All member reviews for Insidious: Chapter 2

Horror sequel brings more of the same creepy scares.

Teen, 14 years old Written byI am cookie monster September 15, 2013

Very fun and interesting movie!

First of all, I just wanna let everyone know that this is coming from someone who doesn't really get scared by movies. Insidious chapter 2 is a very fun and heart pounding movie that I reccommend to anyone 13 and up. I also reccommend that you bring a group of friends with you because, obviously, the more the merrier! It also has a surprisingly good and interesting (and slightly confusing) storyline. And as far as scary goes... I think if you're easily scared you should at least give this movie a try with some friends because it really is a blast.
Kid, 11 years old September 14, 2013

Insidous Chapter 2

Teen, 17 years old Written bySean Broucek September 13, 2013

Better, and still very well-acted and scary

Parents, even though your teen horror fans may be super eager to watch this second chapter to the acclaimed "Insidious", but even though this movie is rated PG-13, it isn't meant for anyone under the age of 14, due to very effective scares and strong thematic elements, not to mention some harsh language. Violence is much higher in this movie then the last one, including a dad beating up his wife and children, a man getting stunned with a taser, a mother abuses her child, and several mutilated and rotting bodies are shown, but it is mostly the shocking scares that pushes the envelope. Sex includes some brief kissing between the married main characters. Language is infrequent, but still has uses of "b-tch", "s--t", and one use of "f--k", though very hard to hear, due to loud noises in the background. In the end, the bottom line to this movie is that it is better than the original, and a very good, well-made, well-acted horror film. SUGGESTED MPAA RATING: Rated PG-13 For Some Violent Content Including Child Abuse, Intense/Frightening Sequences, And For Some Disturbing Images
Parent of a 6 year old Written byChristianMother101 September 18, 2013

Excellent!

I'll admit, I was wary when I went to watch this movie with my six-year-old, however, roughly 46 minutes into the movie, i looked over at my daughter and found that she was completely delighted with the charming effects and strong family-oriented storyline. This movie contained positive family values and excellent computer graphics.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJust believe me January 2, 2014

The truth on insidious chapter 2!

So I saw this in theaters with my friends and after seeing the first this was just as good probably better. It was VERY interesting. It had it frequent moments of jump scares, but nothing extreme. There is language here and there but not anything major. I said that this is pause for 12 but any kid could see this from 10+. If the kid isn't too scared of pop ups then it's defiantly a go for an interesting thriller with a few chills but nothing for night terrors after a week.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKyle1414 September 18, 2013

HORRIFYING MOVIE!

Alright, so first let's just say this: I honestly do not find the first Insidious scary. I find it more creepy and erie than scary. I do enjoy the first installment, but Insidious: Chapter 2....is just....oh my god...it is HORRIFYING! There were so many jump scares, terrifying images...AHH! And I love horror movies so much, so I generally don't get too scared but Insidious 2 is MOST DEFINITELY the MOST HORRIFYING movie I have EVER seen! My Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 For Thematic Elements, Intense Sequences of Violence And Terror, Startling Moments, And Language. Parents, be careful!!! This movie was released in theaters September 13th. Comes to DVD on December 24th!
Parent Written byDan G. September 15, 2013

Just another haunted house movie

It is very violent and there is some crude language profanity.
Kid, 11 years old June 26, 2015

Better then the first story wise, but lacks some of the originals' creepy/scary qualities.

Like the first "Insidious", creepy shadows and figures are seen, some violent hand to hand combat, a needle that makes people pass out, terror of ambiguity, some language like goddamn, s--t and a man refers to his nuts. Bottom line? For kids only 13+
Teen, 13 years old Written byIan_hga116 January 31, 2014

Oh boy!

This movie isn't as scary as the first, but way creepier. If you have a kid 12 or under skip the part where the talk about the demon in black veils origins. It is very disturbing, a woman is tied up and gags as the demon laughs like the joker then grabs a knife. That seen will DEFINITELY deliver nightmares to any one
Kid, 10 years old January 30, 2014

Way better than the first one

I think this movie was pretty scary, but it was still good. This one was less profane but was more scary. It was great, and j loved it.
Kid, 12 years old January 11, 2014

Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 September 22, 2013

Great movie.

I love this horror movie maker because he shows that you don't need violence and sex to make a horror movie. I mean all it is, is mainly creepy. The worst thing of violence is some implied killings and a girl slapping people. No real language maybe a few S words at the most. Nothing sexual at all, and when I say nothing I mean nothing. This one was great, and actual brought a little bit of humor into this series. 9 and up if not scared easy.
Kid, 10 years old September 14, 2013

ONE OF THE SCARIEST FILMS OF THE DECADE

A brilliant sequel to Insidious, Insidious Chapter 2 is much better. While the first Insidious was hardly scary at all. Chapter 2 is absolutely terrifying, hugely disturbing . Patrick Wilson gives a great and scary performance, even though it's very similar to The Shining. Chapter 2 is a brilliant and terrifying masterpiece.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnstewart August 18, 2014

LOVED IT!

The violence is a bit strong for a PG-13 movie, but there isn't much gore, so it's not that much for an R - for example: (may contain spoilers) a (possessed) man holds a knife in his hand and attacks another man, also attacks his wife and kids, and his mother, and almost strangles his wife. Also scary, but that's not the main part. I would say 14+ but should be okay with 13+
Teen, 16 years old Written byRockAndRollKid August 7, 2014

The same creepy eerie chills and scares with more violence. Some blood

Insidous chapter 2 is the hit sequel to the first hot movie Insidous. Insidous 2 packs in more scares,chills,every sounds,jump scares,frightening moments,and more. Plus the same type of scares are mostly in this just like the first one. Though this movie is a tiny winy bit less scarier then the first one. This film is still VERY FRIGHTENING AND VERY SCARY. And once again high on jumps. There is more violence too with a little bit more blood but still no gore. Violence includes: Child abuse,tooth ripping,physically fighting,mentally fighting,screaming,yelling,attacking,and a little bot more. There is also WAY more THEMATIC ELEMENTS in this film with things including child abuse,child death,regular death,and more. The language is the same with the mild da-n,h-ll,c-ap,g-d d-amn, Jesus, and a few uses of s-it, one son of a b-tch,and one possible f-ck but it's hard to notice with all the scary jump loud noises in the movie. And the film has a bit of added humor to make the story a bit lighter but still. VERY SCARY. Violence: 4.5/5: This film has double the violence as the first one which the first one has mild violence. Strong violence includes a bit more blood,jump scares,loud moments,physical fighting,mentally arguing and fighting,ghost attacks,killing,stabbing,tazerring,and a little bit more. This film though does add humor and some jokes though. Scary and frightening moments: 5/5: though the first one is also 5 and I said this is a little less scary this film is SUPER SCARY. WITH JUMPS,more ghosts,monsters,creepy moments,disturbing nightmare images,and more. Language: 3/5: d-amn,h-ll,one b-tch,a few uses of s-it,and one possible f-ck are used. Mostly mild-moderate language. Sex: 2/5: a couple act comfortable together and flirt,hug,and kiss. SUGGESTED MPAA RATING: PG13 for Intence frequent sequences of terror,violence,strong thematic element including child abuse,brief blood,and some language Or... (Equivalent rating) R for Intense strong terror,some violence,thematic element including child abuse.
Teen, 15 years old Written byone direction March 23, 2014

This was way better than the first one

I don't really watch horror movies but I watched this one and I really liked it and I will probably watch horror movies now thanks to this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter January 16, 2014

Continues the awesome story from the fist, NOT as scary as the first one.

I AM A FAN OF THIS MOVIE!!! I loved the first one and this picked up where the first one left off. This is movie is pretty scary but, definitely not as scary as the first one. This movie focuses on the bride in black and not the red-faced demon. Not as many pop-out scenes as the first. Violence & scariness, some mild language, otherwise very clean.
Kid, 11 years old September 18, 2013

Appropriate, but scary.

In my opinion, this movie was better than "Insidious". Coming from a person that doesn't get scared by movies that much, this one made me jump out of my seat several times throughout the movie. I think this film is totally appropriate, just scary.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoĂŻc July 13, 2015

In 2nd movie, prepared to see a lot more terrifying horror show that is predecessor ! This film is really not suitable for children and adolescents under 14 years! / Pour ce 2eme film, préparée à voir un spectacle d’horreur bien plus terrifiant que sont prédécesseur ! Ce film n’est vraiment pas adapté pour les enfants et adolescents de moins de 14 ans !

Insidious Chapter 2, following the isidious film is much more terrifying and scary as Insidious . This movie is really scary with very intense terror , of demons that we see and that really make fears corpses decomposition , haunted houses and sinister atmosphere really scary . This film shows disturbing and frightening images , sounds ... There is no blood but this film is more violent and the effrayant.que premier.Il can really hit a young audience and make nightmares long a child, even great . This film is against the great and very interesting history as it premer in learning more about premier.Il is essential for me to see the first before this one . Rating: 8/10 Great movie with a very interesting and intriguing story . Horror fans will be served by movie that will make them fear from beginning to end! Excuse me for the mistakes but I'm french ! FRANCAIS:Insidious chapitre 2, la suite du film isidious, est bien plus terrifiant et effrayant que Insidious. Ce film est vraiment très effrayant avec des terreurs très intenses, des démons que l’on voit et qui font vraiment peurs, des cadavres en décompositions, des maisons hantées sinistre et une ambiance vraiment angoissante. Ce film montre des images perturbantes et effrayantes, des bruits… Il n’y a pas de sang mais ce film est plus violent et effrayant.que le premier.Il peut vraiment heurté un jeune public et faire cauchemarder longtemps un enfant, meme grand. Ce film est par contre super et l'histoire très intéressante , car elle premer dans apprendre plus sur le premier.Il est pour moi indispensable de voir le premier avant celui-ci. Note:8/10 Très bon film avec une histoire très intéressante et intrigante. Les fan d'horreur seront servit par se film qui leur fera peur du début à la fin ! Excusez moi pour les fautes mais je suis francais !
Kid, 8 years old June 29, 2015

Disturbing,scary,but entertaining horror flick is improved but still not great.

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of horror,violence,racy material,and language.