All member reviews for In Bruges

Hit man movie is violent, profane, and provocative.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDrummer1235 April 9, 2008

Funny movie!

In Bruges is a very very funny movie. the first half is mostly comedy and the second half is not as funny and has more action. both halves make a very good and funny movie. Language and Violence are the primary concerns but are fine for anyone 12+. see this movie. peace
Teen, 16 years old Written bymcmoses November 29, 2010
One of the best films of the decade!
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 June 22, 2014

An accomplishment in dark comedy and morality!

I was totally bowled over by this movie, a hidden gem which did get some Golden Globe/Oscar recognition but never really has gotten the praise it deserves. It has fully realized, complex characters who struggle with what they do: murder. Do murderers go to heaven if they believe in an afterlife? What's the difference between killing a bad person or a bystander...isn't it still a life that weighs on you? All these components, coupled with a murderously villainous Ralph Fiennes and two great leads with bubbling chemistry result in a very dark humored comedy that must be seen by film buffs.
Adult Written byjacksonian July 3, 2009

Not really for kids, but a great film for moms and dads.

Breaks stereotypes (along with the heads, arms, and fingers). Not appropriate for kids, but adults will find this darkly comic, in that the two assassins are trying to cover for one another, and help each other "get out of the business." Acting is first-rate, and these two guys are very believable in their roles — Ralph FIennes is truly evil and menacing (not in the Harry Potter sort of way) and you find yourself rooting for and identifying with these two bad guys. I look forward to the rainy night when we watch this again (without the kids).
Parent of a 1, 3, 12, and 16 year old Written byNikkiV March 23, 2009

Great movie, but not for developing minds

This is a really hilarious movie. It's well acted and directed and beautiful to look at, but definitely not for kids. The violence and gore is very real and very scary. There's also a serious drug scene and they drink throughout the movie. No one is a very good role model either.
Adult Written byorigamifreak February 23, 2009

Funny and violent

The first part of the movie helps you get to know the main characters, which gives the violence in the second half have a completely different feeling than if it had been violent from the beginning. Overall a great movie, but the ending was a little unsatisfying.
Parent of a 1, 8, 10, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil February 21, 2009

Brilliant and Original

This movie was amazing a must see.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebo344 February 5, 2016

A bit slow, but a great drama.

In Bruges is a good, yet violent drama. Colin Farrell, Brendan Glesson and Ralph Fiennes gave decent performances. Grade: B.
Teen, 14 years old Written byzepotronic March 19, 2014

I loved this movie

This movie is very funny. i don't see how anyone could give this movie an 18 and up age rating. there's three things bad things in this movie: bad language(f***,s***,...), bloody violence, and mild drug use. this movie is a must see for anybody who likes dark comedies, or even comedies in general
Teen, 17 years old Written byBehindthescene November 24, 2013

And I'm sorry I called you an inanimate object. I was upset.

Such a strange film. Very well-crafted, but strange. The "Strong Bloody Violence" rating on the box is a little off, I think. The violence is present, but it's the general dark tone of violence and regret that are more pervasive than on-screen violence. Language is constant, strong, and not always called for (in fact, not usually called for). There is a fairly extended scene involving cocaine use and drinking is seen throughout the film. In Bruges is a very funny, if also very strangely dark and melancholy, film, and is worth a watch if you like dark comedies.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJustino4 April 9, 2012

Not Bad But Odd

It wasn't a bad movie. I just found it to be odd. I didn't really like the combination between Comedy and (Brutal) Action. I think that you shouldn't add any sort of comedy to the same movie where a little boy is shot in the head!
Teen, 14 years old Written byeastside01 June 11, 2009

In Bruges is a clever movie.

In Bruges is the best movie i've seen by Colin Farrell but the movie deals with a heavy matter dealing with a child being killed. Other than that the movie is very good.