All member reviews for Instructions Not Included

Mix of comedy and tragedy in Mexican dad-daughter tale.

Teen, 16 years old Written byM16 September 24, 2013

Go watch this movie. You won't regret it!

This movie was really well made I absolutely loved it. There's many reasons why I found this moving simply amazing and here are a few. 1.) It shows how even the most unlikely of people can prosper and prove others wrong. Valentin was obviously the last person someone would leave their child with but he ended up being a good father to Maggie. Personally, it shows me that with a little elbow grease I can really tackle anything. 2.) Aside from the story being good the actors in the movie were outstanding too. I can't believe it was Loreto's first movie. All around this movie was well done from the casting to the story to the actual quality of the movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJflores14 December 2, 2014

Sweet tale of a fathers love for his daughter

I had to watch in my Spanish class and ended up loving it. It has some iffy content, but I enjoyed it. Teens should like it and adults will like it more and appreciate the father a love for his daughter. Content: Violence: comedic falls and crashes. Sex: the story revolves around the father and how he is a male slut. He sleeps with multiple women and it is very gross for a man to do this. There is sexual innuendo about a guy working on a girls plumbing. A couple is lesbian and they kiss on the cheek. A man inpregnates a girl and she leaves the baby on his porch. A mans bare butt is briefly glimpsed. Language: a mouthed "what the f**k". Uses of s**t, b*tch, crap, damn, hell, etc. my rating: PG-13: for thematic material, sexual content and references, strong language,and brief nudity.
Educator and Parent Written byBFC1989 December 22, 2014

Complete, unexpected courage!!!

This is a great movie. I, an adult loved it. Great for kids? Maybe for those kids who really love "strong heart" movies. Strong heart to me means a movie that is much more than "heart warming" - it is one that heals and hurts at the same time. It is profound, funny, awkward, and mature. And by mature I mean the characters reach into themselves and grow and awaken, (you know, what mature used to mean. ; ) It is a good reminder for parents too - judge gently, for you often do not and can not know someone else's whole story...