All member reviews for I'm in Love with a Church Girl

Drug dealer's conversion story appeals to faith audiences.

Kid, 9 years old November 26, 2013

The best!

This movie looks awesome!Yeah,there's a few d*mns,but come on CSM!9-year-olds can handle it(some 9 year olds).
Teen, 14 years old Written byhiphoph May 9, 2014

I'm in Love with a Church Girl

The film had some more iffy scenes. The main character has a bad past - drug dealing, sleeping around, fights, etc. He struggles with getting over his past in many scenes, pointing a gun at someone who was about to shoot his friend and flirting with a trashy girl at a bar. A main character get into a car accident. Miles tries to convince his girlfriend that having sex before marriage is okay with God. Miles also seems to be living two different lives at one point, acting sweet for his Christian girlfriend and telling his friends to "tone it down" when they're around her. Miles mother dies part way through the film. I was really disappointed with the quality of this film. The idea was good, but it's portrayal was not. The main girl, who was advertised as being "a church girl in every sense of the word"* and a "strong church going Christian" *, didn't seem to be as extreme as I expected. She agrees to hang out at Miles house (alone), wears some very short dresses, and even goes on a trip with him (he sleeps on the couch). Christians aren't really supposed to date people who aren't at their level of faith (you're supposed to be 'equally yoked') and while Vanessa dated Miles, it seemed almost like it was only because she was hoping that she could change him. There's one scene where Miles asks her why he should believe in God, and she seems to avoid the question. Besides all of the above reasons, the plot also seemed to be too fast paced, and Jeff Atkins (Miles) was the only actor who I felt like gave a great performance. There are several powerful scenes with his character, but on the whole, I would skip this film. *I got these from some comments and descriptions on IMDB's website. It shouldn't violate copyrighting laws, since it's not copyrighted material, but I wanted to let people know of it's source.