All member reviews for Insidious

Exceptionally scary flick is too intense for younger teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byIan_hga116 January 31, 2014

This is instantly a horror classic

This is one of the scariest movies since the "Exorcist". It has no sexy stuff. There's one use of the F word but once you experience all the scares you'll forget it was ever said. Note: this movie will definitely give kids nightmares if they don't know the difference between fact or fiction, also a kid that's about 8 or 9 is in constant danger.
Kid, 10 years old January 30, 2014

Great movie!

This movie was pretty good, but I say 11 mostly because it is reasonably scary and there was 1 f- word.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter January 14, 2014

This is one of the best horror movies of all time!

I watched this movie at a young age, probably younger than I should have been, and loved it! But keep in mind, this movie is very creepy and, well, INSIDIOUS... The language is pretty clean, except for one F-word. There is NOTHING inappropriate about this movie at all, not in content and not in dialogue. This movie also has NOTHING to do with drugs or alcohol. The violence (or scariness) is the worst thing. There is some blood in scenes, mostly brief. The scariness is the worst thing about it. There are a couple of pop-out scenes and some scenes with ghosts (some ghosts look like zombies) but, the most terrifying scene is where the red-faced demon is standing behind Josh (the father and husband) and makes a growling sound, the demon is shown more than once, but this is the most terrifying scene.
Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2014

A little Disappointing

Not very scary, I am not into gore at all but 5 minutes in and the paranormal are among us. To rushed. Familiar and predictable. I would've disliked this movie but the ending was intense, with an older woman being graphically strangled and a shocking realization no one saw coming! The rest of the movie, for me, was not very scary and appropriate for ages 12 and up, but the ending was very scary and for more mature audiences.
Kid, 12 years old January 11, 2014

12+

Great horror movie for teens!
Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2013

not bad.

This movie is very scary but not as scary as the conjuring but it has a scarier idea. I hated the acting and the whole movie was confusing until it was towards the end of the movie and I thought most of the movie was going to be about the dad going into the further and was surprised that they figured out that dalton was haunted towards the end of the movie also. I expected it to be a better movie because I saw the conjuring before this and that was the best horror movie I have ever seen.
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2013

MOST TERRIFYING MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN!

I saw this when I was 11, and I was VERY, VERY scared after this movie. Couldn't sleep for 4 weeks, had 3 nightmares. Should be rated R. Nothing scares me more than this movie. 14+.
Teen, 16 years old Written byliltrout November 1, 2013

Scary, but good story line!

Insidious, is one of those movies that either scary every time you watch it, or it never is scary to you to being with. Personally, I love this movie, and no matter how many times I watch it, it always gets to me. As a parent, it is a very "pop-out" movie and does go very in detail with the devil and describes a lot with that topic. I would make sure to watch out for your children who would be interested in watching it, definitely is one of those movies that kept me up that night from sleeping!
Parent Written byJackHolmes507 October 29, 2013

A disappointing movie but offers mild scares for younger viewers

This film is a disappointing silly film about a Darth maul/ Monkey man on fire who tries to capture a child in its sleep. This film is not scary do not listen to other reviewers no offence but it is not scary. The first 30 minutes may make your child/teen turn it off but their is only one scary scene (which isnt even that scary) Although this film is not very good it is a good starter movie for the horror genre
Teen, 14 years old Written byMike Boyle October 5, 2013

Scariest if you haven't seen The Conjuring.

Ok. I wasn't allowed to see horror movies for awhile so my parents decided to let me go to a double feature of insidious for a last movie. let me just say it was AWESOME I was familiar with James Wan because I had seen The Conjuring (awesome movie btw) so I though why not give insidious a try. I did a little research on cinemark for the sequel and I found out there was gonna be a double feature for both movies. So my parents let me go. I loved it. It was probably the best scary movie I've seen. very twisted at the end too. if your planning on going to see chapter 2 you have to see this one. There are some key parts in it. They say one f-word in it and its toally useless. But I loved it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 September 15, 2013

mild version of the conjuring

Good scary movie and not much that bad. There is little to no violence, and only little language, and no sex or nudity. This is a led scarier version of the conjuring and I think a mature 10 can handle it. What kills me about this site is that they rated this movie “Pause For 15", and this is PG-13. the "south park "movie is pause for 15 and has endless amounts of language and sexual content and is rated R this website confuses me a lot. Mature 10 can handle this.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovie/gamefan September 11, 2013

paranormal activity apology film

insidious is one of those movies that at points makes you jump and for me a nice apology for the disappointing 2009 film paranormal activity
Adult Written bywonder dove August 7, 2013

Hmm...

I found this movie to be kind of interesting. However, the scares weren't really there for me and the story seemed quite dull. It's basically about a family who moves into a new house and discover some odd sounds throughout and objects moving on their own. After their small son falls into a coma for apparently no reason at all, the mother starts to see things and eventually a medium checks out their place and learns that the house isn't actually haunted, their son is! Dad chooses to go into The Further to try and rescue their son and bring him out of a coma before it's too late. Can't believe they compared this to Poltergeist...which is an insult because it's 100 times better! 2 stars for the cast and good acting. Wouldn't watch this one again. Violence is not bad, a few scares and frightening situations and a jump scene or two. Music tries to make it more scary. Language has one f-word followed by a few common but tamer curse words. Sexual content has nothing. PG-13 rating is accurate. Okay for 13+.
Teen, 17 years old Written byLaylaaaaaa105 August 5, 2013

Not very scary!

I watched Insidious recently and I don't get why everyone thinks it's so scary! Omg I laughed through the whole movie (and I watched it at midnight!) especially when that red faced guy appeared behind the dad lolololol. It seriously isn't that bad. The semi scary part for me was when they showed the photographs of the dad from his childhood. It might scare really young kids, but it isn't that horrible.
Teen, 13 years old Written byK4r4t3ch0p August 2, 2013

Best movie of all time recommended for people who are not easily scared

It's not violent and it has very minimal language there is one f bomb and someone is called a wh**e and a b*tch and there is a blood stained hand but all in all it's just a scary movie not really bad but just scary
Kid, 10 years old July 31, 2013

The creepiest and scariest movie I have ever seen.

Violence: 3/5 There are some battle scenes with the monster ghosts and a fight in the further. Terror: 5/5 This movie is electrifyingly scary. Language 3.5/5: The worst words used include "b***h", "f**king", and "d**m". Quality: 4/5 this script is good but frightening and the acting is convincing but the special effects and makeup is better. If you like terrifying but good movies on the edge of PG-13 and R then you should watch this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycrazyforluvingyou7 July 19, 2013

Scary, great movie, but not for everyone.

I love this movie. It was onee of the first real horror movie that I ever saw. I was either 10 or 11 years old when I saw it, and at first, it was pretty scary. It uses h**l and d**n a few times, and only uses f**king once during the middle of the movie when the mother and father are having a heated discussion. B**ch is also used during the movie when ******SPOILER ALERT******* the parents try to contact their son while he is in "the further" as mentioned in the movie (spoiler isn't over yet) also while this is happening, the word wh**e is shown on the screen, as well as f**k, they aren't said though. ****SPOILER OVER****** different terms of ghosts, demons, and possessions are frequent. After watching this film, you might sleep with the lights on for a while, or not sleep at all. Things tend to jump out at you and be creepy, but thats what horror movies are all about. I don't reccomend this for younger viewers as a first time movie, but older viewers could handle it as a first time watcher. The only thing parents might be concerned about would be the scariness of the film. Some kids just might not be ready to watch this level of horror, while others may. This is a great movie and I hope all of you like it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNiki Rae July 10, 2013

not that impressed...

i saw this with my 3 besties at a sleepover :D at first, i thought it would b scary because everyone I knew (even the 3 girls at the sleepover) said it was really scary, but it actually wasn't. the only part that freaked me out is with the shotgun family. there isn't much violence (although characters get thrashed around by an evil spirit) the only thing to worry about is the suspense/jump out surprises scenes. although it don't really scare easily, others might get spooked by this not-so-good horror film. The demons and other ghouls might b frightening, but the main demon looks like Darth Maul, so he wasn't all that scary. as far as sex goes, it's very mild and the language is pretty ok (only one f*ck) and the body count is only 1. the only reason I actually wanted to see this was because it has Patrick Wilson in this (he's my fav actor EVER!!) Hope this helped!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKyle1414 June 17, 2013

Pretty Creepy! Haha

This movie isn't as creepy/scary as I thought it would be, but it was still creepy enough for me to enjoy it! To intense for those under 12. Sorry kids! The second Insidious is HORRIFYING! I was so scared!
Teen, 15 years old Written bythedownrighttruth June 8, 2013