Exceptionally scary flick is too intense for younger teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylaney October 9, 2016

Good, could have been scarier

I'm a younger teen and I didn't find this movie very scary. It had its startling moments, but over all I think anyone over the age of 11 could watch this. There is a lot of suspense throughout to build the mood but the monsters themselves aren't very creepy looking. Didn't give me or either of the friends I watched with bad dreams. Has a fairly good plot, almost identical to the classic film Poltergeist that many parents will be familiar with.
Kid, 11 years old August 13, 2016

amazing for kids who like (and handle) horror

spectacular acting and cast, great for scary tolerant teen and tweens.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySkate2boy August 9, 2016

I am a 14 year old teenanger that just saw the movie. It was a really good movie. I do not get scared of horror movies so for me it was not scary but fun. I Will say that teens over 13 could watch this movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDiverDown May 31, 2016

Another Jumpscare Movie

I am not much of a horror fan, yeah I've seen Alien (1979), Friday The 13th (1980) along with various others, but I don't watch them on a consistent basis. The difference between this movie and a movie such as Alien is the fact that while Alien relied on imagery and tone to get off scares, this movie relies purely on sudden loud noises and images, such as Josh jumping towards the scream with the flashing image of a demon. I've noticing that a lot of horror movies nowadays rely on jumpscares, much to my dismay.
Teen, 13 years old Written byr_allan25 May 9, 2016

Amazing movie

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. People say its scary (which it is a bit) but since the graphics arn't the best it takes away some of the scarines
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarcelo14 March 9, 2016

Great and I highly recommend it.

This movie is awesome. It has a great story and tons of nightmarish imagery to satisfy horror fans and teens. A must see.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHorrorMovieFanatic February 22, 2016

Way Too Many Jump Scares!

"Insidious" is a horror/thriller/mystery/drama film by James Wan the director of "The Conjuring Series" "Saw Series" " Dead Silence" "Anabelle" and "Demonic" starring Leigh Whannell (Specs), Patrick Wilson (Josh Lambert), Lin Shaye (Elise Rainier), Rose Byrne (Renai Lambert), Angus Sampson (Tucker), Ty Simpkins (Dalton Lambert), Barbara Hershey (Lorraine Lambert), Joseph Bishara (Lipstick-Face Demon), Andrew Astor (Foster Lambert), Corbett Tuck (Nurse Adele, Doll Girl #2), J.Larose (Long Haired Fiend), Philip Friedman (Old Woman), Ruben Pla (Dr. Sercarz), Heather Tocquigny (Nurse Kelly), John Henry Binder (Father Martian) and last but not least Kelly Devoto (Doll Girl #1) released on April 1, 2011. It is an exceptionally scary flick that is too intense for younger teenagers and children. Although Ty Simpkins is in this film, it is a very intense/creepy film that because of its high scariness factor, it is iffy for kids ages 15 and up. Children and teenagers 14 and under (maybe even 15; depends on how easily scared they get) should be accompanied by adult supervision. Essentially, the movie follows the Lambert family. The parents (Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne) take drastic measures when it seems their new home is haunted and their comatose son (Ty Simpkins) is possessed by a malevolent entity. That was it for the non-spoilery review of "Insidious". Spoiler start now. SPOILERS: Positive Messages: There's a fair bit of conflict------------------- characters argue a great deal and are unable to agree on much. The wife (Renai Lambert) wants a supernatural solution, and the more practical husband won't allow it. Later, the problem is solved, but not entirely solved. Positive Role Models: Though these people are all cordial enough, they're not much in the way of role models. The wife spends the film being aghast, and the husband is vain and argues and hides from his responsibilities for much of the movie. Though he eventually shows bravery, it may be too late. Violence: This movie isn't violent in a gory way, though viewers do see some bloody handprints and some intense fighting; there are loud, eerie noises on the soundtrack; and a young boy is in jeopardy throughout. But while it isn't graphic, the movie is very frightening, with lots of creepy, half-glimpsed figures and a scary alternative universe in which everything is dark and anything could be hiding anywhere. The ending was terrifying as you found out that Josh Lambert is a demon and kills Elise Rainier. Sex: Not applicated. Language: Language isn't constant but includes one "f--k," plus "h-ll," "b-tch," "oh my God," "goddamn," and "wh-re." Consumerism: One main character uses an Apple laptop. Drinking, Drugs, & Smoking: Not applicated. Inappropriateness: Not applicated. Positive Messages: 0%. Positive Role Models: 0%. Violence: 80%. Sex: 0%. Language: 60%. Consumerism: 20%. Drinking, Drugs, & Smoking: 0%. I loved this horror movie. It always kept me at the tip of my seat and always made me jump. I would recommend this movie to teenagers 16 and up (maybe 15 if you can handle it.) It is very scary and will most probably give teenagers ages 15 and lower nightmares. Grade: B+
Kid, 12 years old January 30, 2016

great movie

This movie wasn't too scary but it would scare the sensitive. I was a bit scared at some parts. I was a little disappointed in all the build ups they had that would have led to great scares but ended up being nothing. Over all good movie and I highly recommend it.
Kid, 10 years old December 29, 2015

Scary in a different way

It is very scary but in a way that it is not gory like many other horror movies. It is the movie with a LOT "jump" scenes. As concerning the inappropriate content, only there is some profanity but it is infrequent and most of it is mild. Now, do not listen to Common Sense Media, when they say "15+", 10 year olds CAN handle the movie. I know it is scary but that's the whole point of the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPaytronomon December 28, 2015

OK Movie

I DO NOT agree with this movie is for ages 15+. I have seen many horror films and this is definitely the least horrific one I have seen. We all have different scary levels though, but to me this was not one best horror films I have seen or one of the scariest. I would say this movie is specifically for ages 12 and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymeugenio December 19, 2015

This movie is very(x10000)scary. When movies reach up to the point they get with deamonds and possetions they scare you so much. The scariest part is when the dad reaches Dalton in the further and there are dead people smiling and Dalton is held prisoner by a deamond who is singing alleluia. The movie is well done and so scary.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymaddyridner October 21, 2015

my favortive movie

This has been my favortive scary movie since i was a 11. It's not that scary
Teen, 16 years old Written byTV man 13245768 October 17, 2015

I really like scary movies, so this really interested me. There is way to many scary parts for children under 13. The child goes into a coma and gets possessed. Scary things start happening to the family. You see ghosts, pianos magically playing etc. The dad tries to go save the kid who is being held by the devil. It is a very dark movie. There is no sex at all. You hear some language like shit crap and one use of fuck. There is also no drinking drugs or smoking. This movie was really scary and made me sick to my stomach. I would never watch this movie again. DO NOT LET YOUR CHILDREN WATCH THIS MOVIE. WAIT UNTIL THEY ARE 14 OR OLDER.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieKid387 August 25, 2015

One of the scariest movies ever put to film

Insidious is a creepy.....CREEPY horror movie. Where can I start. No sex or nudity, drinking. Lots of jump scares and bloodless violence that made me have nightmares for 4 years straight. It's about a kid who's in a coma, possessed by demons is trapped in the further while the demons from that supernatrual world, scare the family. People are choked to death etc. demon behind man ( one of the creepiest parts) demon boy dances to Tiny Tims Tiptoe through the tulips ( the creepiest scene) bride in black and all this other demons. Insidious will scare kids to death. 12-13+ Also 1 f word, lots of d words and a words and GDS and 7 shits
Teen, 14 years old Written byGutsygirl789 August 3, 2015

Hard to follow horror-thriller

This movie had a good plot, but was hard to follow and relied on jump scares. 13+
Teen, 13 years old Written byHorrorMovieFan July 13, 2015

Insidious: Jump Scares

Well, what can I say? It is definitely not for children aged 10 and under but I think a 13 year-old could handle it. I warn parents of jump scares and intense scenes. The whole movie is centered around how a demon is trying to possess a child. It is not a family movie so be warned all ye who watch.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoïc July 11, 2015

English: Insidious is a horror film performed by James Wan ( Saw Conjuring the warren - folder) The story , original and effective is very well done . James Wan Saw is known for an extremely bloody movie, but be aware Insidious contains no or very little blood , but shadows, noises ... We also see very clearly several times in the film, the daemons very very SCARY . The atmosphere is very heavy. The moments of fright , very present, are there at the right moment. We do not get bored in this film. Very good horror show Rating: 9/10 Great horror movie . Horror fans will be more than served in this really scary movie . Français: Insidious est un film d’épouvante réaliser par James Wan (Conjuring le dossier warren-Saw) L’histoire, original et efficace est très bien menée. James Wan est connue pour Saw, un film extrêmement sanglant, mais il faut savoir qu’Insidious ne contient pas de sang ou très peu, mais plutôt des ombres, des bruits… On voit aussi très distinctement, à plusieurs reprises dans le film, des démons très très EFFRAYANTS. L’atmosphère est très pesante. Les moments de frayeurs, très présents, sont là au bon moment. On ne s’ennuie donc pas dans ce film. Très bon spectacle d’épouvante Note : 9/10 Excellent film d’épouvante. Les fans d’horreur seront plus que servit dans ce film vraiment très effrayant.
Kid, 8 years old June 29, 2015

Dumb,boring,disturbing,scary horror flick is very violent

This thriller fallows Josh, Renai, Dalton, Foster, a family who moves into a house that they think is haunted. Creepy things start happening 1st there son Dalton goes into a-coma, second creepy figures are shown then disappear, 3 things start moving around. Now they decided to move but the strange events continue. So they call a demon fighter a friend of Joshes dad, the demon fighters name is Elise she comes to help to get Dalton back. Now Josh goes into a dimension called the further that is where Dalton is so now he must get him back. This horror movie is quite scary but not as scary as common sense says, there are jump shocks, demons, creepy noises, disturbing images, bloody claw marks, ghosts, and creepy songs that play. Its also very violent but this movie does not use gory killings, guts, or splattering blood to scary its just scary toys, doles, jump shocks, some blood, and disturbing images but only 1 but shocking death. There is also a good amount of swearing including 1 f--king a couple s--ts d--n h--l b---h w----r. There is no drinking, drugs, or gore but its way to scary for kids. My rating:PG-13 for horror throughout,and violent content.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPugluv2388 June 23, 2015

Great movie for kids who are starting to get in to the horror genre!

I absolutely love this movie and the entire series. It is a little scary with more suspense. Another thing I like is that this movie has no sexual activity, a lot of horror movies have unneeded sex scenes. The best part about this movie is the actual story is very creative and interesting. Another thing is that all 3 movies fit together, watch them in order or you will have no idea what is going on. I love this movie! It is a must see!
Teen, 16 years old Written bySuperginge June 20, 2015