Exceptionally scary flick is too intense for younger teens.

Teen, 15 years old Written bythedownrighttruth June 8, 2013
Teen, 14 years old Written byploopy45 June 6, 2013

To dumb, and intense or younger kids.

This movie is way to scary to be rated PG-13. And if you are a Christian, than this is not for your kids. Lots of demons and frightening images. It's Erie and creepy. I, personally can say that I've seen horror movies with way better plots. Everything in it has been used so many times before, and better.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 5, 2013

Scary with hardly any blood!

See this is how horror movies used to be made, with minimal blood and gore. With directors who are into the whole torture genre, they fail to realize the audience needs to be psychologically terrified and not just grossed out. The movie isn't horror movie perfection, the characters Specks and Tucker provided pointless comic relief, but otherwise it's an engaging, really, really scary horror movie that teens can watch!
Teen, 17 years old Written byblakehunter198 June 5, 2013

Insidoious

Scary, but also great. High in violence.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySean Broucek May 30, 2013

AWESOME

Parents, this acclaimed horror flick will for sure spark discussion about evil spirits and astral projection, but this poignant horror movie may upset kids with some disturbing imagery and strong language. The story follows a family moving into a new home, but soon starts sensing their house is possessed. After frightening sounds and demonic behavior circling in the house, the family moves. The second house has the same weird and eerie things happen. Soon, they must face the horrifying truth. The house is not haunted. It's their son. There is no sexual content and hardly any language, but one use of f--k and w---e printed. Some violence is present, but it's mostly flashes and images of scary situations. It includes bloody hand prints, a boy in a coma, some intense human-demon combat, loud and scary noises on the soundtrack, creepy half-glimpsed figures including a possessed bald woman, and a scary alternate universe where humans are kidnapped and left in doll-like form. There is also some child imperilment. Rated PG-13 For Thematic Material, Violence, Terror And Frightening Images, And Brief Strong Language. In the end, this horror film offers plenty of thought-provoking questions and some unforgettable scares, but this smart, poignant movie is probably too disturbing for kids under 15. Read on if interested in the review for Insidious: Chapter 2. Parents, this sequel to the acclaimed horror flick "Insidious" from the director of Paranormal Activity & Saw will please fans of the first installment of Insidious, but just as the first, includes enough mature material to make it too frightening for younger viewers. The story picks up with Dalton unpossessed, and the unexplainable events are over. Everyone is happy, while staying at Josh's mother's house, but soon, all hell breaks loose. Something evil followed Josh back from the further, and wants to possess him and all connections toward him, including his family. Soon, the terrifying secret will be revealed. It's not just something evil that followed Josh. It's the further that came with him. This movie is less constant on violence, but when used, it is very strong and terrifying. There is fighting, slapping, kicking, fighting, fistfights, punching, but the creepy images are the worst. Images include bloody handprints, bloody teeth, rotting tongues, female demonic figures, scarred faces, a black eyeball, bald witches, and disturbing repeating images of a boy covered in blood and vomit. There are scary loud noises on the soundtrack. Renee is put on a medical drug. Viewers see her swallowing the drug with water, but once, is shown swallowing it with hard liquor, while briefly drunk. Language is much more infrequent, but includes one outburst containing several uses of f--k, and one son of a b-tch. Rated PG-13 For Violence, Sequences Of Terror Including Intense Disturbing And Frightening Images, Some Drug Use, And Brief Language. In the end, this sequel is well made, poignant, and for sure entertaining, but is for the same mature audience, as the first. Coming September 13, 2013. Age 15, 4/5 Stars. Insidious: Chapter 3 is coming Winter 2015!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAleta May 10, 2013

Best. Movie. Ever.

I saw this when I was 11 with my Friends at a Halloween Party. It was AMAZING! The whole movie, you're scared about what will happen next. You should be about 13 to watch this movie. Why? Because it's mostly the Demonic part of this movie. And a boy who gets put in a coma. Seriously... I made myself laugh at times, just pretending it was fine. It was just creepy...
Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2013

Review

This movie almost made me pee my pants a couple times. I wouldn't recommend to kids under 10 or people that get scared easily. Insidious is a movie that is the definition of scary. This movie isn't about what's in the closet but what's behind the clothes and shoes.
Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2013

great but scary!!! if you get scared easy then wait till your older.

really creepy, end is creepy, kinda violent ending including a choking but nothing else. i think its fine for 11 year olds. there is one f**k and nothing else. i watched it when i was 11 but if you get freaked out easily wait till your a bit older. no sex and no drinking drugs or smoking. no racism, or stuff. there is a cliffhanger at the end, you should watch it if you want a good scare! great movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byDC9000 March 18, 2013

Not at all entertaining...

The beginning of this movie was scary, and no one can say it was not. However, every scare in this movie was a cheesy jump scary. The demon looked like Darth Maul and the full body makeup looks like a college play. Later in the movie in the further (the demons realm) everything seemed like a haunted house. And a really boring one as well. Noting made sense by the end of this movie and it was not scary. Although I am not saying you should not see this movie. It just was not good.
Kid, 12 years old March 1, 2013

GREAT horror movie, hardly any voilence, BUT...

This movie is frickin scary. and I mean REALLY scary. so intense and so many jump scenes that anyone will get the crap scared out of them. I have seen this movie twice, once at a sleepover and once by myself. when I saw it at the sleepover the room was dark and the volume was up. and everybody who was watching it screamed at least once. and everyone in the room exept from one was a boy. it shoulb be noted that this has been considered the scariest movie since 'the exorcist' was made. my piont? this movie is not for young viewers. the only reason it is PG-13 is because it doesnt have much violence or gore. if they took scarieness as one of the things that decides how movies were rated, this movie would be R. not for younger viewers.
Teen, 16 years old Written byyundun63 February 16, 2013

Fun and Scary, but not overly so.

I like this movie, I believe I saw it when I was 14 and while it was scary in the moment most teens won't have a problem getting over their fear before bedtime. The originality of the plot is a bonus too! Probably okay for MATURE tweens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byamelia.charlotte123 February 16, 2013

Amazing!!

God this is a good movie. Really really frightening, I couldn't sleep for a few nights, but an amazing movie, not how you may expect at all, and it actually had a decent story line. If you're looking for a scare, I cannot stress how much you should watch this, it's outstanding, with not much swearing, and no sex, but quite violent. A great horror movie, my absolute fave so far!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus January 14, 2013

Wow!

I am so impressed with this movie! I had been told by so many people that it was great, but was still not sold. However, I did see it eventually, and I am SO glad I did! This is seriously one of the best scary movies I have ever seen. I liked the fact that there was not a lot of gore but tons of very good suspense. There were some jump scares, which I'm not to fond of, but other than that none of the scares were cheap. Another thing that really pleased me was that I was was expecting a typical horror movie (people movie into new house, things start happening,.....), but it wasn't at all cliche. I highly recommend this movie to you!!!!
Kid, 11 years old December 7, 2012

Insidious is insidious

This is one of my favorite horror movies. There really isn't gore ,but it's pretty creepy. One f-word ,the rest is very mild. Fun ,suspenseful ,and horrifying.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPurdieBoy18 November 20, 2012

Intense

It is pretty intense. A lot of jump scares and frightening scences. Good movie to watch with friends. Overall a good movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byyobro November 16, 2012

creepy

without violence is creepy. i watched when i was 11 and it was kinda creepy. it had one f bomb. but really i hear f bombs 24/7. i saw poltergiest and sixth sense and thought those were not creepy at all. the picture with the old lady getting closer is really creepy. somebody tell me a movie more creepy i wanna watch it. i just got the grudge from the library.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCole9678 November 6, 2012

Insidiously awesome!

This movie is scary in a very smart way. No blood or gore, just simple and stylized suspense and creepiness. I LOVE THOSE KINDS OF MOVIES! Still though, the only thing to worry about are the creepy figures used in this film. Like this demon guy that looks like darth maul (only freakier). If you're looking for a nice, clean horror movie, with minimal swearing and no blood, watch this. If you are looking for a movie that keep you with one eye open while you're sleeping, watch this. If you're bored and wanna be scared guess waht?.......................(watch this) >:D
Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2012

Watch with friends

It was a very good movie, i watched it with my friends at a sleepover. There were some parts that made you jump, but other than that, it was good.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypbondhater007 October 22, 2012

Great First Horror Movie!!

This was one of the first horror movies I've every seen and it was was pretty scary when I was younger. There was little cussing and not much violence especially for a horror movie. It's still a great movie and still really lives up to my expectations. It's a great first horror movie and a great overall film. I highly recommend "Insidious."
Teen, 16 years old Written byhockeyguy October 13, 2012