All member reviews for Insidious

Exceptionally scary flick is too intense for younger teens.

Parent Written byfirstavenger11 February 13, 2012

Insidous

Kid, 11 years old February 11, 2012

good but very scary

you decide very scary not gory depends how mature your kid is and if he will be able to handle it. Remember look at the film before taking younger kids to see this especially tweens.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytricianguyenn February 8, 2012

Creepy, but not too scary.

I really like this movie because even without using gore and too much violence, it's pretty creepy.
Kid, 10 years old February 7, 2012

Violence may be an issue, as well as ghosts and demons

This had a nice idea and was very well planned and enjoyable. Talk to your kid before and afterhand though, there is some language like one unexpected f**k and a few other words. The kid is in a coma because of spirits which may scare young children his age. A character is strangled at the end and there are many intense scenes, most having to deal with spirits and demons. If your kid is okay with this kind of thing or has seen many ghost horror movies I'd say give this one a shot- despite the disappointing and predictable ending.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancegirl3697 February 4, 2012

Scary, but not too bad

This movie wasnt that bad. The only scary parts were when ghost jump out of nowhere! And some of the faces were a little creepy. At the end, theres a creepy ending that leaves you hanging. So its a good thing theres gunna be a sequeal! But overall not that bad. I think this is fine for ages 14 and up.
Kid, 11 years old February 3, 2012

Not too scary, but good :)

I didn't think it was very scary, and I'm eleven. I didn't get nightmares or anything, but it was a bit creepy. Great movie :D
Adult Written bykeeyan January 29, 2012

a little awesome

this movie is scary
Teen, 13 years old Written byerraggarn98 January 25, 2012

1st half of the movie was eerie with great storyline, 2nd half.. I was not impressed

Kids under 12 watching this would give them nightmares for sure. This is a semi-scary movie for 12 yearolds and up. The first half of the movie got me really engadged and scared but the second half was terrible. It was like half way through they got a new crappy director. 1st half: 5/5 2nd half: 3/5
Teen, 13 years old Written bymonkeyboy70 January 22, 2012

One of the Best

Insidious is a excellently made horror flick that doesn't need blood to scare. It is Poltergeist meets The Shining. May give nightmares. Really good jump-out-of-your-seat moments....Darth Maul, creepy kids, freaky family, and a weird looking guy! Don't miss it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 January 20, 2012

anfjgaao;ga

soul stole kid is scary and should be rated R for Restricted
Teen, 13 years old Written byAdamish_Bro January 12, 2012

Leigh and James have done it again

I found it hard to concentrate on the movie with Leigh Whannell as Specs, HOT. James Wan, another masterpiece.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012

Insidious

this movie is intence and scary-good.
Teen, 16 years old Written byrudy1212 December 22, 2011

insidious review

this movie contains terror,disturbing images of monsters and ghosts,and some violence and language. this movie was decent, but not the scariest movie ive seen. that honor still belongs to the exorcist or hellraiser or a haunting in connecticut or a slipknot music video(im serious). the only really scary thing was that red demon, man, that mother was scary, and when he was chasing the boy on the wall, god. the story is classic haunted house but instead its the son, special affects and visuals were good for a movie with a budget of like 1 or 2 million dollars, and the sound was great. there some violence but really its the creatures and sound thats supposed to scare you. the ending is a cliffhanger which sucks and i was ticked that it wasnt that scary just a couple scenes with the red face demon. overall 2.5 out of 4 stars.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymol--- December 18, 2011

Good, until....

I was expecting a really scary horror after realising the film was created by the same makers of paranormal activity, but after halfway through it got a little silly and far-feched. The first half is good and is really scary, with a few jumpy scenes, but after the big dicovery in the film (about halfway through) it became watchable after hiding under a pillow in the first half. It becomes a bit silly and not as scary. Alright film to start off though, great for sleepovers.
Teen, 15 years old Written byawsomescout December 17, 2011

Finnaly a great and scary classic-non-gory-like horror film for thoose who have not seen R-movies and are not sensetive to horror films at all

Even though it is made by the makers of Saw and Paranormal Activity, this movie is in any way not gory (except with bloody hand prints that you'll only see 2 times) and drifts more into pop-outs and scary images to make it a horror film. Spoiler note: When everybody gathers around a round table, don't expect them to start prasing to the mythological evil spirits so that they can bring the boy back. All they are doing is trying to talk to the haunted boy (who falls into a mysterious comma) so they can guide him back. This movie is a little bit on the edge of Satanic (unlike The Exorcist), it is still clean and scary at the same time. Watch this if you can't find any modern scary movies to make yourselves jump and have a good time.
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2011

dont bother

sooo boring not scary at all dalton was suppose to be 10 but he acted like he was 5
Kid, 10 years old December 3, 2011

scary

SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME
Teen, 15 years old Written bydeoxysdeidera1008 November 30, 2011

review on insidious (scary)

its a great horror movie, everybody loves it at the same time very terrifying and creepy. The music makes it even more scary it puts a scary tone or gives the movie the heartbeat it needs. I suggest everybody aged 14 and above watch it. I mean i loved it. Its also a great movie for sleepovers. But must watch it in the dark. Best scary movie of the year 2011. Bye paranormal activity, hello INSIDIOUS
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 November 30, 2011

not that bad.

Csm,this isn't one of the most terrifying movies ever made.its ok for 8 up this is an exception bcuz younger kids may be scared but if you say this is 15 up I can't help but disagree because I watched this with lights out and at night around 12 with only my dad around but hey he was the one doing most of the screaming.i didn't even get scared guess i am too hardcore for a teenager maybe I've seen too many horrors to be scared of this I showed by brother who is ten and he jumped off his chair couple of times but he managed to sleep like a baby that night.
Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2011

good horror movie.

i watched this when i was 11 and it was pretty scary.