All member reviews for Insidious

Exceptionally scary flick is too intense for younger teens.

Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2011

Love it. I would say too scary for children -13. May give nightmares. suprisingly only 1 person died.
Parent of a 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 16, 2011

Perfect for tweens, teens(young and old), and adults!

I loved it. One of my 6th grade students saw it over break with her friends, and she told me how great it was. That inspired me to go see it and i am so glad I did. However the lanquage was not the best, but my rule for my kids is that it is okay if they hear a bad word as long as they know that it is not okay to use themselfs.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bythesavants08 April 7, 2011

Greatest horror film in years! Not for kids under 16!

I as an adult found this movie to be an amazing horror film. There is no way I would let my kids see it! There is some brief language, no alcohol, no violence, no drugs, no sexual content, and a good bit of parental arguing. However that's not the main issue with this movie. This movie goes deep into the supernatural realm. You see a boy put into a coma, a family being 'haunted', many sadistic spirits, and a psychic. BUT still the main issue is the demonic side of this movie. There is a very frightening demon after their child that would give anyone nightmares! Just not a good movie for any kids under 16.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykitkatlover101 May 3, 2011

great movie!

I absolutely loved this movie im a horror freak im a girl strange as that sounds my only concern is that its very suspenseful movie and a very freaky and jumpy movie i think this would be a good movie for sleepovers !!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byselenarox June 5, 2011

really scary u gotta watch it!!

really really awesome movie and really scary. one of the best horror movie. you have to watch it!!!!!
Parent of a 17 year old Written byOld Timer May 1, 2011

What a horror movie should be. It reminds us that we are less afraid of whats in the closet than what MIGHT be in the closet.
Teen, 13 years old Written byUltrafast April 25, 2011

Only for mature teens

This movie was so scary I cried at the end of it. Enough said.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon4News April 3, 2011

Intense and scary horror flick; teens and adults ONLY.

Violence- 8/10 Sexual Content- 1/10 Language- 5.5/10 Drinking/Drugs/Smoking- 0.5/10 Overall Quality- 8.5/10
Teen, 13 years old Written byfishish April 3, 2011

One of the freakiest.

When I look back on it, the entire part of the movie where the dad goes into the 'further' is like a cheap haunted house. I didn't really care though, the rest of the movie was a VERY good scare. A lot of stuff jumped out at you, that was the main means of scaring, thought not the only. At one point, the mother sees a ghost dancing to some music she had playing. It was incredibly freaky. I've seen a lot of scary movies, and I think this was one of the freakiest. Not for anyone that can't handle a scare, or children. The entire theater was screaming during most parts, and there weren't many light moments. It was ghosts all around, even in the day time (whereas most movies lighten up when it isn't dark).
Parent of a 9 year old Written byroaringmini July 17, 2011

OMG SCARRY!!

Cant get scarrier... This is more scarry than The exorcist
Adult Written byPastelito28 July 14, 2011

Becareful

i really think this movie a kid should not watch it alone unless they are 15
Parent of a 3, 9, and 10 year old Written byNaruto uzumaki June 4, 2011

Darth Maul?

It is scary enough but I think The Exorcist is much scarier and ten times better!
Adult Written bykhan2705 April 30, 2011

a chilling scary movie.

Josh and Renai have a happy family with their three young children. When tragedy strikes their young son, Josh and Renai begin to experience things that science cannot explain. well wow just awsome movie. i mean this movie for sure is going to give me some nightmares. i was so much scared while watching this movie i can't tell you guys. i was watching this movie alone with no one in the house. i literally was looking here and there time by time to actually conform no ghostly prescence in my house. how can i describe this movie, it for sure is one of the best horror movie i have seen lately. it is a very low budget movie but with pretty big scares. i always support those horror movies with actually low budgets and low on silly over done visual effects but with actuall heavy duty scares and this movie did offered that. it is not gorry at all but so nerve racking and breath stoping movie that i was so glad to have actually seen it. its far better than Paranormal activity 2 and somewhat 1. i hope they do in future make movies like this. story of this movie was slightly different from other horror movies which was good, screenplay is written very well, loved it. didn't saw any weak spots in writing of this movie. no dull or empty spots in the movie. edited very good. direction was very well done. this movie if wasn't excellent but it was very good. i had an awsome time watching this movie. the end of this movie is like every other horror movies, you know what i mean. the main idea or plot was very fresh and thrilling. the scary scenes in this movie starts from very begining and you kind of get into this movie from very first. the start could have been handeled slightly better than how it was. the basic idea was that it wasn't the house that was haunted, it was basically the family member, you see that child in the picture yes but there was another family memeber that was haunted from his childhood but not gonna spoil it for you. so what i mean is that this whole concept is same as that of in Paranormal activity movies. the movie has this so spooky and scary atmospheric feeling to it that it feels like you are seeing a bad scary nightmare, and i loved it. the actors of this movie were good, it stars Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Lin Shaye, Barbara Hershey and others out of which Patrick was the weakest according to me. the scene where they do that exorcism kind of thing was so amazingly done that i was so shocked. it is very stylishly made with right amount of everything. background score adds much more to the already built suspence and tension. some shocking scenes. very creepy and chilling. this is a movie worth your every penny, you will enjoy it so much like i did. i thereby highly recommend it to you. loved it. brilliantly made movie. and i heared that this movie by far is the most profitable movie of this year earning much more than its so low budget, that explains everything.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak April 9, 2011

AWESOME! So scary! Made me jump so much! I SCREAMED! Go see it! I dare ya(;

My MPAA Rating, PG-13: Thematic material, strong frightening sequences, disturbing content, violence, strong peril, and brief strong language, some involving children
Kid, 9 years old October 9, 2014

insidious

Real creepy horror
Parent Written bywrgtyp July 26, 2012

13? OK

i really cant believe they say this is iffy for 15 really and you gave child's play iffy for 12 that is a billion times more scary then this okay about the movie its basically a modern poltergeist but it is scarier there is only one violent scene which is not so bad and some bad language but i really don't care that much though i can see how this cloud scare someone this ghosts are pretty scary and the demon thingy might be terrifying to some and don't be fooled this is not any where as scary as saw yes I've never have seen it but my friend told me about it and that really scared me but i REALLY enjoyed this movie
Parent Written byDasGinatron November 6, 2011

Good movie, definitely horror.

Insidious is actually very good and quite scary! As someone who rarely gets scared during horror movies, this one had me shaking in my seat at times! Not for young viewers or those who scare easily, but older teens and adults are a go for a good fright!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenHorrorReviewer October 16, 2011

Insidious is the scariest movie since The Exorcist.

Insidious is very scary. And I mean VERY SCARY. This movie relies on stuff nightmares are made of. Shadows, dark figures, demons. The scariest parts are especially in the second part of the movie where they move into the next house. The most violence is a bloody hand print. This movie will give you nightmares. THIS MOVIE IS NOT FOR 10 AND UNDER. Overall, it is an excellent film. The soundtrack is creepy, and ominous, it reminds me of The Shining soundtrack. The movie wouldn't be what is it with out. But please. Take this review seriously. Not for kids 10 and under. My Suggested MPAA Rating, PG-13: Thematic material, brief strong language, extremely frightening images/content, and brief violence
Adult Written byTKLINE September 12, 2011

The scaraiest movie i have seen

If you like terror and horrible then insidious is your movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byngh98 May 28, 2011

Horrorfying, and too intense for younger audiences.

This movie isnt gory, but it is still one of the scariest movies ive ever seen There is a random f bomb, and other swearing throughout. Having that said it might scare kids because here is a child who falls into a coma, and is in jeopardy. There really are no positive messages but this movie is well made.