All member reviews for Immortals

Impressive visuals can't save brutally awful screenplay.

Parent Written byJacob 11 November 12, 2011

Good

Good movie!
Teen, 16 years old Written bykojitheman November 12, 2011

really good

Great movie and special effects. My rating: Strong bloody violence throughout, sexuality, and some nudity.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTip yap July 19, 2013

Kid, 12 years old July 14, 2013

Nice, but full of blood and gore

not acorrding to the mytholy at all, i was kindof dissapnted, but also it is super violent like the last part when the monters kill the gods, and when Hyperion killes Thesus's mother and hurts the Oracles. Full of blood and gore, and i think there was some nudity
Educator Written byPrairie Teacher November 3, 2012

Great costumes, action design, and artistic direction can't save it.

I went to see this solely for the involvement of director Tarsem and costume designer Eiko Ishioka, to see what these visionaries would bring to a swords & sandals action fantasy. They brought what I expected, and made the film worth looking at. What they didn't do is make it worth watching. The film's biggest problem is with its script. While many will complain that it doesn't adhere to Greek mythic tradition, the real problem is that the writing duo can't make us care for any of the characters, and can't figure out what message (if any) the film should convey. Heroes are directionless, enemies' motivations are murky, and every scene seems to exist only to bring things inches closer to The Big Battle. It's hard to stomach. There are some impressive action scenes, some interesting special effects, some novel artistic interpretations of Greek images. The film just looks fantastic throughout. But without any redeeming message, all of those qualities come off as gilded foil wrapping on a spoiled blood sausage. Violent, bloody, hateful, misogynistic, and impossible to recommend except for occasional freeze-frames to be studied in film art class.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski September 6, 2012

Very violent, not very good

Adult Written byjman_22g July 15, 2012

Ok

War movie with weak story line. I think it is very violent more then 300. It has 2 parts with nudity. Definitely not for children do not take them. Parents you need to realize that you are the role models and teach them right from wrong. Every generation is becoming worse with no morals or no care in the world.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTanRoy July 12, 2012

Violent, Visually Gripping, But Boring and Pointless Action/Adventure Movie

When I saw the trailer of this movie, I immediately knew that I was going to love it. Plenty of action, drama, and historical/mythological stuff, it seemed. I sat down in front of the screen with extremely high expectations. Suppose my expectations were the height of the Eiffel Tower. Then I'd say that the movie only barely reached up to a lamppost: terrible! The movie has its positives and its negatives. Let's first talk about the positives. Some of the best violence I've ever seen in an R-Rated action/adventure film, especially in the final battle. The CG blood was incredibly realistic, and so were the various slashings, hammerings, decapitations, and stabbings (one exception would be when Hyperion decapitated the priest on his way to Tartarus). The fight between the Gods and Titans were fun to watch. I loved the slow-motion takes of the various killings: it made the action cooler. The entire kind of gold-ish colouring of the movie added to the action and scenery. The landscapes were breath-taking. I especially liked the cliffs next to the sea and villages built into them, and the images of Hyperion's Immortal army. All in all, the visuals are stunning. It's easy to see where the 100 million dollars invested in this movie went to. Unfortunately, the positives end there. Brace yourselves for the negatives. From the beginning of the movie, I wondered what was going on. What are the motivations of Theseus? His mother's brutal death, for one. But is that enough for him, a peasant with no experience in warfare or politics, to suddenly lead hundreds of thousands of soldiers to battle? Also the romance between Theseus and Phaedra: it was too hasty. I mean, they just met for a day, and they talked, and Theseus rescued Phaedra, and Phaedra healed Theseus, and this and that. Suddenly, they make love in Theseus' house: there is no convincing or even romantic development to this scene. One of the worst romances I've ever seen. Also, I was unsure who to root for. Hyperion, though a brutal killer, is driven by vengeance against the Gods for being responsible for killing his family. This to me doesn't seem to be a very evil motivation. Theseus, however, is driven only by the death of his mother at the hands of Hyperion. At first, I was even hoping that Hyperion would succeed. This displays a very weak hero and villain. And the acting. The mortals were just bearable: the performances of Cavill and Rourke were actually not bad. But by the gods, the Gods! They only looked like gods, and even that not so much (golden from head to toe???). But they couldn't act convincingly. I barely understood the story behind Theseus and Zeus. I also didn't quite get why Zeus killed Ares so angrily. It was all so muddled up! The script as well. Unbelievable dialogue, and it made the bad acting and weak story stand out even more. To sum up, the action in this action movie was great. The scenery was awesome. But the whole movie was let down by a horrible screenplay, bad acting, almost no character development, and a confusing and unconvincing plot. The story was just plain boring, and the whole movie just pointless. I hoped I would enjoy it, but ultimately, I'll have to give it two stars out of five.
Adult Written byfriedch1cken June 9, 2012

Very bloody!!

Very bloody!! There is one sexual scene.
Kid, 12 years old June 2, 2012

OK for mature teens

The movie immortals is a very bloody movie. in one scee they show a man smashing someones testicles. There is also one sex scene. Overall, I would rate it R for a scene of sexuality, and bloody violence
Kid, 12 years old May 27, 2012

Not as bad as everyone says

Well as my name inplies I am an blood fan so the blood was well---Epic. I saw no nudity but I may have been in the bathroom at that time. But overall it was realy-good movie, sadly it started a little slow.
Adult Written bychristian2011 May 17, 2012

Good movie. Violence and sexual content can be an issue.

Immortals is very similar to the movie 300, and this movie deals with the war between the gods and the titans. It contains scenes of strong, stylized bloody violence including graphic decapitations and stabbings. There's one scene where a man and a woman have sex in bed.
Teen, 16 years old Written bygoldenlion666 April 21, 2012

immortals

good film
Teen, 16 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 April 15, 2012

gh

The Best Visuals a movie could have with ok acting, lil camera shakey makes a Medeocher movie.
Kid, 6 years old March 24, 2012

Man i should not be watching this

Cool movie but defidently would be creepy for other kids my age
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 March 18, 2012

Very good,awesome CGI.

Saw this on opening day with my dad in Imax 3D.There is extreme violence and gore especially when the gods come out at the end with lots of blood and some sex,but if your kids have seen 300,which Im sure they already have,then this is no problem.
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2012

Immortals

This wasn't very good. The last 20 minutes gave it the second star. This had extreme, brutal, sometimes graphic violence (including decapitation, stabbing, and more). There was one sex scene that included partial nudity. I expected that it would be good. I was disappointed.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWafflez360 March 9, 2012

I'm like a dinosaur

I haven't seen da movie and I'm like 14 But... I hve little bros and sisters and i don't want them to like those type of stuff All I'm sayin is that's it's bloodthirsty and exposing girl parts
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 3, 2012

Very Graphic Myhthological movie

Extremely Violent. I was disappointed with the first half which dragged a bit, but the second half was extremely brutal and gory. A mild sex scene is present.
Teen, 15 years old Written byantoineisthebest December 4, 2011

nice

the movie it self is not really violent and is not gory until the god came in (one god kill all of the warrior by making their head explode but we don't see it well the ending fight is really gory titan get slice decapited....)but overal good movie but the secreenplay is bad but who car