Although there is some mild iffy stuff like some use of the word "stupid" or "you look hot!" and some kissing between teens. Also for vilonce there is about a 3 second shot of a very painful looking injury. Besides these very little things it's OK!
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2009

GREAT

This movie is pritty good girls ages 7-13 or 14 are going to love it!!!! i know i did!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byShinjo April 9, 2008

Cute movie...

I thought that this was a cute movie. It definitely inspires little girls to try hard and follow their dreams. I think I was a little old for it, but kids around 7-9 would like it.

a timeless movie!!!

you and your daghters will feel lucky that you have the love and care you need to live.