All member reviews for Insidious

Exceptionally scary flick is too intense for younger teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written bynickycetkovic August 15, 2011

Scary

This movie was really,really good but I was to scared to watch it till the end. :P
Teen, 14 years old Written bydanielellarby July 9, 2011

Insidious, not that scary

This movie is said to be extremely scary and very atmospheric. It is atmospheric and contains a few jump scenes but overall it is not a big deal. It has a bizarre and abrupt ending, I'd say the best most tense parts of the movie are at the first half of it. Some images may be disturbing but nothing that exaggerated.
Teen, 17 years old Written byhorrorwoman July 7, 2011

10 years

I LOVE this movie, it is ment to make you jump, parents are to sensitive.
Parent Written byfirstavenger11 February 13, 2012

Insidous

Kid, 10 years old December 3, 2011

scary

SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 November 30, 2011

not that bad.

Csm,this isn't one of the most terrifying movies ever made.its ok for 8 up this is an exception bcuz younger kids may be scared but if you say this is 15 up I can't help but disagree because I watched this with lights out and at night around 12 with only my dad around but hey he was the one doing most of the screaming.i didn't even get scared guess i am too hardcore for a teenager maybe I've seen too many horrors to be scared of this I showed by brother who is ten and he jumped off his chair couple of times but he managed to sleep like a baby that night.
Kid, 9 years old November 14, 2011

Against catholic religion. Why doesn't scary movie make fun of this?

really scary but if you are catholic like me you'll realize it is very against the religion, shouldn't have been made!!!!!!!!!!!! Scary movie should come out with a fifth and make fun of this!!! Don't be afraid of the dark and The Rite should be the best scariest movies for 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatelynjj October 9, 2011

Good movie. Fine for teens

I'm 13 and the movie really isn't scary if you think about it. Little kids should not see it But teens that like scary movies can watch it...it's actually a really good movie and there is one sad part where I was real close to crying.
Kid, 11 years old September 3, 2011

One of my favorites!

This is one of my favorite horror films of all time. Yes, I am only eleven but I live for creepy films like this!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieteenwatcher August 27, 2011

Scary and Great

This movie is very good, but it is very scary. It's not too violent, but it is very suspensefull and creepy through the whole movie. They say f**k, also b***h, w***e, and d**n and h**l. Just make sure that you or your kids are mature enogh to watch it...i'm still scared to this day.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAmericanplaya217 August 2, 2011

Good for 13 and up

The movie isn't as scary as other people describe it has a good story plot and the characters get scared constantly
Teen, 14 years old Written byljmx24 July 23, 2011

great movie, not as scary as it seems.

I remember seeing the commercial for this before it came out, and it looked terrifying. I saw it the other day with a bunch of friends and i was honestly disappointed in how it wasnt very scary at all. The jump scenes arent really jump scenes as though there is a little bit of time that indicated somethings gonna happen. Not violent at all, just supernatural stuff. Good for 13+. (SPOILER) Scary images include creepy old bride (beginning of movie), man with a red face screaming behind the father (not very scary). and thats about it. great film though!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 July 20, 2011

Incredibly freaky; should be rated R.

My rating: R for violent and disturbing images, and some language.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydeoxysdeidera1008 November 30, 2011

review on insidious (scary)

its a great horror movie, everybody loves it at the same time very terrifying and creepy. The music makes it even more scary it puts a scary tone or gives the movie the heartbeat it needs. I suggest everybody aged 14 and above watch it. I mean i loved it. Its also a great movie for sleepovers. But must watch it in the dark. Best scary movie of the year 2011. Bye paranormal activity, hello INSIDIOUS
Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2011

good horror movie.

i watched this when i was 11 and it was pretty scary.
Teen, 13 years old Written byXxREDKnight97xX October 22, 2011

Insidious

This is the probably one of the most best-scary movies I have ever saw.The language and the sex is not a problem, the only thing that might concern you would be the jump scenes. The thing is it's not that it's scary its just the things that jump out, and you might be the person that hates that, it just depends who you are. Over all it's one of the best scary movies I have seen in some time!
Kid, 12 years old September 17, 2011

insidious

this movie is great for people who like ghost movies but don't like gory stuff.isn't too scary for tweens and teens.depends on if you scare easily.i did jump a couple of times.overall great movie.
Kid, 11 years old September 4, 2011

No more for 5 year old brothers!!

I loved it, but the next time me and my friends watch it at out annual "horror sleepover", I'm making my mom watch Spongebob with my 5 year old brother 'cause he refused to go to bed in his room because he would be alone in a mostly dark room. Also, when they move, they use a Penske truck, with the logo very visible.
Kid, 12 years old September 3, 2011

it is a perfect movie

this movie is a very scary movie i think it would be okay for tweens and up.
Kid, 10 years old August 28, 2011

Awesome Movie But A Little Scary At Most Times

I rented this and fell in love with it so i bought it on dvd i think its 10+ but maybe a bit of language is an issue and some kids get nightmares cause its pretty sketchie and intense this movie is quite scary my cousin who is 10 would never watch it cause she gets nightmares but some parts like the smiling family and the pop up scenes is intense so think of ur people well deciding but its awesome