All member reviews for Insidious

Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2011

Love it. I would say too scary for children -13. May give nightmares. suprisingly only 1 person died.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykitkatlover101 May 3, 2011

great movie!

I absolutely loved this movie im a horror freak im a girl strange as that sounds my only concern is that its very suspenseful movie and a very freaky and jumpy movie i think this would be a good movie for sleepovers !!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byselenarox June 5, 2011

really scary u gotta watch it!!

really really awesome movie and really scary. one of the best horror movie. you have to watch it!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybattlefield_slaya July 29, 2015

Phssst

This movie has a LOT of jumps but it never scared me. But then again I never get scared by ANY horror movie (which I hate.) Any kid with a high jump scare tolerance should be able to watch this no problem. The only movie that ever TRULY scared me was The Ring but only because of Katie's Corpse in the closet. Insidious does have a really good plot though. If you really want to get really scared, look up "The Rake"
Teen, 13 years old Written byUltrafast April 25, 2011

Only for mature teens

This movie was so scary I cried at the end of it. Enough said.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon4News April 3, 2011

Intense and scary horror flick; teens and adults ONLY.

Violence- 8/10 Sexual Content- 1/10 Language- 5.5/10 Drinking/Drugs/Smoking- 0.5/10 Overall Quality- 8.5/10
Teen, 13 years old Written byfishish April 3, 2011

One of the freakiest.

When I look back on it, the entire part of the movie where the dad goes into the 'further' is like a cheap haunted house. I didn't really care though, the rest of the movie was a VERY good scare. A lot of stuff jumped out at you, that was the main means of scaring, thought not the only. At one point, the mother sees a ghost dancing to some music she had playing. It was incredibly freaky. I've seen a lot of scary movies, and I think this was one of the freakiest. Not for anyone that can't handle a scare, or children. The entire theater was screaming during most parts, and there weren't many light moments. It was ghosts all around, even in the day time (whereas most movies lighten up when it isn't dark).
Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak April 9, 2011

AWESOME! So scary! Made me jump so much! I SCREAMED! Go see it! I dare ya(;

My MPAA Rating, PG-13: Thematic material, strong frightening sequences, disturbing content, violence, strong peril, and brief strong language, some involving children
Kid, 9 years old October 9, 2014

insidious

Real creepy horror
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenHorrorReviewer October 16, 2011

Insidious is the scariest movie since The Exorcist.

Insidious is very scary. And I mean VERY SCARY. This movie relies on stuff nightmares are made of. Shadows, dark figures, demons. The scariest parts are especially in the second part of the movie where they move into the next house. The most violence is a bloody hand print. This movie will give you nightmares. THIS MOVIE IS NOT FOR 10 AND UNDER. Overall, it is an excellent film. The soundtrack is creepy, and ominous, it reminds me of The Shining soundtrack. The movie wouldn't be what is it with out. But please. Take this review seriously. Not for kids 10 and under. My Suggested MPAA Rating, PG-13: Thematic material, brief strong language, extremely frightening images/content, and brief violence
Teen, 13 years old Written byngh98 May 28, 2011

Horrorfying, and too intense for younger audiences.

This movie isnt gory, but it is still one of the scariest movies ive ever seen There is a random f bomb, and other swearing throughout. Having that said it might scare kids because here is a child who falls into a coma, and is in jeopardy. There really are no positive messages but this movie is well made.
Teen, 14 years old Written byZeroKateo April 17, 2011

A bit iffy but it depends on how mature your child is.

I went to go see it with my friends, all age 13 and it was a bit iffy for them, it all depends on how mature your child is. For me it was no problem but if your children are a bit afraid of demons and ghosts this movie may not be a good choice, There are parts where you will be scared and will make you cover your eyes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjada knows best April 16, 2011

Best movie of the year so far!

Omg!!!! This was the best horror movie I have ever seen in my entire life. The plot was very good. I screamed at least 4 times. It did use the f word oncce but because the movie was so good it did not matter to me at all. The rating of the movie was very good i don't think that any children under 13 sshould watch it. It may cause nightmares and cause them to be jumpy. But for people 13 and up you have to see this movie it shy's away from the dumb actions of most characters in movies and stupid plots. And the ending is crazy! I strongly recommend this movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest April 16, 2011

see it with friends

the best horror movie this year,I was scare the entire movie but it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 3, 2011

Insidious is good for a horror movie but has terrifying with scar monsters

Watch out for: Messages: 2/5Characters argue and alot and never get a solution. Role Models: 2/5The people are nice it's just they are not role models. The wife spends the hole film just being scared, and the husband is always hiding from his responsibility's. Then at the end he shows some bravery but it is not good enough. Violence: 4/5This film is not gory but the audience does see bloody hand prints and other things. A young 11 year old boy is in jeopardy throughout the hole film. There are half glimpses of very terrifying figures and they hide anywhere and frighten characters when they are trying to hide. There are scary sounds when people are hiding and makes it even more intense. Sex: 0/5 Not an issue Language: 3/5 f**k is said as well as bi*tch godd**n and wh*re. Consumerism: An Apple laptop is shown. Drinking, Drugs and Smoking: 0/5 Not an issue.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHorrorMovieFan July 13, 2015

Insidious: Jump Scares

Well, what can I say? It is definitely not for children aged 10 and under but I think a 13 year-old could handle it. I warn parents of jump scares and intense scenes. The whole movie is centered around how a demon is trying to possess a child. It is not a family movie so be warned all ye who watch.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoïc July 11, 2015

REALLY VERY SCARY MOVIE WITH INTENSE TERRORS ALL ALONG THE FILM: I WILL NOT RECOMMENDED FOR UNDER 14 YEARS / FILM VRAIMENT TRES EFFRAYANT AVEC DES TERREURS INTENSES TOUT LE LONG DU FILM : JE LE DECONSEILLE AUX MOINS DE 14 ANS.

English: Insidious is a horror film performed by James Wan ( Saw Conjuring the warren - folder) The story , original and effective is very well done . James Wan Saw is known for an extremely bloody movie, but be aware Insidious contains no or very little blood , but shadows, noises ... We also see very clearly several times in the film, the daemons very very SCARY . The atmosphere is very heavy. The moments of fright , very present, are there at the right moment. We do not get bored in this film. Very good horror show Rating: 9/10 Great horror movie . Horror fans will be more than served in this really scary movie . Français: Insidious est un film d’épouvante réaliser par James Wan (Conjuring le dossier warren-Saw) L’histoire, original et efficace est très bien menée. James Wan est connue pour Saw, un film extrêmement sanglant, mais il faut savoir qu’Insidious ne contient pas de sang ou très peu, mais plutôt des ombres, des bruits… On voit aussi très distinctement, à plusieurs reprises dans le film, des démons très très EFFRAYANTS. L’atmosphère est très pesante. Les moments de frayeurs, très présents, sont là au bon moment. On ne s’ennuie donc pas dans ce film. Très bon spectacle d’épouvante Note : 9/10 Excellent film d’épouvante. Les fans d’horreur seront plus que servit dans ce film vraiment très effrayant.
Kid, 8 years old June 29, 2015

Dumb,boring,disturbing,scary horror flick is very violent

This thriller fallows Josh, Renai, Dalton, Foster, a family who moves into a house that they think is haunted. Creepy things start happening 1st there son Dalton goes into a-coma, second creepy figures are shown then disappear, 3 things start moving around. Now they decided to move but the strange events continue. So they call a demon fighter a friend of Joshes dad, the demon fighters name is Elise she comes to help to get Dalton back. Now Josh goes into a dimension called the further that is where Dalton is so now he must get him back. This horror movie is quite scary but not as scary as common sense says, there are jump shocks, demons, creepy noises, disturbing images, bloody claw marks, ghosts, and creepy songs that play. Its also very violent but this movie does not use gory killings, guts, or splattering blood to scary its just scary toys, doles, jump shocks, some blood, and disturbing images but only 1 but shocking death. There is also a good amount of swearing including 1 f--king a couple s--ts d--n h--l b---h w----r. There is no drinking, drugs, or gore but its way to scary for kids. My rating:PG-13 for horror throughout,and violent content.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPugluv2388 June 23, 2015

Great movie for kids who are starting to get in to the horror genre!

I absolutely love this movie and the entire series. It is a little scary with more suspense. Another thing I like is that this movie has no sexual activity, a lot of horror movies have unneeded sex scenes. The best part about this movie is the actual story is very creative and interesting. Another thing is that all 3 movies fit together, watch them in order or you will have no idea what is going on. I love this movie! It is a must see!
Teen, 16 years old Written bySuperginge June 20, 2015