All member reviews for Insidious

Exceptionally scary flick is too intense for younger teens.

Teen, 16 years old Written byrudy1212 December 22, 2011

insidious review

this movie contains terror,disturbing images of monsters and ghosts,and some violence and language. this movie was decent, but not the scariest movie ive seen. that honor still belongs to the exorcist or hellraiser or a haunting in connecticut or a slipknot music video(im serious). the only really scary thing was that red demon, man, that mother was scary, and when he was chasing the boy on the wall, god. the story is classic haunted house but instead its the son, special affects and visuals were good for a movie with a budget of like 1 or 2 million dollars, and the sound was great. there some violence but really its the creatures and sound thats supposed to scare you. the ending is a cliffhanger which sucks and i was ticked that it wasnt that scary just a couple scenes with the red face demon. overall 2.5 out of 4 stars.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymol--- December 18, 2011

Good, until....

I was expecting a really scary horror after realising the film was created by the same makers of paranormal activity, but after halfway through it got a little silly and far-feched. The first half is good and is really scary, with a few jumpy scenes, but after the big dicovery in the film (about halfway through) it became watchable after hiding under a pillow in the first half. It becomes a bit silly and not as scary. Alright film to start off though, great for sleepovers.
Teen, 15 years old Written byawsomescout December 17, 2011

Finnaly a great and scary classic-non-gory-like horror film for thoose who have not seen R-movies and are not sensetive to horror films at all

Even though it is made by the makers of Saw and Paranormal Activity, this movie is in any way not gory (except with bloody hand prints that you'll only see 2 times) and drifts more into pop-outs and scary images to make it a horror film. Spoiler note: When everybody gathers around a round table, don't expect them to start prasing to the mythological evil spirits so that they can bring the boy back. All they are doing is trying to talk to the haunted boy (who falls into a mysterious comma) so they can guide him back. This movie is a little bit on the edge of Satanic (unlike The Exorcist), it is still clean and scary at the same time. Watch this if you can't find any modern scary movies to make yourselves jump and have a good time.
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2011

dont bother

sooo boring not scary at all dalton was suppose to be 10 but he acted like he was 5
Kid, 10 years old December 3, 2011

scary

SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME
Teen, 15 years old Written bydeoxysdeidera1008 November 30, 2011

review on insidious (scary)

its a great horror movie, everybody loves it at the same time very terrifying and creepy. The music makes it even more scary it puts a scary tone or gives the movie the heartbeat it needs. I suggest everybody aged 14 and above watch it. I mean i loved it. Its also a great movie for sleepovers. But must watch it in the dark. Best scary movie of the year 2011. Bye paranormal activity, hello INSIDIOUS
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 November 30, 2011

not that bad.

Csm,this isn't one of the most terrifying movies ever made.its ok for 8 up this is an exception bcuz younger kids may be scared but if you say this is 15 up I can't help but disagree because I watched this with lights out and at night around 12 with only my dad around but hey he was the one doing most of the screaming.i didn't even get scared guess i am too hardcore for a teenager maybe I've seen too many horrors to be scared of this I showed by brother who is ten and he jumped off his chair couple of times but he managed to sleep like a baby that night.
Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2011

good horror movie.

i watched this when i was 11 and it was pretty scary.
Kid, 9 years old November 14, 2011

Against catholic religion. Why doesn't scary movie make fun of this?

really scary but if you are catholic like me you'll realize it is very against the religion, shouldn't have been made!!!!!!!!!!!! Scary movie should come out with a fifth and make fun of this!!! Don't be afraid of the dark and The Rite should be the best scariest movies for 2011
Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2011

Scary though a little bit funny in my opinion

This was a great movie but defintely not for ten or under. I thought it was a little bit funny because the demon was listening to this really ridiculous music that not even grandparents would listen to! The images are never clear so what seems like something scary is nothing, just your imagination. Though i enjoy terrifying movies so dont watch unless you can find the funny part about this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byXxREDKnight97xX October 22, 2011

Insidious

This is the probably one of the most best-scary movies I have ever saw.The language and the sex is not a problem, the only thing that might concern you would be the jump scenes. The thing is it's not that it's scary its just the things that jump out, and you might be the person that hates that, it just depends who you are. Over all it's one of the best scary movies I have seen in some time!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymeekoloveshermovies October 12, 2011

Scary and Good! :D

Basically I loved it but it made me jump out of my chair several times! It has a lot of pop up moments and it has a good creepy plot! Swearing in one scene at least but the rest is just plain creepy.
Parent Written byalexjd10 October 10, 2011

good moive

its scary at some parts like pop outs but nothin to bad
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatelynjj October 9, 2011

Good movie. Fine for teens

I'm 13 and the movie really isn't scary if you think about it. Little kids should not see it But teens that like scary movies can watch it...it's actually a really good movie and there is one sad part where I was real close to crying.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymethemoviemaker October 3, 2011

Better--and scarier--than the Exorcist.

A boy falls into a coma, he's not expected to wake up. This is one of the scenes that really horrified me. The boy's brother shares a room with him while the boy is being kept safe. The brother goes up to his mom. "Mommy? Can I switch rooms?" "What's the matter, sweetie?" "I don't like when Dalton walks around at night." The movie goes along those lines. The boy is on the verge of becoming possessed; he's not in a coma. Things pop out everywhere around the house, especially a smiling woman--who will forever keep me awake at night--and a red-faced demon. Now, I'm a pretty tough person when it comes to horror, and, coincidentally, I've never had nightmares before, never had trouble falling asleep. Just after I saw this movie, it all changed. I was worried I'd wake up and a shadowy figure would be beside my bed. I was scared I'd open my eyes and a pale, grinning woman's face, just slightly tilted, would be right there. It's better than any horror movie. The way it's all planned out--the suspenseful, harshly revealing dialogue, insane jump scenes, the haunting setting and creepy figures--it's all so simple, and yet it is successfully frightening and spine-tingling. It shows that you don't need gore, you don't need stupid teenagers, and you don't need any weapons, and, most importantly, you hardly need any deaths to make a great horror film. But you never want to stop watching. The pace, the story, everything--it's ingenious. It's been done before, but it seems so unique and outstanding. It's scarier than the Exorcist, the Ring, the Grudge, any old slasher film, any paranormal or possessed-character film. This movie is very, very scary.
Parent Written byS0CKM0NKEY September 30, 2011

Great for tweens to adults!

This was a GREAT MOVIE! And i loved how it didn't have to be a slasher movie to scare me!
Kid, 12 years old September 17, 2011

insidious

this movie is great for people who like ghost movies but don't like gory stuff.isn't too scary for tweens and teens.depends on if you scare easily.i did jump a couple of times.overall great movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 6, 2011

Horror flick is intense, sometimes very scary, but most teens who love being scared should have a fantastic time

I didn't think that Insidious really pushed the PG-13 rating by any means. While, yes it was intense and occasionally frightening, I really don't think that it was any worse at all than any other PG-13 rated horror movies that are out now. If at all, I think it was actually maybe a bit tamer than the average one. The only thing that teens have to worry about are the scares, which are frequent and could be very scary, but if your teen can handle these kinds of movies, than he should probably have a great time. Also, the only other thing is that there is some strong language, including a rather random use of the F-word.
Educator Written byKittykate93 September 5, 2011

Best scary movie in years!

This is the scariest movie I've seen in many years. The spirits and demons that show up are very scary. The movie is very entertaining and easy to follow. Not too much language, no alcohol or drugs, no sex, just alot of scary images and violence. I would not let a tween watch it unless they like really scary movies
Kid, 11 years old September 4, 2011

No more for 5 year old brothers!!

I loved it, but the next time me and my friends watch it at out annual "horror sleepover", I'm making my mom watch Spongebob with my 5 year old brother 'cause he refused to go to bed in his room because he would be alone in a mostly dark room. Also, when they move, they use a Penske truck, with the logo very visible.