Intense, complex, brilliant sci-fi thriller is OK for teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byagneumeyer April 14, 2011

Content Not Too Bad, but Plot Difficult to Understand

I fell in love with this movie the first time I saw it, the second time, my love only expanded, but it was my fourth viewing to take in the full extent of Inception. Sure, I got the gist, but some parts of the plot were difficult to understand, and for younger children, it would probably be just inexplicible.
Kid, 10 years old May 6, 2011

perfect for teens

I loved it. Great movie. A must see. But for older kids
Teen, 15 years old Written byAlejandro12345 October 15, 2011

Am I dreaming?

This film is very creative and well thought out, but its a hard movie to understand. If you do understand it then it is amazing. If you enjoy challenging your mind, then you will thoroughly enjoy this film. I highly recommend you check out this movie!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMalahaganite September 1, 2011

Good GOD this movie literally blew my mind

Once again Christopher Nolan is back with yet another masterpiece. I had to watch this movie about twice to get the plot which is why I think this movie would be suitable for 14 year olds and up. The violence in this movie isn't terribly frightening but could be to some younger viewers.
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 January 29, 2011

Any kid that can has watched Star Wars or Iron Man can easily handle this, but might not get it. AMAZING MOVIE!!!!!

Pretty much any kid that has seen Iron Man will be able to handle this movie, but they might not get it. It is such a mind-bending cinematic experience that it will probably freak their brains out. Plus, if kids are too young (like 5-9), they might worry about whether or not they are really in real life or if they are in a "dream". This was such a freakin' awesome movie. Like, a true cinematic masterpiece. Let me warn you: you won't get it after watching it once. You will have to watch it at least 3 times before you can conclude whether "it fell or not". watch the movie and you'll understand me. *******IN SHORT!!!!********* Kids who have sharp minds will LOVE this movie. Kids who don't will be lost. Kids with wild imaginations will probably start spinning tops and questioning reality. Seriously. I could not stop thinking about the movie for a very long time. It was just that awesome.
Teen, 17 years old Written byXenon Vortex December 3, 2010

Very "Mind Bending" Movie (Pun not intended)

It's rare that a movie gets me to use my brain. Inception was BRILLIANT from start to finish. I loved the concept of the subconscious and all the science and ideas they presented. I also loved how this movie had no sexual content. It's also rare when a PG-13 movie excludes that sort of content. Which is good. It makes younger audiences able to see it, I suppose. My only issue was excessive profanity and violence, but since most of the violence takes place in the dream world, it's not as scary, but it's still intense. GREAT movie. Thumbs up.
Adult Written byOneVeryLongUsername January 31, 2015

"Inception" - Parental and Artistic Review.

Sexual Content: Cobb and Saito first meet in a "love nest" where Saito frequently meets his lover—a relationship he's managed to keep secret in his waking life. We see people kiss, and one character uses subterfuge to steal a kiss. A couple of women wear low-cut tops. 1.2 out of 10. Violent/Gory Content: Violence in "Inception" is tricky to tally. At times we see real men get hurt or killed. But much of the violence is perpetuated in dream worlds, where the people we see are not real, but manifestations of the subject's subconscious. As a result, the "real" body count is surprisingly low (at least for a film that wields this much intensity), while metaphysical fatalities run off the chart. Merging both categories, people are punched, kicked, choked, shot (scores of times), stabbed, hit by cars (several times), blown up, attacked by rampaging mobs, almost buried by avalanches and nearly drowned. Someone gets shot in the foot—just to illustrate that, while dying in a dream state is difficult, pain is all too easy to come by. The visceral feel of the violence is about what you'd expect for a PG-13 movie—and, frankly, maybe a step back from a prime-time actioner on television. The mayhem is practically bloodless (an exception: after a shot to the chest, we see red seep through a man's shirt as he coughs up flecks of blood), and it's perpetrated with a certain, almost chilly, remove. When someone wants to exit a dream, they simply "kill" themselves or have someone do it for them. Cobb, for instance, shoots one of his compadres in the head to wake him up. (We see a bloodless hole in his forehead.) Because the sensation of falling can jar someone awake, folks routinely engineer the end of their dreams by plummeting off bridges or cutting loose elevator cables. One character throws another off a cliff. This fixation with dreamscape suicide manifests itself in tragic fashion with Cobb's wife, Mal. The two of them slip into a dream state for, seemingly, decades before Cobb begins to think that perhaps both of them have gotten lost there. He plants an idea into Mal's brain—a true one, in this case—that the life they're "living" is not real, and he encourages her to commit suicide with him. They both lay their heads on a railroad track as a train rumbles toward them. (The scene ends just before the train reaches them). The act jars them both back to what is, apparently, the real world … but Mal can't shake the feeling that this life, too, is still a dream—including their two children. She begins to fondle knives and begs Cobb to enter another suicide pact with her so they can see their "real" children. Cobb, of course, refuses. Then, on their anniversary, Cobb finds Mal on a ledge, ready to jump. "I'm going to ask you to take a leap of faith," she tells him, adding that she fabricated evidence that, should she die, would frame Cobb for her "murder"—her way of encouraging Cobb to die with her. Then she jumps. 6.2 out of 10. Profanity: At least 11 "hells," 2 "asses" (both used with "hole"), 2 "damns," 1 use of "piss off" and 1 use of "bastard." The middle finger is briefly used once. Religious exclamations and profanities include at least: 6 uses of "Goddamn," 3 of "Jesus Christ," 2 of "Jesus," and 1 use each of "Oh, my God," "My God" and "Oh, God." 4.1 out of 10. Substance Use: Folks drink wine and beer. Intravenous drugs—sedatives and other mysterious concoctions—are required to put people into these dreamlike states. Perhaps the most nefarious drug here, though, is the dreams themselves. It's suggested that these artificial dream states are, in some way, addictive. In one scene, we see listless bodies strapped to machines pumping dream-causing chemicals into their bodies. We're told it's the only way they can dream anymore, and for them, an old man says, "The dream has become their reality. Who are you to say otherwise?" Cobb, too, has lost his ability to dream normally, and so he repeatedly hooks himself up to delve into his own haunting dream world. 5.1 out of 10. Conclusion: "Inception" is another one of Christopher Nolan's masterpieces. It has a great (but complex) story, amazing visual effects and a brilliant soundtrack. I highly recommend this film and I give it 8.6 out of 10.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymasonlackey January 15, 2011

good movie

good movie
Parent of a 15 year old Written byTsion July 22, 2010
It must be hard to think that Christopher Nolan can top THE DARK KNIGHT in any way, shape, or form. Oftentimes in successful careers like his, the director hits a high point and immediately sinks to mediocre projects (M. Night, I'm talking about you!). However, Nolan tops his latest Batman film in every way possible in the incredible picture INCEPTION. This movie is not only THE movie of the year, but also one of the best, most enjoyable movies I've ever seen! And I'm generally hard to please as far as movies go. However, INCEPTION does everything: it's action-packed, engaging, entertaining, moving, and thought-provoking. This movie is nothing short of brilliant, and all adults and teens should go and see it right away. It's not okay for kids, however. Violence in the movie is almost constant, with loads of explosions, gunfire, and countless casualties. However, almost all of these are bloodless and they take place in dreams (thus rendering them harmless in real life). In order to wake up from a dream, a character needs to die. So, the film has countless harrowing scenes that show main characters commiting suicide by gun, knife, falling from great heights, etc. Most of this is bloodless, but in any case it can get sort of hard to watch. A ton of the movie is very intense and nerve-wracking, and young kids just flat out won't be able to handle that. On the upside, there is no sex and language is usually mild, with frequent "d**n"s, "h*ll"s, and infrequent "s**t"s.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAstroPhysics December 13, 2015

Good, but matrix is better

You will love this movie, but I would recommend the matrix more. plot is a bit difficult to understand for young kids. really good. you should watch it,
Kid, 10 years old August 15, 2011

OK

I didn't LOVE it, but that's probably because I'm only 10. If I was in my twenties I would probably LOVE it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFCD97909 July 27, 2010

AMAZING!!!!!!!!

all i have to say its the BEST MOVIE EVER CREATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byCashburner March 15, 2016

Watch!

Perfect movie. Full of action and agony. Unique story and perfect cast! For action, adventure and fantasy lovers. Probably one of the best movies I have ever seen. It is very well directed, played and recorded and it is one of the (less than 10) movies I have watched that keeps you all the time excited and awake. Its main story surprised me because it was really clever and unique (not like other movies who always use the same main idea). The cast played their roles as they were in real life. The scenes were fantastic, which means that you will remember them for a long long time, cause they will surprise you! Costumes, makeup, effects etc. were perfect. Personally, I will suggest this movie as a "MUST WATCH" movie to anyone who likes action, adventure and fantasy movies and has not watched it yet. Unfortunately, there will be guys who won't like the movie, because it contains somehow metaphysics. My personal opinion is that this makes the whole movie unique and one of my favorite movies... Have fun watching this movie. Cause it deserves it! Cashburner - 9.3/10
Teen, 17 years old Written by_____________ August 29, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written byKinbJune June 18, 2011

Confusion

After years of pondering and watching and re-watching this beloved masterpiece, I can state wholeheartedly that this film was worth the price of admission and DVD. The sheer amount of exposition and expertly crafted dialogue is enough to make any film mogul drop head over heels for this piece of art. Every time you watch this movie, it is a new experience; such is the effect of the film-making expertise brought to us by Christopher Nolan. I recommend experiencing this treatise several times, as you will not inhale every bit of detail from the first sitting.
Parent of a 3, 10, and 13 year old Written byAvodahMami March 26, 2011

Very Good, but questionable for younger than 13.

Its very well done & quite mind-bending. I think that most of the concepts might be lost on a kid younger than 13. Its not overly violent or with gratuitous gore or sex scenes, but some drinking, alot of smoking. Moderate+ violence with suicide. I would put it at a YELLOW light for 10-13. My 13 yr old loved it, 10 yr old wasnt that interested due to loss of concept reasoning.
Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2010
amazing movie A must see Awesome
Teen, 15 years old Written byPrivate Movie Guy August 27, 2016

Nolan heist flick is as violent as the dark knight trilogy

My rating:PG-13 for some sequences of violence and action and some destruction
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe age judge July 30, 2016
Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2016

Inception delivers the thrills while still being thought provoking

Inception is about dreams and the main character, Dom Cobb (Leaornado dicaprio) is a master at stealing them. His wife died for reasons that I will not explain due to spoilers. In order to see his children again, he must perform Inception- planting a dream in someone's mind. He collects a team to help him. These include a girl called Adriane and a man called Arthur. The acting is superb- Joseph Gorden Levitt and Learnado Dicaprio are perfectly casted for this film. It also includes some excellent special effects- one where the characters defy gravity. In conclusion, Inception is an interesting, entertaining thriller with top knotch performances and interesting ideas about our subconsciousness.