All member reviews for Inception

Intense, complex, brilliant sci-fi thriller is OK for teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byagneumeyer April 14, 2011

Content Not Too Bad, but Plot Difficult to Understand

I fell in love with this movie the first time I saw it, the second time, my love only expanded, but it was my fourth viewing to take in the full extent of Inception. Sure, I got the gist, but some parts of the plot were difficult to understand, and for younger children, it would probably be just inexplicible.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byjcb333 July 30, 2010

absolutely not

uses Lords name in vain. do not see, period.
Kid, 10 years old May 6, 2011

perfect for teens

I loved it. Great movie. A must see. But for older kids
Teen, 15 years old Written byAlejandro12345 October 15, 2011

Am I dreaming?

This film is very creative and well thought out, but its a hard movie to understand. If you do understand it then it is amazing. If you enjoy challenging your mind, then you will thoroughly enjoy this film. I highly recommend you check out this movie!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMalahaganite September 1, 2011

Good GOD this movie literally blew my mind

Once again Christopher Nolan is back with yet another masterpiece. I had to watch this movie about twice to get the plot which is why I think this movie would be suitable for 14 year olds and up. The violence in this movie isn't terribly frightening but could be to some younger viewers.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymasonlackey January 15, 2011

good movie

good movie
Written byAnonymous July 30, 2010

A wonderful movie... if you understand it...

This movie has an absolutely wonderful plot, great actors, amazing concepts, but is held back by confusion. I don't know how much I can really say without revealing anything, but pay very close attention to the plot, or go back a second time to do so...
Parent of a 15 year old Written byTsion July 22, 2010

It must be hard to think that Christopher Nolan can top THE DARK KNIGHT in any way, shape, or form. Oftentimes in successful careers like his, the director hits a high point and immediately sinks to mediocre projects (M. Night, I'm talking about you!). However, Nolan tops his latest Batman film in every way possible in the incredible picture INCEPTION. This movie is not only THE movie of the year, but also one of the best, most enjoyable movies I've ever seen! And I'm generally hard to please as far as movies go. However, INCEPTION does everything: it's action-packed, engaging, entertaining, moving, and thought-provoking. This movie is nothing short of brilliant, and all adults and teens should go and see it right away. It's not okay for kids, however. Violence in the movie is almost constant, with loads of explosions, gunfire, and countless casualties. However, almost all of these are bloodless and they take place in dreams (thus rendering them harmless in real life). In order to wake up from a dream, a character needs to die. So, the film has countless harrowing scenes that show main characters commiting suicide by gun, knife, falling from great heights, etc. Most of this is bloodless, but in any case it can get sort of hard to watch. A ton of the movie is very intense and nerve-wracking, and young kids just flat out won't be able to handle that. On the upside, there is no sex and language is usually mild, with frequent "d**n"s, "h*ll"s, and infrequent "s**t"s.
Teen, 17 years old Written byXenon Vortex December 3, 2010

Very "Mind Bending" Movie (Pun not intended)

It's rare that a movie gets me to use my brain. Inception was BRILLIANT from start to finish. I loved the concept of the subconscious and all the science and ideas they presented. I also loved how this movie had no sexual content. It's also rare when a PG-13 movie excludes that sort of content. Which is good. It makes younger audiences able to see it, I suppose. My only issue was excessive profanity and violence, but since most of the violence takes place in the dream world, it's not as scary, but it's still intense. GREAT movie. Thumbs up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFCD97909 July 27, 2010

AMAZING!!!!!!!!

all i have to say its the BEST MOVIE EVER CREATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old August 15, 2011

OK

I didn't LOVE it, but that's probably because I'm only 10. If I was in my twenties I would probably LOVE it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKinbJune June 18, 2011

Confusion

Ok, this is the most complex movie I've seen in my lifetime. I couldn't even tell the difference between a dream and reality because the only indication was if there was a disturbance or paradox. The main indication was the spinning of a top, and if it stayed in one place and kept spinning, then you'd know that you were in a dream. But they have to go into so many dreams. They have to go into about four I believe, but it's just a hassle to keep track of. My advice is, if you have the IQ of Stephen Hawking, then this is the movie for you, but if you're looking for a simple idea (that doesn't take 2 hours to plant), then I say you should forget about this. I barely followed it! But in retrospect, I was watching this at 11 o' clock at night, so that might've added to how tiresome this movie seemed to be to me. Now that I've read the synopsis, I can understand it better, but you shouldn't have to do that to understand a movie.
Parent of a 3, 10, and 13 year old Written byAvodahMami March 26, 2011

Very Good, but questionable for younger than 13.

Its very well done & quite mind-bending. I think that most of the concepts might be lost on a kid younger than 13. Its not overly violent or with gratuitous gore or sex scenes, but some drinking, alot of smoking. Moderate+ violence with suicide. I would put it at a YELLOW light for 10-13. My 13 yr old loved it, 10 yr old wasnt that interested due to loss of concept reasoning.
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 January 29, 2011

Any kid that can has watched Star Wars or Iron Man can easily handle this, but might not get it. AMAZING MOVIE!!!!!

Pretty much any kid that has seen Iron Man will be able to handle this movie, but they might not get it. It is such a mind-bending cinematic experience that it will probably freak their brains out. Plus, if kids are too young (like 5-9), they might worry about whether or not they are really in real life or if they are in a "dream". This was such a freakin' awesome movie. Like, a true cinematic masterpiece. Let me warn you: you won't get it after watching it once. You will have to watch it at least 3 times before you can conclude whether "it fell or not". watch the movie and you'll understand me. *******IN SHORT!!!!********* Kids who have sharp minds will LOVE this movie. Kids who don't will be lost. Kids with wild imaginations will probably start spinning tops and questioning reality. Seriously. I could not stop thinking about the movie for a very long time. It was just that awesome.
Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2010

amazing movie A must see Awesome
Adult Written bymirzaaftab99 May 23, 2015

Teen, 13 years old Written byJacob56789 May 12, 2015

Confusing but a great movie

This film is very confusing and has a decent amount of violence even though it is rated a 12. There is no sex except when they kiss a couple of times and there is hardly any swearing.There is no drugs and no consumerism but this film is very confusing.
Adult Written byartist April 18, 2015

Teen, 13 years old Written byI like sports April 7, 2015

Exceptional but confusing.

Incredible! This movie is full of action but has a twisting, turning plot. Has some violence but age 14 is ridiculous.
Teen, 13 years old Written byibibrov April 2, 2015

Inception is amazing!

I loved this movie as it shows how thin the line is between dream and reality.I don't think there's any other movie about dreams.Sometimes it can get confusing,but if you're 14 and over it should be fine.Definitely needs at leat 2 viewings.Amazing.