All member reviews for Insidious: Chapter 2

Teen, 14 years old Written byI am cookie monster September 15, 2013

Very fun and interesting movie!

First of all, I just wanna let everyone know that this is coming from someone who doesn't really get scared by movies. Insidious chapter 2 is a very fun and heart pounding movie that I reccommend to anyone 13 and up. I also reccommend that you bring a group of friends with you because, obviously, the more the merrier! It also has a surprisingly good and interesting (and slightly confusing) storyline. And as far as scary goes... I think if you're easily scared you should at least give this movie a try with some friends because it really is a blast.
Kid, 11 years old September 14, 2013

Insidous Chapter 2

Teen, 17 years old Written bySean Broucek September 13, 2013

Better, and still very well-acted and scary

Parents, even though your teen horror fans may be super eager to watch this second chapter to the acclaimed "Insidious", but even though this movie is rated PG-13, it isn't meant for anyone under the age of 14, due to very effective scares and strong thematic elements, not to mention some harsh language. Violence is much higher in this movie then the last one, including a dad beating up his wife and children, a man getting stunned with a taser, a mother abuses her child, and several mutilated and rotting bodies are shown, but it is mostly the shocking scares that pushes the envelope. Sex includes some brief kissing between the married main characters. Language is infrequent, but still has uses of "b-tch", "s--t", and one use of "f--k", though very hard to hear, due to loud noises in the background. In the end, the bottom line to this movie is that it is better than the original, and a very good, well-made, well-acted horror film. SUGGESTED MPAA RATING: Rated PG-13 For Some Violent Content Including Child Abuse, Intense/Frightening Sequences, And For Some Disturbing Images
Teen, 15 years old Written byJust believe me January 2, 2014

The truth on insidious chapter 2!

So I saw this in theaters with my friends and after seeing the first this was just as good probably better. It was VERY interesting. It had it frequent moments of jump scares, but nothing extreme. There is language here and there but not anything major. I said that this is pause for 12 but any kid could see this from 10+. If the kid isn't too scared of pop ups then it's defiantly a go for an interesting thriller with a few chills but nothing for night terrors after a week.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKyle1414 September 18, 2013

HORRIFYING MOVIE!

Alright, so first let's just say this: I honestly do not find the first Insidious scary. I find it more creepy and erie than scary. I do enjoy the first installment, but Insidious: Chapter 2....is just....oh my god...it is HORRIFYING! There were so many jump scares, terrifying images...AHH! And I love horror movies so much, so I generally don't get too scared but Insidious 2 is MOST DEFINITELY the MOST HORRIFYING movie I have EVER seen! My Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 For Thematic Elements, Intense Sequences of Violence And Terror, Startling Moments, And Language. Parents, be careful!!! This movie was released in theaters September 13th. Comes to DVD on December 24th!
Teen, 13 years old Written byIan_hga116 January 31, 2014

Oh boy!

This movie isn't as scary as the first, but way creepier. If you have a kid 12 or under skip the part where the talk about the demon in black veils origins. It is very disturbing, a woman is tied up and gags as the demon laughs like the joker then grabs a knife. That seen will DEFINITELY deliver nightmares to any one
Kid, 12 years old January 11, 2014

Kid, 10 years old September 14, 2013

ONE OF THE SCARIEST FILMS OF THE DECADE

A brilliant sequel to Insidious, Insidious Chapter 2 is much better. While the first Insidious was hardly scary at all. Chapter 2 is absolutely terrifying, hugely disturbing and definitely not for kids. Patrick Wilson gives a great and scary performance, even though it's very similar to The Shining. Chapter 2 is a brilliant and terrifying masterpiece.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnstewart August 18, 2014

LOVED IT!

The violence is a bit strong for a PG-13 movie, but there isn't much gore, so it's not that much for an R - for example: (may contain spoilers) a (possessed) man holds a knife in his hand and attacks another man, also attacks his wife and kids, and his mother, and almost strangles his wife. Also scary, but that's not the main part. I would say 14+ but should be okay with 13+
Teen, 16 years old Written byRockAndRollKid August 7, 2014

The same creepy eerie chills and scares with more violence. Some blood

Insidous chapter 2 is the hit sequel to the first hot movie Insidous. Insidous 2 packs in more scares,chills,every sounds,jump scares,frightening moments,and more. Plus the same type of scares are mostly in this just like the first one. Though this movie is a tiny winy bit less scarier then the first one. This film is still VERY FRIGHTENING AND VERY SCARY. And once again high on jumps. There is more violence too with a little bit more blood but still no gore. Violence includes: Child abuse,tooth ripping,physically fighting,mentally fighting,screaming,yelling,attacking,and a little bot more. There is also WAY more THEMATIC ELEMENTS in this film with things including child abuse,child death,regular death,and more. The language is the same with the mild da-n,h-ll,c-ap,g-d d-amn, Jesus, and a few uses of s-it, one son of a b-tch,and one possible f-ck but it's hard to notice with all the scary jump loud noises in the movie. And the film has a bit of added humor to make the story a bit lighter but still. VERY SCARY. Violence: 4.5/5: This film has double the violence as the first one which the first one has mild violence. Strong violence includes a bit more blood,jump scares,loud moments,physical fighting,mentally arguing and fighting,ghost attacks,killing,stabbing,tazerring,and a little bit more. This film though does add humor and some jokes though. Scary and frightening moments: 5/5: though the first one is also 5 and I said this is a little less scary this film is SUPER SCARY. WITH JUMPS,more ghosts,monsters,creepy moments,disturbing nightmare images,and more. Language: 3/5: d-amn,h-ll,one b-tch,a few uses of s-it,and one possible f-ck are used. Mostly mild-moderate language. Sex: 2/5: a couple act comfortable together and flirt,hug,and kiss. SUGGESTED MPAA RATING: PG13 for Intence frequent sequences of terror,violence,strong thematic element including child abuse,brief blood,and some language Or... (Equivalent rating) R for Intense strong terror,some violence,thematic element including child abuse.
Teen, 15 years old Written byone direction March 23, 2014

This was way better than the first one

I don't really watch horror movies but I watched this one and I really liked it and I will probably watch horror movies now thanks to this movie.
Kid, 10 years old January 30, 2014

Way better than the first one

I think this movie was pretty scary, but it was still good. This one was less profane but was more scary. It was great, and j loved it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter January 16, 2014

Continues the awesome story from the fist, NOT as scary as the first one.

I AM A FAN OF THIS MOVIE!!! I loved the first one and this picked up where the first one left off. This is movie is pretty scary but, definitely not as scary as the first one. This movie focuses on the bride in black and not the red-faced demon. Not as many pop-out scenes as the first. Violence & scariness, some mild language, otherwise very clean.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 September 22, 2013

Great movie.

I love this horror movie maker because he shows that you don't need violence and sex to make a horror movie. I mean all it is, is mainly creepy. The worst thing of violence is some implied killings and a girl slapping people. No real language maybe a few S words at the most. Nothing sexual at all, and when I say nothing I mean nothing. This one was great, and actual brought a little bit of humor into this series. 9 and up if not scared easy.
Kid, 11 years old September 18, 2013

Appropriate, but scary.

In my opinion, this movie was better than "Insidious". Coming from a person that doesn't get scared by movies that much, this one made me jump out of my seat several times throughout the movie. I think this film is totally appropriate, just scary.
Kid, 12 years old May 25, 2015

This movie had some jump scenes, and some fight scenes, but overall, it was a good movie. It was pretty scary, but if you are twelve and up, you will be able to handle it.

Kid, 8 years old May 18, 2015

Great horror thriller has extreme scares, and violence.

My rating R for: strong horror violence, language, and drug use.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew May 10, 2015

Slightly more scary then the first but same characters

My rating: PG-13 for vioelcnw,thematic elements,language and sexual material
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieBrowser November 1, 2014

Yikes

I loved this movie, it was great. Language, very violent, disturbing during mostly the whole movie. Some go to bed with nightmares. If you love horror movies I recommend this one. It's very violent including; people being slapped onto the floor: a child and a mother are, people being slammed into walls and trown onto floors, needle stabs, not too much gore but yes quite some bit of it, creepy images, ect. So I would say know your kid in my case, this has pop ups allot of the times. But not all the scenes are scenes where you eyes are shut and you can't open them, but most and mainly all of them are. Good movie, really violent for family friendly ness I give this like 1 1/2 stars. Thanks
Kid, 10 years old October 29, 2014

Awesome Insidious...2

I watched this movie a minute ago and honestly it wasn't that scary. Sure I jumped a couple of times but there wasn't really anything too scary. However in some scenes it's pretty violent and a woman is shown abusing her child. Plus there is some langauge but other than that a really great movie.