All member reviews for Insidious

Exceptionally scary flick is too intense for younger teens.

Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2011

Love it. I would say too scary for children -13. May give nightmares. suprisingly only 1 person died.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykitkatlover101 May 3, 2011

great movie!

I absolutely loved this movie im a horror freak im a girl strange as that sounds my only concern is that its very suspenseful movie and a very freaky and jumpy movie i think this would be a good movie for sleepovers !!!
Parent of a 17 year old Written byOld Timer May 1, 2011

What a horror movie should be. It reminds us that we are less afraid of whats in the closet than what MIGHT be in the closet.
Adult Written bykhan2705 April 30, 2011

a chilling scary movie.

Josh and Renai have a happy family with their three young children. When tragedy strikes their young son, Josh and Renai begin to experience things that science cannot explain. well wow just awsome movie. i mean this movie for sure is going to give me some nightmares. i was so much scared while watching this movie i can't tell you guys. i was watching this movie alone with no one in the house. i literally was looking here and there time by time to actually conform no ghostly prescence in my house. how can i describe this movie, it for sure is one of the best horror movie i have seen lately. it is a very low budget movie but with pretty big scares. i always support those horror movies with actually low budgets and low on silly over done visual effects but with actuall heavy duty scares and this movie did offered that. it is not gorry at all but so nerve racking and breath stoping movie that i was so glad to have actually seen it. its far better than Paranormal activity 2 and somewhat 1. i hope they do in future make movies like this. story of this movie was slightly different from other horror movies which was good, screenplay is written very well, loved it. didn't saw any weak spots in writing of this movie. no dull or empty spots in the movie. edited very good. direction was very well done. this movie if wasn't excellent but it was very good. i had an awsome time watching this movie. the end of this movie is like every other horror movies, you know what i mean. the main idea or plot was very fresh and thrilling. the scary scenes in this movie starts from very begining and you kind of get into this movie from very first. the start could have been handeled slightly better than how it was. the basic idea was that it wasn't the house that was haunted, it was basically the family member, you see that child in the picture yes but there was another family memeber that was haunted from his childhood but not gonna spoil it for you. so what i mean is that this whole concept is same as that of in Paranormal activity movies. the movie has this so spooky and scary atmospheric feeling to it that it feels like you are seeing a bad scary nightmare, and i loved it. the actors of this movie were good, it stars Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Lin Shaye, Barbara Hershey and others out of which Patrick was the weakest according to me. the scene where they do that exorcism kind of thing was so amazingly done that i was so shocked. it is very stylishly made with right amount of everything. background score adds much more to the already built suspence and tension. some shocking scenes. very creepy and chilling. this is a movie worth your every penny, you will enjoy it so much like i did. i thereby highly recommend it to you. loved it. brilliantly made movie. and i heared that this movie by far is the most profitable movie of this year earning much more than its so low budget, that explains everything.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bythesavants08 April 7, 2011

Greatest horror film in years! Not for kids under 16!

I as an adult found this movie to be an amazing horror film. There is no way I would let my kids see it! There is some brief language, no alcohol, no violence, no drugs, no sexual content, and a good bit of parental arguing. However that's not the main issue with this movie. This movie goes deep into the supernatural realm. You see a boy put into a coma, a family being 'haunted', many sadistic spirits, and a psychic. BUT still the main issue is the demonic side of this movie. There is a very frightening demon after their child that would give anyone nightmares! Just not a good movie for any kids under 16.
Kid, 11 years old May 25, 2011

Waste of my time.

I didn't watch it on the big screen, but, god this movie was stupid. There were a lot of jump scenes, but the things that jumped were so stupid! It was like 1960's horror movie, or a 2011 horror spoof!!
Parent of a 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 16, 2011

Perfect for tweens, teens(young and old), and adults!

I loved it. One of my 6th grade students saw it over break with her friends, and she told me how great it was. That inspired me to go see it and i am so glad I did. However the lanquage was not the best, but my rule for my kids is that it is okay if they hear a bad word as long as they know that it is not okay to use themselfs.
Teen, 13 years old Written byngh98 May 28, 2011

Horrorfying, and too intense for younger audiences.

This movie isnt gory, but it is still one of the scariest movies ive ever seen There is a random f bomb, and other swearing throughout. Having that said it might scare kids because here is a child who falls into a coma, and is in jeopardy. There really are no positive messages but this movie is well made.
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest April 16, 2011

see it with friends

the best horror movie this year,I was scare the entire movie but it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Teen, 13 years old Written byUltrafast April 25, 2011

Only for mature teens

This movie was so scary I cried at the end of it. Enough said.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfishish April 3, 2011

One of the freakiest.

When I look back on it, the entire part of the movie where the dad goes into the 'further' is like a cheap haunted house. I didn't really care though, the rest of the movie was a VERY good scare. A lot of stuff jumped out at you, that was the main means of scaring, thought not the only. At one point, the mother sees a ghost dancing to some music she had playing. It was incredibly freaky. I've seen a lot of scary movies, and I think this was one of the freakiest. Not for anyone that can't handle a scare, or children. The entire theater was screaming during most parts, and there weren't many light moments. It was ghosts all around, even in the day time (whereas most movies lighten up when it isn't dark).
Teen, 13 years old Written byjada knows best April 16, 2011

Best movie of the year so far!

Omg!!!! This was the best horror movie I have ever seen in my entire life. The plot was very good. I screamed at least 4 times. It did use the f word oncce but because the movie was so good it did not matter to me at all. The rating of the movie was very good i don't think that any children under 13 sshould watch it. It may cause nightmares and cause them to be jumpy. But for people 13 and up you have to see this movie it shy's away from the dumb actions of most characters in movies and stupid plots. And the ending is crazy! I strongly recommend this movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byZeroKateo April 17, 2011

A bit iffy but it depends on how mature your child is.

I went to go see it with my friends, all age 13 and it was a bit iffy for them, it all depends on how mature your child is. For me it was no problem but if your children are a bit afraid of demons and ghosts this movie may not be a good choice, There are parts where you will be scared and will make you cover your eyes.
Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2011

Parental Censorship: Because the trailers did not convey that this is a horror movie enough. For Shame.

Ok. This review may be fair, and no, I have not and will not see this one, but... Well... Ok... What do you expect, exactly? I have seen the trailers for this one, and the musical score is enough to convey that this is, in fact, a horror film. If you are aware of this, then keep your child away. Of course, kids and families are different. I recommend you look at the film first. Thanks for reading!
Parent of a 3, 9, and 10 year old Written byNaruto uzumaki June 4, 2011

Darth Maul?

It is scary enough but I think The Exorcist is much scarier and ten times better!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak April 9, 2011

AWESOME! So scary! Made me jump so much! I SCREAMED! Go see it! I dare ya(;

My MPAA Rating, PG-13: Thematic material, strong frightening sequences, disturbing content, violence, strong peril, and brief strong language, some involving children
Teen, 13 years old Written bygeorgia. May 19, 2011

eugh.

It was an okay film, not scary though. some bits were a little creepy but not worth the hype its getthing. booooooooooooooooring.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon4News April 3, 2011

Intense and scary horror flick; teens and adults ONLY.

Violence- 8/10 Sexual Content- 1/10 Language- 5.5/10 Drinking/Drugs/Smoking- 0.5/10 Overall Quality- 8.5/10
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 3, 2011

Insidious is good for a horror movie but has terrifying with scar monsters

Watch out for: Messages: 2/5Characters argue and alot and never get a solution. Role Models: 2/5The people are nice it's just they are not role models. The wife spends the hole film just being scared, and the husband is always hiding from his responsibility's. Then at the end he shows some bravery but it is not good enough. Violence: 4/5This film is not gory but the audience does see bloody hand prints and other things. A young 11 year old boy is in jeopardy throughout the hole film. There are half glimpses of very terrifying figures and they hide anywhere and frighten characters when they are trying to hide. There are scary sounds when people are hiding and makes it even more intense. Sex: 0/5 Not an issue Language: 3/5 f**k is said as well as bi*tch godd**n and wh*re. Consumerism: An Apple laptop is shown. Drinking, Drugs and Smoking: 0/5 Not an issue.
Teen, 16 years old Written byselenarox June 5, 2011

really scary u gotta watch it!!

really really awesome movie and really scary. one of the best horror movie. you have to watch it!!!!!