All member reviews for Insidious: Chapter 2

Horror sequel brings more of the same creepy scares.

Parent Written byTheTrillionaire December 24, 2013

Not for children Under 13. Under 13 needs adult supervisors 13 & over.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMarcelo14 March 9, 2016

Scary

This installment is, in my eyes, scarier than the original, but not as interesting.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoïc July 13, 2015

In 2nd movie, prepared to see a lot more terrifying horror show that is predecessor / Pour ce 2eme film, préparée à voir un spectacle d’horreur bien plus terrifiant que sont prédécesseur !

Insidious Chapter 2, following the isidious film is much more terrifying and scary as Insidious . This movie is really scary with very intense terror , of demons that we see and that really make fears corpses decomposition , haunted houses and sinister atmosphere really scary . This film shows disturbing and frightening images , sounds ... There is no blood but this film is more violent and the effrayant.que premier.Il can really hit a young audience and make nightmares long a child, even great . This film is against the great and very interesting history as it premer in learning more about premier.Il is essential for me to see the first before this one . Rating: 8/10 Great movie with a very interesting and intriguing story . Horror fans will be served by movie that will make them fear from beginning to end! Excuse me for the mistakes but I'm french ! FRANCAIS:Insidious chapitre 2, la suite du film isidious, est bien plus terrifiant et effrayant que Insidious. Ce film est vraiment très effrayant avec des terreurs très intenses, des démons que l’on voit et qui font vraiment peurs, des cadavres en décompositions, des maisons hantées sinistre et une ambiance vraiment angoissante. Ce film montre des images perturbantes et effrayantes, des bruits… Il n’y a pas de sang mais ce film est plus violent et effrayant.que le premier.Il peut vraiment heurté un jeune public et faire cauchemarder longtemps un enfant, meme grand. Ce film est par contre super et l'histoire très intéressante , car elle premer dans apprendre plus sur le premier.Il est pour moi indispensable de voir le premier avant celui-ci. Note:8/10 Très bon film avec une histoire très intéressante et intrigante. Les fan d'horreur seront servit par se film qui leur fera peur du début à la fin ! Excusez moi pour les fautes mais je suis francais !
Kid, 8 years old June 29, 2015

Disturbing,scary,but entertaining horror flick is improved but still not great.

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of horror,violence,racy material,and language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byalexis.castelli13 June 20, 2015
I think this is recommended for ages 12+ and for kids that are mature enough. It was an alright movie but it was quite confusing at times. Not that scary, which was a downfall but overall it was good :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015

Overall good movie

Kid, 12 years old May 25, 2015

This movie had some jump scenes, and some fight scenes, but overall, it was a good movie. It was pretty scary, but if you are twelve and up, you will be able to handle it.

Adult Written byerica921 May 24, 2015
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 May 2, 2015

Sequel doesn't top original, still offers solid scares

The original "Insidious" was rooted more in family drama: the effect of a comatose boy on a family, how it devastated the parents and the terrifying results it conjured up when the boy went into the spirit realm. Now this one focuses on the impact Patrick Wilson has on the family, now that he's possessed. I can't say a lot for the acting in the movie, though Wilson does say some gems for lines, Rose Byrne looks washed out, and there is a truly unfunny exchange between Specs and Tucker that goes on for way too long. This is not a comedy! It's another midnight B-movie that will really creep you out, just don't expect the impact of the original, which is strange because it has the same director at the helm.
Adult Written byEminemftw January 2, 2015

Insidious 2- Review

Insidious 2 is a great horror movie witch will keep you gripped, but it is tence, scary and twisted which may leave your children with nightmares or iffy thoughts. So I would recommend if you showing this to your kid who is new to horror movies start him off with more appropriate horror films; such as the women in black Rated 12/pg-13, Darkskies 15/pg-13. (NOTE) only watch Insidious Chapter 2 after the first insidious it's linked.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieBrowser November 1, 2014

Yikes

I loved this movie, it was great. Language, very violent, disturbing during mostly the whole movie. Some go to bed with nightmares. If you love horror movies I recommend this one. It's very violent including; people being slapped onto the floor: a child and a mother are, people being slammed into walls and trown onto floors, needle stabs, not too much gore but yes quite some bit of it, creepy images, ect. So I would say know your kid in my case, this has pop ups allot of the times. But not all the scenes are scenes where you eyes are shut and you can't open them, but most and mainly all of them are. Good movie, really violent for family friendly ness I give this like 1 1/2 stars. Thanks
Kid, 10 years old October 29, 2014

Awesome Insidious...2

I watched this movie a minute ago and honestly it wasn't that scary. Sure I jumped a couple of times but there wasn't really anything too scary. However in some scenes it's pretty violent and a woman is shown abusing her child. Plus there is some langauge but other than that a really great movie.
Kid, 10 years old July 26, 2014

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!

there are not many horror movies like this one. There were so many screams in the movie theater. WARNING:VERY SCARY. And a little violence not a lot of bad language.
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2014

Seriously...this bad

this was so terrible i fell asleep half way through! it is not scary at all although some scenes are disturbing. i don't recommend watching this because it would be a waste of your time but it is really up to you
Teen, 13 years old Written bykyle_the_killer June 28, 2014

Amazingly scary horror film! So much better than the first in so many ways!

Insidious: Chapter 2 is an awesome horror movie. Insidious left some events that were left unexplained, and the beginning even starts with the last 30 seconds or so of Insidious. I personally don't find Insidious overwhelmingly scary like so many other people, but I find Insidious: Chapter 2 horrifying! So many jump scares that I love, and there are completely new events and twists involved that I NEVER would have guessed. This movie has such a great train of thought for the flow of events, and everything that happens. This is the best scary movie I have ever seen!
Teen, 14 years old Written byU.S.MARINES21 June 15, 2014

Scary Movie

This is a good movie for mature teens. I Highly do not recommend it for anyone younger than 13. This has no sex scenes, but a lot of freighting scenes. I was personally, scared in some parts. Spoiler!! There is one scene with a room full of dead women, it can scare some kids. It is not recommend with the amount of scary scences kids should not be watching this.
Kid, 12 years old May 26, 2014

Less scary, but much more violent.

This movie may be less scarier than the first one, but it IS scary. But still VER intense, VERY. First - violence: This movie is much, much more violent than the first movie. Actually pretty violent for a PG-13, but not that much for an R rating. The violence is the only reason i did yellow 14. Second - language: This movie has less profanity, but it does have profanity. Contains s--t, b---h, but not strong like the first movie. Consumerism: One apple laptop, one iPhone, but we don't see the logo. We know it because of the home button. My MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and terror, thematic elements and language.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycj98 February 23, 2014

Scary

It could definitely be scary to a lot of people, especially those under 14.
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2014

Meeh...

Scary, but not as scary as the first movie... More violent, though... Less swearing, no sex/nudity.... Okay for 13+ (Or mature tweens) Only one consumerism: A character seen with an apple laptop, that's all. Oh, and another character is seen with an iPhone, but we don't see the back of it, only the front. Two strong violence scenes.... Not that bad for PG-13. Terror/Intense: Very intense. Language: One use of b!tch, that's all, unless you count 'God' and all that as swears....
Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2014