All member reviews for Inside Llewyn Davis

Teen, 13 years old Written bydoubleE December 31, 2013

The Movie is Phenomenal... The Language Isn't

First of all this movie was FANTASTIC! I have no idea why I wanted to see this but I was so glad I did. The music is terrific and this was one of the best movies of 2013. There is so much language in this movie. It seems like the F word was used 400 times or in every sentence. There is no sex but some really heavy discussions on abortion. Violence is very slim with a couple of fist fights. A mature teen could handles but I doubt a teen would want to see this... AMAZING movie!
Teen, 17 years old Written byB-KMastah January 1, 2014

Kind of messy, but fitfully so.

Each performance is stellar even if some are minimized, and the direction and music complements it perfectly. The story drifts a fair amount and I honestly don't have any problem with, it's just that the marketing and promotional material for the film showcases several people that are just barely there (don't expect to see more than two scenes of Justin Timberlake and John Goodman). The marketing for this movie is actually pretty terrible. However, as with this film, I quite like drifting stories because they allow for a more realistic and first-person perspective of events. Oscar Isaac is sosososo good and his character verges on anti-hero since he's such a bad person when you think about what he does, but he gives it depth and loads of charisma. Carey Mulligan was surprisingly convincing as a sort of totally mean person, which I haven't really seen from her before. The thing I was the most skeptical of was the music, but thank God it works super well. It's crucial, of course, but works because the actors the play subtle and everything feels realistic. It drags a bit, but the color pallet and coldly immersive nature helps.