All member reviews for Insidious: Chapter 2

Horror sequel brings more of the same creepy scares.

Teen, 14 years old Written byI am cookie monster September 15, 2013

Very fun and interesting movie!

First of all, I just wanna let everyone know that this is coming from someone who doesn't really get scared by movies. Insidious chapter 2 is a very fun and heart pounding movie that I reccommend to anyone 13 and up. I also reccommend that you bring a group of friends with you because, obviously, the more the merrier! It also has a surprisingly good and interesting (and slightly confusing) storyline. And as far as scary goes... I think if you're easily scared you should at least give this movie a try with some friends because it really is a blast.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySean Broucek September 13, 2013

Better, and still very well-acted and scary

Parents, even though your teen horror fans may be super eager to watch this second chapter to the acclaimed "Insidious", but even though this movie is rated PG-13, it isn't meant for anyone under the age of 14, due to very effective scares and strong thematic elements, not to mention some harsh language. Violence is much higher in this movie then the last one, including a dad beating up his wife and children, a man getting stunned with a taser, a mother abuses her child, and several mutilated and rotting bodies are shown, but it is mostly the shocking scares that pushes the envelope. Sex includes some brief kissing between the married main characters. Language is infrequent, but still has uses of "b-tch", "s--t", and one use of "f--k", though very hard to hear, due to loud noises in the background. In the end, the bottom line to this movie is that it is better than the original, and a very good, well-made, well-acted horror film. SUGGESTED MPAA RATING: Rated PG-13 For Some Violent Content Including Child Abuse, Intense/Frightening Sequences, And For Some Disturbing Images
Kid, 11 years old September 14, 2013

Insidous Chapter 2

Teen, 15 years old Written byJust believe me January 2, 2014

The truth on insidious chapter 2!

So I saw this in theaters with my friends and after seeing the first this was just as good probably better. It was VERY interesting. It had it frequent moments of jump scares, but nothing extreme. There is language here and there but not anything major. I said that this is pause for 12 but any kid could see this from 10+. If the kid isn't too scared of pop ups then it's defiantly a go for an interesting thriller with a few chills but nothing for night terrors after a week.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKyle1414 September 18, 2013

HORRIFYING MOVIE!

Alright, so first let's just say this: I honestly do not find the first Insidious scary. I find it more creepy and erie than scary. I do enjoy the first installment, but Insidious: Chapter 2....is just....oh my god...it is HORRIFYING! There were so many jump scares, terrifying images...AHH! And I love horror movies so much, so I generally don't get too scared but Insidious 2 is MOST DEFINITELY the MOST HORRIFYING movie I have EVER seen! My Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 For Thematic Elements, Intense Sequences of Violence And Terror, Startling Moments, And Language. Parents, be careful!!! This movie was released in theaters September 13th. Comes to DVD on December 24th!
Parent of a 6 year old Written byChristianMother101 September 18, 2013

Excellent!

I'll admit, I was wary when I went to watch this movie with my six-year-old, however, roughly 46 minutes into the movie, i looked over at my daughter and found that she was completely delighted with the charming effects and strong family-oriented storyline. This movie contained positive family values and excellent computer graphics.
Kid, 12 years old January 11, 2014

Parent Written byDan G. September 15, 2013

Just another haunted house movie

It is very violent and there is some crude language profanity.
Kid, 10 years old September 14, 2013

ONE OF THE SCARIEST FILMS OF THE DECADE

A brilliant sequel to Insidious, Insidious Chapter 2 is much better. While the first Insidious was hardly scary at all. Chapter 2 is absolutely terrifying, hugely disturbing and definitely not for kids. Patrick Wilson gives a great and scary performance, even though it's very similar to The Shining. Chapter 2 is a brilliant and terrifying masterpiece.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 September 22, 2013

Great movie.

I love this horror movie maker because he shows that you don't need violence and sex to make a horror movie. I mean all it is, is mainly creepy. The worst thing of violence is some implied killings and a girl slapping people. No real language maybe a few S words at the most. Nothing sexual at all, and when I say nothing I mean nothing. This one was great, and actual brought a little bit of humor into this series. 9 and up if not scared easy.
Kid, 11 years old September 18, 2013

Appropriate, but scary.

In my opinion, this movie was better than "Insidious". Coming from a person that doesn't get scared by movies that much, this one made me jump out of my seat several times throughout the movie. I think this film is totally appropriate, just scary.
Adult Written byEminemftw January 2, 2015

Insidious 2- Review

Insidious 2 is a great horror movie witch will keep you gripped, but it is tence, scary and twisted which may leave your children with nightmares or iffy thoughts. So I would recommend if you showing this to your kid who is new to horror movies start him off with more appropriate horror films; such as the women in black Rated 12/pg-13, Darkskies 15/pg-13. (NOTE) only watch Insidious Chapter 2 after the first insidious it's linked.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieBrowser November 1, 2014

Yikes

I loved this movie, it was great. Language, very violent, disturbing during mostly the whole movie. Some go to bed with nightmares. If you love horror movies I recommend this one. It's very violent including; people being slapped onto the floor: a child and a mother are, people being slammed into walls and trown onto floors, needle stabs, not too much gore but yes quite some bit of it, creepy images, ect. So I would say know your kid in my case, this has pop ups allot of the times. But not all the scenes are scenes where you eyes are shut and you can't open them, but most and mainly all of them are. Good movie, really violent for family friendly ness I give this like 1 1/2 stars. Thanks
Kid, 10 years old October 29, 2014

Awesome Insidious...2

I watched this movie a minute ago and honestly it wasn't that scary. Sure I jumped a couple of times but there wasn't really anything too scary. However in some scenes it's pretty violent and a woman is shown abusing her child. Plus there is some langauge but other than that a really great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnstewart August 18, 2014

LOVED IT!

The violence is a bit strong for a PG-13 movie, but there isn't much gore, so it's not that much for an R - for example: (may contain spoilers) a (possessed) man holds a knife in his hand and attacks another man, also attacks his wife and kids, and his mother, and almost strangles his wife. Also scary, but that's not the main part. I would say 14+ but should be okay with 13+
Teen, 16 years old Written byRockAndRollKid August 7, 2014

The same creepy eerie chills and scares with more violence. Some blood

Insidous chapter 2 is the hit sequel to the first hot movie Insidous. Insidous 2 packs in more scares,chills,every sounds,jump scares,frightening moments,and more. Plus the same type of scares are mostly in this just like the first one. Though this movie is a tiny winy bit less scarier then the first one. This film is still VERY FRIGHTENING AND VERY SCARY. And once again high on jumps. There is more violence too with a little bit more blood but still no gore. Violence includes: Child abuse,tooth ripping,physically fighting,mentally fighting,screaming,yelling,attacking,and a little bot more. There is also WAY more THEMATIC ELEMENTS in this film with things including child abuse,child death,regular death,and more. The language is the same with the mild da-n,h-ll,c-ap,g-d d-amn, Jesus, and a few uses of s-it, one son of a b-tch,and one possible f-ck but it's hard to notice with all the scary jump loud noises in the movie. And the film has a bit of added humor to make the story a bit lighter but still. VERY SCARY. Violence: 4.5/5: This film has double the violence as the first one which the first one has mild violence. Strong violence includes a bit more blood,jump scares,loud moments,physical fighting,mentally arguing and fighting,ghost attacks,killing,stabbing,tazerring,and a little bit more. This film though does add humor and some jokes though. Scary and frightening moments: 5/5: though the first one is also 5 and I said this is a little less scary this film is SUPER SCARY. WITH JUMPS,more ghosts,monsters,creepy moments,disturbing nightmare images,and more. Language: 3/5: d-amn,h-ll,one b-tch,a few uses of s-it,and one possible f-ck are used. Mostly mild-moderate language. Sex: 2/5: a couple act comfortable together and flirt,hug,and kiss. SUGGESTED MPAA RATING: PG13 for Intence frequent sequences of terror,violence,strong thematic element including child abuse,brief blood,and some language Or... (Equivalent rating) R for Intense strong terror,some violence,thematic element including child abuse.
Kid, 10 years old July 26, 2014

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!

there are not many horror movies like this one. There were so many screams in the movie theater. WARNING:VERY SCARY. And a little violence not a lot of bad language.
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2014

Seriously...this bad

this was so terrible i fell asleep half way through! it is not scary at all although some scenes are disturbing. i don't recommend watching this because it would be a waste of your time but it is really up to you
Teen, 13 years old Written bykyle_the_killer June 28, 2014

Amazingly scary horror film! So much better than the first in so many ways!

Insidious: Chapter 2 is an awesome horror movie. Insidious left some events that were left unexplained, and the beginning even starts with the last 30 seconds or so of Insidious. I personally don't find Insidious overwhelmingly scary like so many other people, but I find Insidious: Chapter 2 horrifying! So many jump scares that I love, and there are completely new events and twists involved that I NEVER would have guessed. This movie has such a great train of thought for the flow of events, and everything that happens. This is the best scary movie I have ever seen!
Teen, 14 years old Written byU.S.MARINES21 June 15, 2014

Scary Movie

This is a good movie for mature teens. I Highly do not recommend it for anyone younger than 13. This has no sex scenes, but a lot of freighting scenes. I was personally, scared in some parts. Spoiler!! There is one scene with a room full of dead women, it can scare some kids. It is not recommend with the amount of scary scences kids should not be watching this.