All member reviews for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Teen, 15 years old Written byDVS Cable Polenin April 9, 2008

sorta disapointing

This movie was sort of a disapointment. it started great and continued to carry on great adventure and all that but i just got turned off a bit at the temple of doom. it was a bit demonic n that kinda ruined for me. other than that it might actually have been my favourite out of the series. almost :P
Teen, 13 years old Written bySafemancam001 February 15, 2011

Great action movie, but not for kids.

This movie had the 5th creepiest death in the seires. Heart Ripped-out of chest. This is my second favorite of the seires. This movie is one of the movies that helped create PG-13! It was probably the gore (although at a low level).
Teen, 13 years old Written bycooldude1234 December 20, 2010

great but gory

This movie is a lot more gory than raiders and crusade and the scenes of torturing the children made me wince when I was little. So wait until they are 13.
Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2010

Too dark

I really disliked the movie. It was way too gross and bloody for a PG movie
Kid, 10 years old July 15, 2010

shoud be R you heard me RRRRRRRRRRRRR rated R

gorey and a mix of grose eating like eye ball soup and frid snake and lots of bugs worms and elafent strong crsing and lots of sex
Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2009

good movie

this movie has more bad language than commonsense said it had including h..l,d..n,s..t and b.....d. The violence is people getting burned,hung,people getting their heart taken out and people getting eaten by alligators. There is also a scene where people are eating monkey brains snakes and many other gruesome things.
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2015

A good adventure film, might scare young children

Good action adventure movie. A few people die, not much blood though. Graphic scene where a man's heart is ripped out of his chest. No sexual references. The word shit is used a few times, no F bombs. Barely any drugs/alcohol. Heart ripping scene may scare and disgust some people. Good action movie for 8+
Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2014

Most violent indy movie

Violence- 4 (Moderate Violence)
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustin1312 August 1, 2014

SHUT UP WILLIE!

This movie is probably the most dark and depressing Indiana Jones flick as it has the main characters being trapped in a creepy dungeon for half of it, full of kids being whipped and forced to mine for these magic rocks. One slave even says that he wants to die to end it all. The film does have some goofy scenes though. The most intense that it gets is when is when a cult called the Thug-hee sacrifice a man by having his heart ripped out, lowered in to a pit of lava, and having the heart set on fire while it happens. The film has some typical action violence, a bit of mild profanity, and a few jump scares. The head of the cult, Mola Ram, may intimidate younger kids, and some scenes may make some people cringe. If a young kid watches this then they might need a parent with them, but if there over that then they should be able to handle this. NOTE: Any viewer who has ears may be offended by the film's heroine Willie Scott, who does nothing but whine, scream, and complain through the whole movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 10, 2014

Raiders prequel does good

indiana jones and the temple of doom is a great movie.There are disturbing scenes including kids being tortured and people eating disgusting foods.Disappointing compared to raiders but an excellent prequel.Won 1/3 for visual effects.This movie is one of the biggest reasons they released PG-13 movies a year later.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheton1789 June 29, 2014

Just Okay Sequel

The sequel to Raiders of the Lost Ark is a disappointing but okay sequel to one of hollywood's best. Parents should know this movie contains shootouts, car chases, sword fights, fistfights, bar fights, and other violent action scenes. Characters are constantly in peril and many characters die on and off camera in bloody and sometimes gruesome ways. One character is tortured and a minor character dies after having his heart ripped out on screen (though this is incredibly unrealistic as it is not very gory and the character is still alive after his heart has been ripped out). In another scene a character is poisoned and desperately searches for an antidote as a shootout and bar fight plays out around him. Children in the story are slaves to the villain who works them in mines. Many characters become possessed and turn evil before being brought back to normal later on. Language is milder than the first one including one shit, bastard, damn, and hell. Some minor characters smoke but this is very minor. Champagne is served in a bar and restaurant in the beginning. Two characters flirt during one scene. Overall, this is okay for kids 11+ who can get through some of the more violent moments.
Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2014

BBFC 12

12: Contains moderate horror, violence, language and mild sex references.
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2014

Anything goes... FOR THIS MOVIE!

It was awesome! The best (and most intense) Indiana Jones movie! It had violence! I like violence!
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2014

Least gory in the series (in my opinion)

I think it is the least scary indy movie because the first had faces melting the third had decapatation an aging and Dying super fast and the fourth had man eating ants and somebody eyes are on fire so temple of doom is the least of your worries there is only really a heart being pulled out.
Kid, 12 years old February 21, 2014

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom movie review

Like every successful action movie, "Raiders of the Lost Ark" got another installment in a franchise. Was this film better than "Raiders of the Lost Ark"? I would say no. While this movie had a bigger and more expanded plot than its predecessor, it was not better. The movie itself had a completely different tone than "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and that is why many people do not like this movie. I liked many elements about this movie. By any means, I don't hate this film. I liked the action scenes and I think the action and special effects were somewhat better than "Raiders of the Lost Ark". However, the story itself seems a little weird to me. In my opinion, "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is a far superior movie. It had a better acting and overall, it was more interesting. "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" is still a fun movie and I recommend checking it out.
Kid, 10 years old September 15, 2013

Great Again!

A very successful sequel 1 of the best in the series praise to Harrison Ford.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOfficial Critic August 22, 2013

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Review

Temple of Doom doesn't so much pay tribute to the serial adventures of yore as it does embody them. Here, frivolity and evil blithely coexist—and women are a lot more likely to scream than win drinking contests.
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2013

An Ok Sequel

The 1st one's a classic, but this one's just OK. There's a disgusting dinner scene where they eat eyeball soup, live snakes, beetles, and chilled monkey brains. There's also a human sacrifice scene.
Kid, 10 years old July 19, 2013

Not as good as the first but it's still a thrilling action-adventure with terrific special effects

Violence 4/5: A heart is pulled out of a human body. Alligators rip up bad guys in a bloody mess. Indy is trapped in a room closing fast with tons of bugs crawling around. A plane crashes into a mountain and explodes. In the beginning there is a poisoning and a shot-out kind of thing. Near the end there is a huge battle scene. Sex 3/5: Indy and a girl flirt and plan to do it but it never happens. There is a joke where Indy puts his hands on stone boobs. He also references to "Nocturnal mating habits". Language 3/5: one "s**t", some "bastards", and a few uses of "hell". Quality 4/5: The pace is fast, the action is awesome, and the story is great and rife with humor, but something is a little off that makes this not as perfect as "Raiders of the Lost Ark".
Teen, 13 years old Written bytheguy93 July 6, 2013

I love this movie!

The movie is an amazing sequel to the Indiana Jones trilogy! I loved it but has pretty freaky violence and lot of blood. May be to intense for many young viewers.